A New Start: Finding The One

Here we go again. Three months + a few days until due date and I’m a bit nervous about my list. As some of you know Husband’s feelings regarding the names we like go up and down, so at the moment our list is blank to me. He has in the past changed his mind about [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f] and [name_m]Tin[/name_m]úviel, Sylvestra is so new I don’t trust his fondness for this name quite yet and I feel weird when I say [name_f]Morgana[/name_f] to [name_u]Baby[/name_u] [name_f]Bunny[/name_f]. So I need a few more names, ideally three-four as it drives me crazy not to have the same amount of girl and boy names (which annoys me more than it does you). And these lists are not Husband approved, he isn’t very interested in talking names right now, but I cannot wait.

I’ve put the names into four categories. The first and the third category are the ones I imagine we will find the names in. The second category we’ve been through before. I included the fourth category in case anyone wants to give us suggestions as these names all have sounds I like.

What I’m looking for: a name I love as much as my boy names; [name_m]Casimir[/name_m], [name_m]Endymion[/name_m], [name_m]Galileo[/name_m], [name_m]Orpheus[/name_m], [name_m]Romulus[/name_m], Théoden and [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m]. [name_m]Galileo[/name_m] [name_m]Hector[/name_m] Eärendil; this name makes me blissfully happy, it feels shiny and precious and utterly beautiful, and I want that for a girl name as well. I want a name that feels like the one. One thing I know Husband doesn’t like is names that feel choppy or unfinished. Deianira for example, which I love, he feels is too random. I would prefer to avoid another Greek name, but there are so many goods one I can’t resist.

I adore cute nicknames, and I know I can use whatever nn I want, but names that lend themselves easily to [name_f]Evie[/name_f], [name_m]Pom[/name_m], [name_f]Polly[/name_f], [name_f]Sadie[/name_f], [name_f]Sally[/name_f], [name_f]Winnie[/name_f], [name_f]Wendy[/name_f], Lussi, Liss, [name_f]Rosie[/name_f], Nussi, etc, that would be lovely.

UPDATE PAGE 10!

Names we love that we haven’t considered as firsts before but might deserve a bump:
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] - [name_m]Roman[/name_m] [name_f]Goddess[/name_f] of the dawn
[name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] - The Amazon [name_f]Star[/name_f]
[name_f]Clemency[/name_f] - [name_m]Roman[/name_m] [name_f]Goddess[/name_f] of mercy
[name_f]Cosima[/name_f]* - feminine version of the name of [name_m]Cosimo[/name_m] I de ‘Medici, Grand [name_m]Duke[/name_m] of Tuscany and patron of the arts
Éowyn - best most awesome literary character of all time
Heleyne - a medieval name, a half way between [name_f]Elaine[/name_f] and [name_f]Helena[/name_f]; The Lady of Shallot and [name_f]Helen[/name_f] of [name_m]Troy[/name_m]
Libertas - [name_m]Roman[/name_m] [name_f]Goddess[/name_f] of liberty
Nyneve - The Lady of the [name_u]Lake[/name_u] in Arthurian romance
[name_f]Nyx[/name_f] - Greek [name_f]Goddess[/name_f] of the night
[name_f]Ondine[/name_f] - water spirits, means wave which ties it nicely to [name_u]Baby[/name_u]'s zodiac sign [name_f]Aquarius[/name_f]
Rossetti - surname of one of our favourite painters [name_m]Dante[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] Rossetti
[name_f]Soraya[/name_f] – an early 20th century [name_f]Queen[/name_f] (consort) of Afghanistan, she was very influential and a feminist. Persian for the Pleiades
Tellervo - (one of the) Finnish [name_f]Goddess/name_f of the forest
Tempestas/[name_f]Tempest[/name_f] - [name_m]Roman[/name_m] [name_f]Goddess[/name_f] of storms

