A new route to a middle name!

I’ve posted on Nameberry a lot and now I’m taking a new route to finding a middle name for a girl. Without saying what her first name would be, here’s what I’d like to find:

I would like something off the beaten path: certainly nothing in the top 50. [name]Feel[/name] free to get creative! I’m open to all sorts of names!

It can’t start with an L or a vowel.

I’d like a 2 syllable name with a second syllable emphasis (i.e. [name]Nicole[/name], [name]Nadine[/name], [name]Colette[/name])
or a 3 syllable name with any emphasis (i.e. [name]Maria[/name], [name]Nicolette[/name], [name]Josephine[/name]).

Ready-set-go! :slight_smile:

Thank you!

B - [name]Bryony[/name], [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Bellatrix[/name]
C - [name]Cecily[/name], [name]Catriona[/name], [name]Corinne[/name], [name]Cassandra[/name]
D - [name]Delphine[/name], [name]Diana[/name], [name]Delia[/name], [name]Demetria[/name]
F - [name]Fiona[/name], [name]Flora[/name]
G - [name]Georgiana[/name], [name]Giselle[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name]
H - [name]Helena[/name], [name]Hermione[/name]
J - [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Jasmine[/name]
M - [name]Matilda[/name], [name]Miriam[/name], [name]Monet[/name], [name]Mirabel[/name], [name]Miranda[/name]
O - [name]Ophelia[/name], [name]Olive[/name], Oracene
P - [name]Phoebe[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Paisley[/name]
R - [name]Regina[/name], [name]Rosamund[/name], [name]Rhiannon[/name]
S - [name]Stella[/name], [name]Samantha[/name], [name]Saoirse[/name]
T - [name]Tallulah[/name], [name]Therese[/name], [name]Talia[/name], [name]Tamsin[/name]
V - [name]Vivian[/name], [name]Veronica[/name], [name]Victoria[/name], [name]Vanessa[/name], [name]Violet[/name], [name]Veronique[/name]

Difficult to find a middle name without knowing what’s gonna be the first one… but here are some suggestions:
A: [name]Alia[/name], [name]Alicia[/name], [name]Amalia[/name], [name]Anouk[/name], [name]Axelle[/name], [name]Amina[/name]
C: [name]Cheyenne[/name], [name]Celine[/name], [name]Chiara[/name], [name]Coraline[/name]
D: [name]Davina[/name]
E: [name]Elea[/name], [name]Eden[/name], [name]Eileen[/name], [name]Emilia[/name], [name]Everly[/name], [name]Elaine[/name]
I: [name]Ivy[/name], [name]Isobel[/name], [name]Imena[/name], [name]Imogen[/name]
K: [name]Kaylin[/name]
L: [name]Leah[/name], [name]Lina[/name], [name]Louise[/name], [name]Lovisa[/name], [name]Luna[/name]
M: [name]Malea[/name], Maleen, [name]Malou[/name], [name]Muriel[/name]
N: [name]Nia[/name], [name]Niley[/name], [name]Noelle[/name], [name]Nyla[/name]
S: [name]Sienna[/name], [name]Stella[/name], [name]Summer[/name]

Thanks for the suggestions!

The reason I’m asking for suggestions without giving the first name is that I think it influences the suggestions and I’m hoping to get some new ideas. :slight_smile: I know it makes it a little trickier but I hoped that the guidelines I gave would help narrow the options! If it makes it easier, imagine it’s a first name you are coming up with!
Thanks for playing along!

two-syllables, accent on second:

[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name]
[name]Justine[/name]
[name]Cecile[/name]
[name]Pilar[/name]
[name]Raquel[/name]
[name]Noelle[/name]

Not my intention, but most of these (excepting [name]Pilar[/name]–and perhaps [name]Raquel[/name], I’m not sure) turn out to be French. I guess that makes sense–accenting the 2nd syllable of a two-syllable name/word is very French.

Some random 3-syllable names (trying to avoid repeats, sorry if I missed some):

[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Gillian[/name]
[name]Patricia[/name]
[name]Mariah[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] (could also be pr. with 4 syllables)
[name]Ramona[/name]
[name]Marjorie[/name]/[name]Margery[/name]
[name]Marina[/name]
Thaisa ([name]Ti[/name]-EE-sa: a Shakespearean name)
[name]Meredith[/name]
[name]Marilla[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Rosamund[/name]
[name]Rosanna[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name]

Sorry I didn’t alphabetize!

Best wishes!

Thank you again!
[name]Just[/name] wondering what play is Thaisa from? I’m unfamiliar with it!
I may have to go on a Shakespearean name hunt! ([name]Love[/name] him!)

by dove14 on Mon [name]Jan[/name] 25, 2010 2:39 pm (Unread)
Thank you again!
[name]Just[/name] wondering what play is Thaisa from? I’m unfamiliar with it!
I may have to go on a Shakespearean name hunt! ([name]Love[/name] him!)

She is from [name]Pericles[/name], which I have to admit I haven’t read or seen, but her name did jump out at me!