šŸ—” A Nod To Ataraxia

Iā€™m looking for a name to honor my favorite book character!

Iā€™m not sure if any of you have read the ACOTAR series before, but it is my absolute favorite, and helped me immensely through hard times, therefore it will forever hold a special place in my heart. In the most recent book, the main character (who happens to also be my favorite book character) gets a sword and names it Ataraxia. The name of the sword is said to mean ā€œinner peaceā€ and is from an old language that hadnā€™t been spoken in several millennium. I love the idea that though she has a sword that could bring violence and chaos, she chooses to use it for good, bringing inner peace to herself and the world. I think it symbolizes how someone can be strong and still be soft, qualities I think people often forget can both be held by one person.

I would love to use a name with similar meaning to Ataraxia to honor both the book and character as they are a huge part of me, however, I donā€™t like the sound of Ataraxia. So, I was wondering if you guys knew of any names that mean inner peace along with names that mean sword? Iā€™d love to put together a combo meaning something along the lines of ā€œa sword that brings peaceā€, but of course Iā€™m open to anything similar to the meaning inner peace in general!

Any suggestions are appreciated, and thank you in advance :two_hearts:

1 Like

[name_u]Axton[/name_u]: sword stone
[name_m]Quillon[/name_m] (KILL-on): crossing swords; strong
[name_f]Gladiola[/name_f]: little sword (and the sound is soft)
[name_f]Serenity[/name_f]: peaceful
[name_u]Seren[/name_u] can mean serene, star, or sail mast

Could combine a first and middle to achieve both meanings.

1 Like

[name_m]Balin[/name_m] [name_u]Peace[/name_u]
[name_f]Katana[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u]
[name_f]Enna[/name_f] [name_u]Irie[/name_u]
[name_f]Brenley[/name_f] [name_u]Pax[/name_u]
[name_u]Ezri[/name_u] [name_f]Mathilde[/name_f]
[name_f]Xia[/name_f] [name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Minerva[/name_f] [name_u]Amani[/name_u]
[name_f]Amity[/name_f] [name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Atara[/name_f] [name_f]Salome[/name_f]
[name_u]Averil[/name_u] Aquene
[name_u]Axelle[/name_u] [name_f]Ilaria[/name_f]
Zeva [name_f]Alanna[/name_f]
[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] Amura

1 Like

Hey! So all of this are from Nameberryā€™s lists and from others I found on Google so you may already have seen these suggestions too. But hoping these help. :blush:

[name_m]Boy[/name_m] Names relating to Swords

• [name_u]Axton[/name_u], [name_m]Saber[/name_m], [name_u]Zain[/name_u], [name_m]Egon[/name_m] (sword)
  • [name_m]Ansgar[/name_m], [name_m]Garrett[/name_m], [name_m]Cyran[/name_m] (spear)
  • [name_m]Percival[/name_m] (to pierce the valley)
  • [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] (special mention, as [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] relates to the literary wielder of [name_m]Excalibur[/name_m])

[name_m]Boy[/name_m] Names relating to [name_u]Peace[/name_u]

• [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], [name_m]Dragomir[/name_m], Pax/Paxton, [name_u]Axel[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Callum[/name_u], [name_u]Jonah[/name_u], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] (symbols of peace - dove/olive branch)
  • [name_m]Casimir[/name_m] (some sources say it means ā€˜bringer of peaceā€™ rather than ā€˜destroyer of peaceā€™)

Combo Suggestions:

• [name_m]Casimir[/name_m] [name_u]Axton[/name_u] - sword stone that brings peace
  • [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] [name_u]Zain[/name_u] - sword of peace
  • [name_m]Dragomir[/name_m] [name_m]Saber[/name_m] - sword of precious peace
  • [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Egon[/name_m] - peaceful ruler, strong with a sword
  • [name_m]Percival[/name_m] [name_u]Axel[/name_u]