Names we have considered before but somehow didn’t make it:
[name_f]Alcyone[/name_f]/[name_f]Halcyone[/name_f]
[name_f]Atalanta[/name_f]
Briseis
[name_f]Callisto[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]
Hippolyta/Ippolita
[name_f]Hypatia[/name_f]
[name_f]Isis[/name_f]
[name_f]Melusine[/name_f]
Ostara
[name_f]Pandora[/name_f]
Polyhymnia
[name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f]
[name_f]Ursula[/name_f]
Vespertine

Names we haven’t (seriously) considered before:
Leucothea - Greek Sea [name_f]Goddess[/name_f]
[name_f]Morrigan[/name_f] - Irish [name_f]Goddess[/name_f] of battles and death. “Phantom [name_f]Queen[/name_f]”
Nedusia - epithet of [name_f]Athene[/name_f]
Orseis - Nymph and ancestor to the Greeks
Venelia - [name_m]Roman[/name_m] nymph connected to waves and wind
Zinelor - Slavic name for Aradia, the witch [name_f]Goddess[/name_f]
Zohreh - Persian name for the planet [name_f]Venus[/name_f]

Names I like but I wouldn’t name a child (I think, but who knows):
Cassieardolla - I don’t know anything about this name, I’m not even sure it is a name.
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] - I’m not a huge Hunchback fan so it would feel weird, but it’s green and sparkling like an emerald lace and velvet dress.
[name_f]Jezebel[/name_f] - worried about [name_f]MiL[/name_f]'s and my mother’s reactions, but I love the haunting beauty and it kind of sounds like golden bells.
Medusa - would be slightly mean methinks, but I like the sound. Medusa. Sounds like something dark and delicious underwatery.

These are photos that makes me go oh-my-GOODNESS-this-is-what-our-daughters-will-look-like-as-small-children:
one - two- three -four
(one and two are based on Roo’s looks, three is basically what Husband looked like as a child (he looked like a girl), four is a good blend)

*pretty sure this one will be added to my list unless Husband says no

Here’s my thoughts:

First list:

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] – I know there’s been several times you’ve said you (or your husband) didn’t want another A, so I’d rule it out just for that. Plus I love her as a middle with Nuvi
[name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] – As long as you’re not worried about HP references, this is my favorite of this list. It’s strong, amazing sound, good nicknames, sounds great with [name_f]Dita[/name_f]. Are you worried it sets you up to follow the alphabet? A, B, C?
[name_f]Clemency[/name_f] – I think she works great as a middle when you find the right first but is so odd next to [name_f]Aphrodite[/name_f]. Most people won’t think goddess, they’ll think it’s just a word. Then you have “word name and goddess” or to some people “word name (read trendy) and goddess (read interesting)”
[name_f]Cosima[/name_f]* – I just don’t personally like it so I don’t have much to say that isn’t biased. I don’t like the sound together either
Éowyn – I think this one sounds amazing next to [name_f]Dita[/name_f], is a strong woman like [name_f]Dita[/name_f] and is Tolkien. It has all the things I’ve sen you ask for. And it has [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]
Heleyne – It’s beautiful and I like how it sounds with [name_f]Dita[/name_f], but prefer it in the middle
Libertas – again, very harsh to me next to [name_f]Dita[/name_f]
Nyneve – much much prefer Niniane and even Nimue over this one. I find it a bit awkward
[name_f]Nyx[/name_f] – I find this [name_m]WAY[/name_m] too short and harsh next to [name_f]Dita[/name_f] (unlike [name_f]Isis[/name_f], which was a good sort of short). She’d be better as a nickname for Nixea which is just an alternate form of [name_f]Nixie[/name_f] and gives you a fairy connection and the nicknames [name_f]Nixie[/name_f] and [name_f]Nyx[/name_f].
[name_f]Ondine[/name_f] – It’s beautiful, but it works so amazing in the middle with so many of your combos. I think it sounds fine with [name_f]Dita[/name_f], I just can’t find good nicknames and like it better in the middle
Rossetti – I’ve suggested this one before :slight_smile: I love the subtle connection between the name [name_f]Aphrodite[/name_f] and the painting by Rossetti. I think it’s a fresh version of a [name_f]Rose[/name_f] name and lends itself to [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]. It sounds great with [name_f]Dita[/name_f]
[name_f]Soraya[/name_f] –- I have thought about suggesting this one as a middle so often but though “solstice isn’t happening when the babies born so no” But I do think it’s lovely and has a good sound next to [name_f]Dita[/name_f]
Tellervo – I think it’s interesting but the sounds are harsh next to [name_f]Dita[/name_f] for me – I prefer Mielikki
Tempestas/[name_f]Tempest[/name_f] – [name_m]WAY[/name_m] prefer [name_f]Morgana[/name_f]. These names have the same feel to them to me so I would think if [name_f]Morgana[/name_f] feels odd, this would would as well (even though I think [name_f]Morgana[/name_f]'s the perfect name :P)

