A New Sibling for Mars

With the recent flurry of activity in our family, from a sudden visit from an old friend and the death of another, I still think it’s a miracle my wife [name_f]Anita[/name_f] and I managed to figure out a name for our second child….

…. who was born a little early (the only crazy moment this month I was so very thankful for - and definitely the cutest). Our newest addition (another boy!!!) was born on [name_u]January[/name_u] 22 at 9:37 PM, thankfully healthy at an approximate 9 lbs, and just under 19 inches long. He already has dark, thick hair, which is something [name_f]Anita[/name_f] and I joke about, since our first son was born with almost no hair, but now it’s a curly dark mess, nearly five years later.

But right, the name. I asked [name_u]Abby[/name_u], the wise Name [name_u]Sage[/name_u], for some much needed advice, and after her wonderful suggestions, the many helpful comments that followed (seriously, you guys [name_m]ROCK[/name_m]), and a series of long deliberation sessions mixed with desperation to have a name for the poor kid when they arrived, we decided on [name_m]Julius[/name_m] [name_u]Finley[/name_u], nn [name_u]Jules[/name_u]. His nickname was especially approved by [name_f]Anita[/name_f] (the family’s designated science nerd) and our firstborn [name_m]Marcus[/name_m] ‘[name_u]Mars[/name_u]’ [name_u]River[/name_u] (who was delighted to have a brother with a nn ‘like his’).

Again, thank you for all the wonderful suggestions, you helped us find the perfect name for our new baby, and a future baby if it ever comes to that (fingers crossed!).

With love,
[name_f]Leonie[/name_f], [name_f]Anita[/name_f], [name_u]Mars[/name_u] and [name_u]Jules[/name_u]

I remember your Name [name_u]Sage[/name_u] post! I thought at the time how awesome your first son’s name + nickname is, and I’m glad you’ve managed to something that matches it. [name_m]Julius[/name_m] [name_u]Finley[/name_u] is great - handsome yet fun, like his brother’s name. Congrats!

You’ve chosen fantastic names for your sons. Congratulations!

Congrats :slight_smile: how lovely!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it. [name_u]Mars[/name_u] and [name_u]Jules[/name_u] are great together! Congrats

Congratulations!! Awesome choice!

Aww congrats! Those are gorgeous names