a rose by any other name? Daphne Jemima Rose

One week late, our baby finally arrived, a beautiful girl. Berries have been very patiently helping me through 9 months of indecision over [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] what middles go with [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and endless red herrings all leading back to [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] over and over again.
So imagine our surprise when we met our little girl who was not only not a [name_f]Rose[/name_f] she was 100% a [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]. Which wasn’t even on the shortlist.
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Jemima[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] born 18th [name_u]November[/name_u] weighed 8lbs 1oz. Siblings [name_m]Soren[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] Freesman and twins [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] Galleher.
The new baby was referred to as “the Duck” by her big brother all the way through pregnancy and we live on a duck farm so we have gone the whole duck with [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] “[name_u]Daffy[/name_u]” [name_f]Jemima[/name_f] “Puddleduck” but also together the names imply the triumph of peace, much-needed in our world today and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] because she is a [name_f]Rose[/name_f] by another name.
Thank you berries! You know who you are @opheliaflora and @bellerose in particular!

Aww congratulations!! Your children are beautifully named. [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Jemima[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] such an unexpected combo, and I love the peaceful imagery.

Congratulations, what a gorgeous name! I was rooting for [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] _ but [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] really is just as sweet and [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Jemima[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is simply darling :slight_smile:
(A while back I’ve read a book with sisters [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] and [name_f]Flavia[/name_f] and I’ve come to appreciate all three names even more than I did before)

Great choice! Congratulations, @hannahloulou! I’ve been reading your posts and am so happy for you!

Congrats! What a lovely set of names your kiddos have!

Congratulations! Such a lovely name, I love it. [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]'s siblings have fabulous names too. :slight_smile:

Congratulations! I absolutely adore [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], her whole name is fabulous! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Jemima[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is perfection…congratulations! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Jemima[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is lovely. Congrats!

congratulations, a lovely choice!

Congratulations!