Second list. I won’t comment on these all as I don’t like and remember generally most of the reasons you two didn’t like them. These are the only ones I think need to be reconsidered. The rest make great middles.:

[name_f]Isis[/name_f] – strong and powerful, amazing goddess connections, really icy and fierce next to the soft warmth of [name_f]Dita[/name_f]. She’s always been one of my favorites
Ostara – I just love the way these two sound together. You’re having a Feb baby and Feb, bleeding into spring, is so Ostara. Also, [name_f]Star[/name_f]…
[name_f]Ursula[/name_f] – I suggested this one :stuck_out_tongue: I think she’s strong and powerful like [name_f]Isis[/name_f] but matching more in length to [name_f]Dita[/name_f]. She’s very watery, but cold too. Not quite winter, but not any season really. She’s such a fairy name to me. She’s in a cool time between seasons.

Third list:

Leucthea – I just find this one sort of awkward and strange next to [name_f]Dita[/name_f]. There are better [name_f]Thea[/name_f] names (Dexithea(mother of Euxanthios by Minos), Pasithea (goddess of rest and relaxation), Polymatheia (muse of knowledge))
[name_f]Morrigan[/name_f] – I like this one with [name_f]Dita[/name_f] an din general. She’s very strong and awesome, but dark. [name_m]Will[/name_m] her darkness bother you like [name_f]Morgana[/name_f] is right now?
Nedusia – It’s lovely, but sort of bland for some reason. Also, makes me think of Medusa.
Orseis – Meh. This does absolutely nothing for me. No imagery, and I don’t like the sounds let alone with [name_f]Dita[/name_f]. Sorry :frowning:
Venelia – I really like the connections here. You see [name_f]Dita[/name_f] as very oceany, and this is an oceany nymph. I love the sounds with [name_f]Dita[/name_f] and [name_f]Via[/name_f]/Venny is adorable
Zinelor – Weird and harsh to me. I’d prefer Aradia
Zohreh – I think the connection is nice, but I don’t like the sounds with [name_f]Dita[/name_f]. If we’re using a Z name, I really prefer [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f].

So there’s my thoughts on everything :stuck_out_tongue: Also, adorable children. I’ll be back with suggestions when [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] calms down. :slight_smile:

Names I like from your lists: [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] (although not sure about the HP connection), [name_f]Clemency[/name_f], [name_f]Cosima[/name_f]. [name_f]Nyx[/name_f], [name_f]Ondine[/name_f], [name_f]Alcyone[/name_f], [name_f]Atalanta[/name_f], Briseis, [name_f]Callisto[/name_f], [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f], [name_f]Isis[/name_f], [name_f]Melusine[/name_f]. Ostara, [name_f]Pandora[/name_f], [name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f], [name_f]Ursula[/name_f], Vespertine, [name_f]Morrigan[/name_f], Venelia, [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f], Sylvestra, [name_f]Morgana[/name_f], [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f]

And some new suggestions:

