A question

I just need to work out whether my book is a bit similar to the books by Cassandra Claire, and just generally if you would read it:
Its about a girl. A predecessor of hers had monster (bear in mind that in my world not all monsters are bad, and that there are different extremities of monsters, and that they are very widely categorized as monsters) blood, and due to this she has some (albeit weak) powers. She is one of a group called the sun warriors, and they fight monsters, and unsurprisingly having monster blood, however watered down by generations it may be, is frowned upon. Oh yeah, and she also may or may not like this boy, and after an incident many years ago, she promised herself she would never fall in love, because she saw first hand how bad the consequences can be if the part-monster gets out of control not to mention its probably a little illegal, if not highly discouraged. At the same time, weird things have been happening all over the city, there’s an abundance of monsters, and they don’t know where they’re coming from, but they keep turning up with people meant to be dead, or people who would never do such a thing. And for some reason, the signs all point to her dead sister. Also the government of her people want to take her way in case she is too powerful, even though she is probably their best chance of beating whoever is sending the monsters.
So the book is basically her and her slightly odd friends try and find out what is up with the extra monsters, figure out why dead people are popping up everywhere, where her dead sister ties into this, prove that she’s not too dangerous to stay with her ‘family’ (her real family is dead and she lives with her godmother), and for goodness sake she has to try not to like the boy.
So yeah that’s it, I’d just like some opinions.

It doesn’t sound very similar, except both are urban fantasy, and I would like to read it!

1 Like

It reminds me a little bit of This Savage Song by V. E. Schwab. Pretty cool series. To be honest though, many books have a similar plot and that’s why people go looking for them when they finish one book they really like.
Sounds like an interesting story. Good luck!

1 Like