A new pet..

My 10 year old brother is getting a girl cockapoo, and is set on one name: Ashaya. His reasons? He loves the Pokemon character [name]Ash[/name] & needed a feminine form. Gag me. I pray that this current phase will be over quickly.
I’ve decided (that is, been decided for by my mother; supposedly it is too controlling to try and name your sibling’s pet:D Only a fellow Nameberrian would be sympathetic) that I’ll call the poor dog that, but in my mind I’m spelling it Ais”a–although it’s no more legit, this at least LOOKS like it could possibly be a Gaelic name, similar to [name]Aisling[/name].
Still, I’m trying my best to find “[name]Ash[/name]” names that my brother might like more–I tried [name]Cassia[/name] & it almost worked, but in the end didn’t. Anybody have any feminine “[name]Ash[/name]” names? I’m liking Ashwood a bit. It’s got that surname-turned-girl-name feel. The names don’t have to have the “ash” part at the beginning, nor do they need to be spelled that way (see examples above). It just has to very clearly be in there.
And, really, ANYTHING is better than Ashaya!

• NameGoddess
      Post Script; that’s apparently pronounced ash-AY-uh, according to [name]Philip[/name], my little brother.
      Post Post Script; anyone familiar with Pokemon can give “good” Pokemon names, too! He may bend for that. All I know is Pikachu(:
      Post Post Post Script; please no Ashleys. Or Ashlynns. Gracias.

[name]Asha[/name]
Ashaki
[name]Ashanti[/name]
Asherat
Ashilde
Ashina
[name]Ashira[/name]
Ashra

These are all legitimate names-perhaps your little brother will like one of these.

Asashia
Basemath
[name]Dasha[/name]
[name]Latasha[/name]
[name]Masha[/name]
[name]Natasha[/name]
[name]Vashti[/name]

Ashtoreth or Ishtar. Ashtoreth is the name of a Phoenician goddess. In Babylon, she was known as the goddess Ishtar.

– [name]Nephele[/name]