Caspienne - Similar to Hespera and Vespertine, starts with “[name_m]Cas[/name_m]” like [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] and Cassieardolla…but would probably rule out [name_m]Casimir[/name_m], unfortunately.
[name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] - Again, similar to the [name_m]Cas[/name_m]- names you like
[name_f]Melisande[/name_f] - Similar to [name_f]Melusine[/name_f]
[name_f]Amabel[/name_f] - A less common -bel name like [name_f]Jezebel[/name_f]
[name_f]Mehetabel[/name_f] - Ditto.
Thessalonike - Came across her recently and thought she seemed like something you would like since she’s a mermaid name
[name_f]Esperanza[/name_f] - Feels almost like a combination of [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] and [name_f]Jezabel[/name_f] to me…
[name_f]Crescentia[/name_f]
[name_f]Celestina[/name_f]
[name_f]Asteria[/name_f]
[name_f]Tanith[/name_f]
[name_f]Ambrosia[/name_f]
[name_f]Harmonia[/name_f]
[name_f]Musetta[/name_f]
[name_f]Nerissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Fantasia[/name_f]
Caritas

And that’s all I can think of at the moment! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] there are a couple you like on there.

[name_f]Eowyn[/name_f]! Great namesake, amazing sound, completely compatible with [name_f]Dita[/name_f], you get [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]… What’s not to love?! She gets my vote, by far, for the starring role of first name.

I second [name_f]Eowyn[/name_f]! She has such a sweet sound and endless adorable nickname possibilities. The literary connection is even better.

I always feel at a total loss when I look at your posts–it almost feels daunting for my more simplistic taste. :slight_smile: So I admire from a far. I just wanted to stop by to say I really love [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_f]Cosima[/name_f], and could totally see you with either! I feel like it’s more common than your usual taste, but they’re lovely anyhow. I keep thinking of [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Eva[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] or [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] [name_f]Eva[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] (och, I so love [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Eva[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]!), and that way you could use either [name_f]Evie[/name_f] OR Liss. I kind of don’t really see you going in that direction, but eh. Oh, well. I think they’re gorgeous. I like [name_f]Tempest[/name_f] because it reminds me of [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m]. I think [name_f]Tess[/name_f] would be a pretty fab nn for it, too.

And och, if your children look like the girls in those photos, they’ll be absolute dolls. (Can I just say I can see [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Eva[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] fitting all of those adorable beauties?)

Its been way too long since I’ve sunk my teeth into one of your enchanting lists! I’ve been somewhat absent from NB for a while so I’m sad to see [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] is no longer really up for grabs, but you have some beautiful new gems here :slight_smile:

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] - Very beautiful and one of my own favourites, but I think this is a little bit too mainstream for you. A middle name, perhaps?
[name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] - Gorgeous. Bonus points for adorable nicknames [name_f]Bella[/name_f] and [name_f]Trixie[/name_f], and of course, the cool HP connection.
[name_f]Clemency[/name_f] - I quite like the simplicity of this but its a little but lispy to my ears. It doesn’t wow me like [name_f]Aphrodite[/name_f] does.
[name_f]Cosima[/name_f]* - Very beautiful.
Éowyn - Not a fan, far too similar to the uber popular male [name_u]Owen[/name_u]/[name_m]Eoin[/name_m]. An uneducated eye would assume you had gone done the trendy boys-name-on-a-girl route.
Heleyne - My favourite for you.
Libertas - I don’t like this, it doesn’t feel very name-ish to me.
Nyneve - You’ll run into spelling/pronunciation issues with this. If that isn’t an issue, its a beautiful sound.
[name_f]Nyx[/name_f] - A spell in HP and also a make up brand in the US. I can’t take this seriously as a name, because its what [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] called her undergarments until she was about 3. Too insubstantial for my liking.
[name_f]Ondine[/name_f] - A bit bland, not very exciting or feminine.
Rossetti - Would get confused for [name_f]Rosetta[/name_f]. Also looks to surnamey for my liking.
[name_f]Soraya[/name_f] – Very whimsical, I love the sound. Not totally in love with the spelling but I can’t come up with an alternative that doesn’t look trendy.
Tellervo - I’m meh on this one. I like the rhythm of the name but it just doesn’t look very namey to me. If I saw it written down I wouldn’t guess it was the name of a little girl.
Tempestas/[name_f]Tempest[/name_f] - I don’t like this at all, I’m afraid!

