๐Ÿš My Names Not Yet Found on NB

This is just for reference.

I have found several of the names I have used in my UC and on posts are not yet in the NB database. As I realize that the number of names that have been requested to be put in can be overwhelming, I have decided to make this post so people can find out what some of my names are until they are added into the database. It puts all of my names in one place for others to see as I know finding them was a stroke of luck on some of them for me. I will remove the names on here after theyโ€™ve been added to the NB database as I donโ€™t find the need to have the info on here anymore at that point.

UNISEX

• Ardy - (Latin) great forest; Iโ€™d use it more for a nickname or middle name, but it has been listed as a boy or girl name primarily used for boys
  • Jaladhi - (Sanskrit; Indian; Hindu) of the ocean; sea
  • Seafarer - (English) explorer of the sea
  • Teak - (nature name; Korean) type of tree that is strong and durable (often used when water will be a factor); Iโ€™d use this more as a nickname or middle name than a first name
  • Yousuke - (Japanese) meditate like the ocean; more often used for boys, it is listed as a girl or boy name on Japanese baby name websites

GIRLS

• Aase - (Norse) tree covered mountain
  • Alaula - (Hawaiian) light of early dawn; sunset glow; light of dawn
  • Dysis - (Greek) sunset; name of one of the 12 Horae
  • Gaura - (nature name) a flower name which is also known as Whirling Butterflies;
    pronounced GAU-rah; see What names have we missed? for more info
  • Mazu - (Chinese) goddess of the sea
  • Rosewood - (nature name) type of tree
  • Saila - (Arabic) sun; variation of [name_m]Samson[/name_m]
  • Maristella - (Italian or Spanish) star of the sea; variation of [name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Maris[/name_f] & [name_f]Maristela[/name_f]
  • [name_m]Zale[/name_m] - (Greek) strength of the sea; bold; also a girlsโ€™ name though less commonly so
  • Zamilla - (Greek; Old Greek) having the strength of the sea

BOYS

• Aukai - (Hawaiian) explorer of the sea; seafarer
  • Bahari - (Swahili) ocean
  • Inapo - (Chamoru) of the waves
  • Jaladri - (Sudanese) ocean
  • Mycroft - (English) by the stream, small field
  • Nadish - of the sea; ocean
  • Nahele - forest; grove of trees
  • [name_f]Nami[/name_f] - I have found this listed as a male name as well as a female name
  • Oake - (nature name) type of tree; variation of [name_u]Oak[/name_u]
  • Rinji - (Japanese) of the peaceful forest
  • Rufio - (Spanish; Latin) red haired; form of [name_m]Rufus[/name_m]; variation of [name_m]Rupheo[/name_m]
  • Seabert - (English) shining sea
  • Sewall - (English) powerful sea; sea wall; spelling variation of [name_m]Sewell[/name_m]
  • Tahi - (Polynesian) one who lives by the sea
  • Taranga - (Indian, Hindu) wave; of the waves
22 Likes