A New Sibling for Mars & Jules

Hello, everyone!

It’s been a crazy past few months and I haven’t been around in a while, but it felt right to take a moment and come here to announce our latest, and last, arrival. In 2016, Name [name_u]Sage[/name_u] [name_u]Abby[/name_u] stepped in and helped my wife [name_f]Anita[/name_f] and I decide on our second child’s name when we were honestly feeling like we were running in circles! Her post opened us to a lot of other meaningful options we never considered or truly explored, and I give her a million thanks for that.

Thanks to her post, [name_f]Anita[/name_f] and I happily settled on a name for our new baby! She was born early on [name_f]May[/name_f] 2nd in the middle of the night. Although she only weighed 3lbs/8oz and is just barely 16in long, she’s doing well in NICU, and my wife and I are utterly over the moon.

Her name is [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f], but we call her [name_f]Lila[/name_f] for short. Although both of those names initially came from the first songs my wife and I heard together and sing constantly (Hey There [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] are classics at my house) we also realize how fitting their meanings are. [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] means ‘delicate’, which matches [name_f]Lila[/name_f]’s premature arrival, and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] was a goddess in Greek mythology, which ties into her brothers’ names, and also symbolizes the power she has for being a little fighter in a tough time.

Together, we have [name_m]Marcus[/name_m] ‘[name_u]Mars[/name_u]’ [name_u]River[/name_u], [name_m]Julius[/name_m] ‘[name_u]Jules[/name_u]’ [name_u]Finley[/name_u], and [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Lila[/name_f]’ [name_f]Iris[/name_f], and they’re perfect. We can’t wait for her to come home, but in the meantime, the boys are taking full advantage to blast the [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars movies on repeat. So thank you all, again, for this wonderfully supportive and thriving community, for being there in the best and worse times.

[name_f]May[/name_f] the fourth be with you! :smile:
[name_f]Leonie[/name_f], [name_f]Anita[/name_f], [name_u]Mars[/name_u], [name_u]Jules[/name_u], and [name_f]Lila[/name_f].

13 Likes

[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] is gorgeous! I love all your kids names! Congrats :slight_smile:

[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] is absolutely stunning! Many congratulations on your little fighter, and on choosing such fabulous names for all three of your children :heart_eyes:

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f], [name_f]Lila[/name_f]! I hope you go from strength to strength.

Wow! Congratulations! I love the name you chose for your baby girl. :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: So powerful and meaningful. It’s absolutely perfect for your little warrior.
All your children have magnificent names.
I wish you all the best! Good luck :four_leaf_clover: and stay safe!

Beautiful, congratulations :heart:

Awe congratulations. [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] is gorgeous.

What a strong, beautiful, meaningful name. Actually, all of your children have fantastic names!
Congratulations on your newest addition!!

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f]! Congratulations!

Congratulations! You have a wonderful sibling set and [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]’s name is no exception! :slight_smile:

Beautiful choice!! Congratulations

Congrats!! <3

Delilah [name_f]Iris[/name_f] is so beautiful! Congratulations.