Names we have considered before but somehow didn’t make it:
[name_f]Alcyone[/name_f]/[name_f]Halcyone[/name_f] - The first time I saw this name I thought “cyclone”. Now I cannot unsee cyclone, so this one is a no from me. Sorry.
[name_f]Atalanta[/name_f] - Very lovely.
Briseis - This is okay, a little choppy and harsh, but not the worst. There are far nicer names on your list.
[name_f]Callisto[/name_f] - I would much rather [name_f]Callista[/name_f]. [name_f]Callisto[/name_f] does nothing for me.
[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] - Very nice though a tad middle aged. I think of the Seer from HP.
Hippolyta/Ippolita - The first four letters spell HIPPO. Automatic veto from me, way too much teasing potential.
[name_f]Hypatia[/name_f] - It looks a little bit clinical to me, like a part of the periodic table or something. Its okay, but I don’t love it.
[name_f]Isis[/name_f] - [name_f]Love[/name_f], love, love!
[name_f]Melusine[/name_f] - Musical, rhythmic, magical, whimsical…I really like this for you.
Ostara - Very pretty, though not in love with the strong “O” at the start.
[name_f]Pandora[/name_f] - My very favourite for you.
Polyhymnia - I don’t like the look of this written down at all, it looks choppy. [name_f]Love[/name_f] the sound, though.
[name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f] - Okay. A little bit common. Too mainstream for you, I think.
[name_f]Ursula[/name_f] - Not an attractive name, imo. Too harsh.
Vespertine - This is okay.

Names we haven’t (seriously) considered before:
Leucthea - I don’t like the look of this aesthetically. Sorry, I’m just very into how a name looks written down and this just isn’t pleasing to the eye.
[name_f]Morrigan[/name_f] - This is nice, though a bit surnamey. I’ve also only ever seen it spelled Morrighan, so not entirely sure on you spelling.
Nedusia - Not liking this one, I’m afraid.
Orseis - Very gutteral to my ears, not liking this one.
Venelia - I saw vanilla when I first read it. I now cannot unsee Vanilla, so another one nixed from me. Sorry :frowning:
Zinelor - I don’t like this one either! :frowning:
Zohreh - Very lovely. I prefer the spelling [name_f]Zorah[/name_f], but I think that is an Arabic name.

So in all, my favourites are [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f], Heleyne, [name_f]Atalanta[/name_f], [name_f]Isis[/name_f], [name_f]Melusine[/name_f], [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] and Morrighan.

Some new lovelies for you to consider:

[name_f]Starla[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivana[/name_f]
[name_f]Ariadne[/name_f]
[name_f]Marina[/name_f]
[name_f]Selah[/name_f]
Annevieve
[name_f]Soleil[/name_f]
[name_f]Astraea[/name_f]
Madelief
Perlin
[name_f]Lavinia[/name_f]
[name_f]Peridot[/name_f]
Elsinore
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
Solemnia
Betony
Avina
[name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophronia[/name_f]
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]

My favourites are: [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Cosima[/name_f], Nyneve, [name_f]Callisto[/name_f], Ostara, [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] and [name_f]Jezebel[/name_f]. [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] and [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] by far my favourites they feel so magical and beautiful.

The only suggestion I could think of that fits your style is Callidora (similar to Cassieardolla) meaning gift of beauty in greek, and has the nn [name_f]Dora[/name_f]?

OK before I tackle the new list, I simply must ask: why is [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] not here? I haven’t been able to keep up on so many of your posts, but you love her so much, and have for such a long time…is there a reason she’s not up for first name consideration?

Another thing I’m wondering, is what kind of “feel” are you going for this time? I noticed several ocean themes in your descriptions, so I’m wondering if you’re considering blue-green ocean names again (which reminds me, what about [name_f]Nerissa[/name_f]?), or if you’re still on ice and snow, or if you’re looking for golden names (like [name_f]Aurora[/name_f])…or do you know? Are you trying for sets of several different themes?

Is everything all wrong because you don’t have wolf names?

