A potential brother for George

Decided on the top boy name being [name_m]George[/name_m] [name_u]Evan[/name_u] and took us months and months to get there and am now completely in love with it…

For a hypothetical brother or twin…

[name_u]Charlie[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_u]Freddie[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m]

WDYT?

I worry [name_m]George[/name_m] and [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] together sounds too much like the royal family but I love the name [name_u]Charlie[/name_u]! [name_u]James[/name_u] is also my nephew’s MN named after our dearly departed granddad (would it matter if the cousins had the same MN?) [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m] is definitely too royal family ish! I don’t like [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] and [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] or [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] together and don’t like [name_m]William[/name_m] as a first name because I don’t like any of the potential nicknames. I think I could learn to love [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] and I like it a lot but then [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] twins… any other thoughts?

[name_m]George[/name_m] [name_u]Evan[/name_u] is great!!

From your options, I think [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] is great! I wouldn’t have made any royal connection. I don’'t believe [name_m]Charles[/name_m] ever gets called [name_u]Charlie[/name_u]. I also wouldn’t worry about cousins having the same mn - especially since its a family name
I did think of [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] when I saw [name_u]Freddie[/name_u], but so long as they weren’t actually twins, I think it would be fine.

Some other names:

[name_u]Alfie[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_m]Archie[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_u]Noah[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_u]Charlie[/name_u]/[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_m]Tommy[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]/[name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_u]Dylan[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]

[name_m]Charles[/name_m] and [name_m]George[/name_m] may feel a little like a royal family reference, but [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] and [name_m]George[/name_m] doesn’t at all. [name_m]Fred[/name_m] and [name_m]George[/name_m] definitely feels [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] to me, but I’m currently reading the books with my kids.

But does that really matter? The thing is, these are all classic names. I’m sure there a plenty of families that have a [name_m]Fred[/name_m] and a [name_m]George[/name_m] or a [name_m]Charles[/name_m] and a [name_m]George[/name_m]. There are families with a [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and a [name_m]William[/name_m] or a [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and a [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] or a [name_m]Harry[/name_m] and a [name_u]James[/name_u]. These are common timeless names and don’t need to be tied to one particular reference.

I think if you love [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] or [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] the most, just go for it.

Other ideas:
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Walter[/name_m] or [name_m]Walt[/name_m]
[name_u]Ray[/name_u]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] or [name_u]Theo[/name_u]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_m]Alfred[/name_m]
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
[name_m]Alby[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] or [name_m]Leon[/name_m] or [name_u]Lionel[/name_u]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]