[name_f]Girl[/name_f] names relating to Swords

• [name_f]Acantha[/name_f] (thorn, spine, any pointed projection)
  • [name_f]Gertrude[/name_f] (spear)
  • [name_f]Pallas[/name_f] (*some sources say this means ā€˜to brandish a weaponā€™)
  • [name_f]Athena[/name_f] (special mention as [name_f]Athena[/name_f] is usually depicted wielding either a sword or a spear and a shield)
  • [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] ([name_m]Roman[/name_m] equivalent of [name_f]Athena[/name_f])

[name_f]Girl[/name_f] names relating to [name_u]Peace[/name_u]

• [name_f]Serena[/name_f], [name_f]Concordia[/name_f], [name_f]Arcadia[/name_f], Irina/Irene
  • [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u], [name_f]Frida[/name_f], [name_f]Fenna[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_u]Dove[/name_u]

Combo Suggestions:

• [name_f]Gertrude[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f] - spear of peace
  • [name_f]Acantha[/name_f] [name_f]Serene[/name_f] - thorn of peace
  • [name_f]Irina[/name_f] [name_f]Pallas[/name_f] - to brandish peace
  • [name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u]
5 Likes

I think [name_f]Tara[/name_f] would be a way to use the name

2 Likes

[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] Agnar
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] Amund
[name_u]Miran[/name_u] [name_m]Elmar[/name_m]
[name_f]Salome[/name_f] [name_u]Fen[/name_u]
[name_u]Paxton[/name_u] Ove
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m] [name_m]Rembrandt[/name_m]
[name_f]Freda[/name_f] [name_f]Agi[/name_f]
[name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_f]Brenna[/name_f]
[name_f]Irene[/name_f] [name_f]Edith[/name_f]

1 Like

This was fun for me to see as Ataraxia is the name of one of my favorite musical groups!

I love the idea of [name_m]Casimir[/name_m] for you since it combines two elements, one (ā€œkazitiā€) related to destruction and the other (ā€œmiruā€) related to peace.

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite sword-related name is Zulfikar and my favorite peace-related name is [name_f]Sulamith[/name_f].

(I used [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] as a sword name because of the legend of [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] and [name_m]Excalibur[/name_m]. Some of the names mean ā€œspearā€ instead of sword.)

[name_u]Arthur[/name_u] [name_u]Pax[/name_u]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Saif[/name_m]
[name_m]Roger[/name_m] [name_m]Absalom[/name_m]
[name_f]Salome[/name_f] [name_f]Gertrudis[/name_f]
[name_f]Irene[/name_f] BĆ©rengĆØre

[name_f]Frida[/name_f], [name_m]Miro[/name_m], [name_f]Mira[/name_f], [name_f]Pacifica[/name_f], [name_u]Paz[/name_u], [name_u]Salem[/name_u], [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], and [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] also have peace-related meanings.

1 Like

[name_f]Saskia[/name_f] means ā€œknifeā€ and has a similar sound and energy, but toned down a little! Loooove [name_f]Saskia[/name_f] :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Girls names:
[name_m]Heddwyn[/name_m]- blessed/fair peace
Mirna-peace
Noxolo-peace
[name_f]Sakina[/name_f]- calmness/peace
[name_f]Shanti[/name_f]- quiet/peace
[name_f]Winifred[/name_f]- friend of peace
[name_u]Xolani[/name_u]- peace

Boys names:
Humphrey/Godfrey/manfred/Frederick etc. pretty much any Germanic names containing ā€˜freā€™ means peace (Wilfred means desiring peace)
Junpei- pure peace
[name_f]Kazuko[/name_f]- peace child
[name_m]Kota[/name_m]- great peace
Pace-peace
Pax-peace
Tauno- peaceful/modest

1 Like

Eise [name_m]Frederik[/name_m] ā€˜peaceful, mighty swordā€™
[name_f]Irene[/name_f] Jƶrdis ā€˜goddess of peace and swordā€™

1 Like