One last thing…if [name_f]Eowyn[/name_f] is the most epic literary heroine ever…why is she not already on your list of finals? What’s holding you back?

[name_f]EDIT[/name_f]: Okay, I thought of another last thing: [name_f]Valentina[/name_f], or a variation on it? [name_f]Bunny[/name_f] is expected so close to [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]'s day…

EDIT THE SECOND: Really, this is the last thing. I think. Casiphia? It was in a recent blog, it’s a Biblical place name, maybe not the history you’re looking for, but it’s ever so pretty…

I so, so badly want this to be a real name so I can like it too. Is it just [name_m]French[/name_m] for [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] though? :confused:

Favorites are [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], [name_f]Tempest[/name_f] and [name_f]Eowyn[/name_f].

I’ll start with the Greek and [name_m]Roman[/name_m] ones, because I’m most familiar here:

[name_f]Hestia[/name_f]
[name_f]Thalassa[/name_f] – love the sea connection here – [name_f]Spirit[/name_f] of the sea and consort of Pontos.
Eurybia – again, a sea connection – [name_m]Titan[/name_m] of the mastery of the seas and consort of Krios.
Tethys – Wife of [name_m]Oceanus[/name_m], and the mother of the rivers, springs, streams, fountains, and clouds.
Ekecheiria – eh-kee-keer-ee-ah – spirit of truce, armistice, and the cessation of all hostilities; honoured at the Olympic Games – I love the way this name sounds when you say it
Eupraxia – spirit of well-being
Euthenia – spirit of prosperity, abundance, and plenty
Sophrosyne – spirit of moderation, self-control, temperance, restraint, and discretion – [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]
Hecate/Hekate – goddess of magic, witchcraft, the night, moon, ghosts, and necromancy – I like the dark next to [name_f]Dita[/name_f]'s light
[name_f]Macaria[/name_f] --daughter of Hades and goddess of blessed death. There is another [name_f]Macaria[/name_f] who’s the daughter of [name_m]Heracles[/name_m]
Pandia – daughter of [name_f]Selene[/name_f] and [name_m]Zeus[/name_m]
Hemera – primeval goddess of daylight and the sun
[name_f]Cybele[/name_f] – a Phrygian mountain goddess associated with [name_f]Rhea[/name_f]
[name_u]Calypso[/name_u] – >.>
Adrasteia – nursemaid of [name_m]Zeus[/name_m]
Cleodora – one of the Oceanids – I know you don’t generally like -dora endings but it combines [name_f]Cleopatra[/name_f] and [name_f]Pandora[/name_f]
Camarina – another Oceanid
Bellona – [name_m]Roman[/name_m] goddess of war
[name_f]Minerva[/name_f] – [name_m]Roman[/name_m] version of [name_f]Athena[/name_f]

Others:

Ēostre – Norse goddess of spring
[name_f]Inanna[/name_f] – Summerian goddess of love, fertility, and war
[name_f]Faustine[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleopatra[/name_f] – >.>
Gloriana
[name_f]Indira[/name_f] – as in Gandhi
Daedalean – it’s a word that mean complex that I just found yesterday. Relates to [name_m]Daedalus[/name_m] the builder of the Labyrinth and when spelled Daedalion it was the father of Chione. day-dal-lee-uhn (dal like pal)
Sagittaria – the plant and is the real name of the [name_f]Katniss[/name_f] plant
[name_f]Leontine[/name_f]

Names specifically fitting those nicknames:

