A Rant About School

Just trying to grasp my feelings about this school year.

I’ve been having a pretty bad time at school with headaches and staying focused, and I feel like I’m failing, even though I’m not. I have a pretty hard time with negativity in the fall in general, and this is a new school that I don’t feel good enough for. I’ve been trying to get into this school since I was three, and now that I’m here, I feel below par.

I’m burning out, even though I’m doing fine in class itself. I’m worrying about next year, and the year after that, and the year after that. I can’t imagine being good enough to go here for so many years without being overwhelmed.

Positivity would definitely help, but it’s hard to stay positive when I’m having horrible headaches and my anxiety and hypochondria is constantly acting up. Ugh, this year is just not my year.

2 Likes

I felt this too. I entered one of the good schools with an exam, but… I just felt like everyone else is better than me and I don’t deserve being there. I quit the school and started homeschooling so not a problem anymore.

Just try not feeling anxious. I know, that sounds impossible. [name_m]Say[/name_m] yourself positive things even though you don’t believe in them. You are good enough! If you can’t handle them, nobody can. Because, actually everyone thinks everybody else is better than them. No one is so confident about themselves, even if they say so. All students are humans, they’re not different than you.

Wish you luck :heart:

1 Like

Thank you <3 You, too!

1 Like

Thinking of you @nvrsobr! [name_f]Remember[/name_f], just one day at a time! Give yourself breaks so you don’t get as overwhelmed! Sending love :two_hearts:

1 Like

One of the things that I’ve found most useful when I’m overwhelmed about school is that it isn’t grades or the other students that matter, it’s your own personal learning. As long as you come out of this school knowing more than you did before, you’ll have been successful. Take heart, love. :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Thank you, @jonquils. I really appreciate your advice.

1 Like

I moved to [name_f]India[/name_f]. The US and here have totally different school systems.You can get 5 tests a week. And there’s something called a topper, the person who gets the highest grade in class. They post grades in the streams of google classroom. Everyone can see everyone’s grades. It makes no sense!

You’re not alone. But you’ll get through it! Only worry about tomorrow, nothing else. You will burn out and melt if u keep stressing urself out. I say go on a walk if u can or just sit in ur room next to a window, take a piece of paper, put in headphones, write down ur feelings, and listen to ur favorite joyful music. It makes me happy!

Love you [name_u]Blue[/name_u]!

1 Like

Thank you : )