A Pig Named Link

When I posted that I would like to see a section for pet names, I sort of mentioned something about a runty pig named [name]Link[/name]. Now that my wish has been granted, I thought I would make good on the promise to expand on what I was talking about that day.

When my ex and I first got together, we lived out in the country with his grandfather for a while. The first night we moved there, some of my ex’s cousins had a newly born pig they were bottle feeding because he was, well, the runt, and could not get any milk. I walked in the door, took one look at him, and said, “Hey, he’s just the right size for a sausage link.” The girls laughed and told me I was mean for saying that, but the name stuck anyways. [name]Link[/name] followed me around like I was his mother until he was too big to stay in the trailer with us.

[name]Just[/name] thought I’d share. [name]Feel[/name] free to comment.

Ahhh, I’ve always wanted one of those tiny miniature pigs but they’re way too expensive, my boyfriend just rescued a baby squirrel this morning we named him [name]Whitman[/name] :slight_smile:

This one wasn’t meant to be a miniature pig. My ex’s family raised hogs for eating. [name]Link[/name] didn’t need to know that, though. One of my cats brought in a live squirrel not that long ago, but my mom wouldn’t let us keep it :cry: . At one point I was feeding a pidgeon with a broken wing that I named [name]Nemo[/name]. I wanted to name him Wiskas or Meow Mix, especially after he really was rescued from one of the neighborhood cats, but nobody seemed to like that idea…