[name_f]Doveva[/name_f] – talker – [name_f]Evie[/name_f]
[name_f]Evadne[/name_f] – good fortune – [name_f]Evie[/name_f]
[name_f]Evanthe[/name_f] – good flower – [name_f]Evie[/name_f]
Evarista – excellent one – [name_f]Evie[/name_f]
Evodia – she who wishes others a good trip – [name_f]Evie[/name_f]
Melpomene – [name_m]Pom[/name_m]
Pomposa – [name_m]Pom[/name_m]
Pomeline – Pom
[name_f]Apollonia[/name_f] – strength, to destroy – [name_f]Polly[/name_f]
Leopoldine – of bold people – [name_f]Polly[/name_f]
Polimnia – many hymns – [name_f]Polly[/name_f]
[name_f]Isidora[/name_f] – gift of [name_f]Isis[/name_f] – you could get [name_f]Isis[/name_f] and if you spell it [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] you can get [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] (or, from the general sound of the name, you can get [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] anyway)
[name_f]Sadira[/name_f] – lotus tree – [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]
[name_f]Sadiya[/name_f] – lucky – [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]
Messalina – she who has an insatiable appetite – [name_f]Sally[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalba[/name_f] – White rose – [name_f]Sally[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosaline[/name_f] – [name_f]Sally[/name_f] (or are [name_f]Rose[/name_f] names off limits because I know you didn’t really like [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f])
[name_f]Salina[/name_f] – moon – [name_f]Sally[/name_f]
Salmali – cotton tree – [name_f]Sally[/name_f] and [name_f]Molly[/name_f] >.>
[name_f]Winola[/name_f] – charming friend – [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]
Eirwen – blessed snow – [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] – elm – [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]
Glenwen – clean and white-- [name_u]Glen[/name_u] and [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] – white circle – [name_f]Gwen[/name_f], [name_f]Winnie[/name_f], [name_f]Wendy[/name_f]
Gwenllian – [name_f]Gwen[/name_f], [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] >.>
[name_f]Zuwena[/name_f] – good – [name_f]Winnie[/name_f], [name_f]Zuzu[/name_f], [name_f]Zuzie[/name_f]
Lusela – bear swinging it’s foot while licking it – Lussi
[name_f]Melusine[/name_f] – Lussi
Calistena – beautiful strength – Liss
[name_f]Callista[/name_f]/o – Liss
[name_f]Talisa[/name_f] – forest – Liss
Beliarosa – beauitful rose – [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]
Eufrosia – joyful thought – [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]
Eurosia – eloquent – [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]
Proserpina – [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]
Roselani – heavenly rose – [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]

I’ll stop now :stuck_out_tongue:

My current favorites of this list are [name_f]Clemency[/name_f], Heleyne, and [name_f]Cosima[/name_f]… which makes me miss [name_m]Blade[/name_m] :frowning:
From your photos I get [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] all the way. [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]! Fiery, old and deep with a great literary namesake. [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] wakes up every morning looking incredibly foxy - not a name that tries too hard but I think she could easily stand up to [name_f]Aphrodite[/name_f]. Nicknames abound. I secretly like [name_f]Fanny[/name_f], which is totally unusable here in the US.
Seconding [name_u]Angel[/name_u]'s suggestions of [name_f]Hestia[/name_f] and [name_f]Faustine[/name_f]. This baby’s going to be fiery.
And randomly, Zuleikha. “zoo-[name_m]LAY[/name_m]-keh.” [name_m]Just[/name_m] found her in Rumi, thought you might like. [name_f]Zuzu[/name_f], obviously.
Take this all with a pinch of salt - I’ve been studying chemistry for like 8 hours straight so brain’s fried. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] you’re doing well and keeping the dizzy spells at bay! xo

I’ve been pondering your thread and as I’m awake late with a sniffly baby, I have some more suggestions, if you’d like them :slight_smile:

[name_f]Florentina[/name_f]
[name_f]Andromeda[/name_f]
[name_f]Mildred[/name_f]
[name_f]Xanthia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilla[/name_f]
Novana
[name_f]Melisande[/name_f]
[name_f]Symphony[/name_f]
[name_f]Astoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Corisande[/name_f]
[name_f]Federica[/name_f]
Euchaira (you-care-ee-ah)
[name_f]Thora[/name_f]
[name_f]Amira[/name_f]
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f]
[name_f]Priya[/name_f]
[name_f]Desdemona[/name_f]
[name_f]Saskia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ethel[/name_f]
[name_f]Vada[/name_f]
[name_f]Bijou[/name_f]
[name_f]Alba[/name_f]

[name_m]Don[/name_m]'t know if anyone replied to this yet, but Caspienne is simply the [name_m]French[/name_m] word for the [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] Sea… mer Caspienne. So, just like we use [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], why not Caspienne, only for girls? Kind of like [name_f]Oceana[/name_f] or [name_u]River[/name_u].

My favorites (is this for a first name, middle name, or both?)/standouts,

Group 1:

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] - [name_f]Love[/name_f] love love!!! One of my absolute favorite names! I would only use it as a middle name though, because of popularity. Popularity-wise, [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] doesn’t really fit in with your other first names, imo. I think it would fit best in the middle.
[name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] - It’s very [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]-ish (not that that’s a bad thing!), but I think it’s still usable. It’s very beautiful and striking! I love the nicknames [name_f]Trixie[/name_f] and [name_f]Belle[/name_f].
[name_f]Ondine[/name_f] - Beautiful! But it feels like a middle name. Same with [name_f]Eowyn[/name_f] and Heleyne.
[name_f]Nyx[/name_f] - I love the meaning, but the name itself is very abrupt in my opinion… I can’t decide how I feel about it.

Group 2:

So sad to see [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] go!

Three names really stood out to me on your lists (skipping the second list, I love several of those but I’ve told you that before)
[name_f]Cosima[/name_f]- gorgeous! [name_f]Love[/name_f] her with [name_f]Dita[/name_f], definitely feels like an [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] daughter name.
[name_f]Eowyn[/name_f]- beautiful and stands up great with [name_f]Dita[/name_f]'s name. She’s very different from [name_f]Dita[/name_f], origin and sound wise. A very unexpected, swoon-worthy sibset.
[name_f]Ondine[/name_f]- Not sure why but she stood out the most to me on your list. The more I think about it though the more I think she would make a better middle for you.
A few more comments on other names
[name_f]Morrigan[/name_f]- Pretty, but she would rule out [name_f]Morgana[/name_f], and while [name_f]Morgana[/name_f] may not be right for this baby I imagine at some point you will get your [name_f]Morgana[/name_f]
[name_f]Clemency[/name_f]- Better as a middle name due to the fact she’s also a word. She just doesn’t stand up to [name_f]Dita[/name_f].

I think these names are good and you should consider adding them to your list as first name possibilities…

[name_f]Alcyone[/name_f]
[name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Callisto[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmerelda[/name_f]
[name_f]Jezebel[/name_f]
Medusa
[name_f]Pandora[/name_f]
[name_f]Soraya[/name_f]
[name_f]Ursula[/name_f]

I think these names are good, but are better suited to middles…

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
Briseis
[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Clemency[/name_f]
[name_f]Cosima[/name_f]
[name_f]Eowyn[/name_f]
Heleyne
[name_f]Hypatia[/name_f]
[name_f]Isis[/name_f]
Nedusia
[name_f]Ondine[/name_f]
Orseis
Ostara
Polyhymnia
Venelia
Vespertine
Zohreh

I think you should nix these names entirely…

Cassieardolla
Hippolyta (not sure about ‘hippo’)
Leucthea
Libertas
[name_f]Morrigan[/name_f]
Nyneve
[name_f]Nyx[/name_f]
Rossetti
Tellervo
Tempestas
Zinelor

I like for you for First Names (or middles):

Éowyn
[name_f]Nyx[/name_f]
[name_f]Tempest[/name_f]
[name_f]Pandora[/name_f]
[name_f]Ursula[/name_f]

Middles only:

[name_f]Alcyone[/name_f]
Briseis
Ostara
Polyhymnia
Vespertine
[name_f]Morrigan[/name_f]
Zinelor - this name is soooo cool

Cassieardolla is the porn star [name_f]Cytherea[/name_f]'s given first name. Ahhh, the name research that I do (for the record she has two sons names [name_u]Trystyn[/name_u] and Leonitas)

And of course I have to suggest Zosteria and Eleutheria if you are going down the epithet road (I think you said before hubby thinks it is too pretentious?)