A Rose by any other name...

I love the name [name]Rose[/name] and am so sad that it is becoming such a filler middle name.

My daughter (once conceived) will be named [name]Elodie[/name]-[name]Rose[/name] [name]Mercy[/name]. We (my husband and I) have both firmly decided that we will be calling her by her full name, [name]Rose[/name] included. This has been a name I have had close to my heart since I was young, like most all my names have. So now that [name]Rose[/name] is the new [name]Ann[/name] and [name]Grace[/name] I am hoping to give it a new edge. I’m looking for a name that includes [name]Rose[/name] I.E [name]Rosalie[/name], [name]Rosalinde[/name], ect. to put on her birth certificate. All of our names are versatile in that when they are younger the nn or shortened verison is sweet and young (My eldest is [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Capri[/name] nn [name]Gwenna[/name]) but the full name is sophisticated and profesional. I want to carry on this tradition for [name]Elodie[/name], we will of course still call her [name]Elodie[/name]-[name]Rose[/name] when she’s a little girl and she may choose to carry this on into adulthood, but I want her to have the option. My full name is [name]Gabrielle[/name] and my nn is [name]Bella[/name], I guess this consideration just comes with the territory for me. If you hate my names please don’t say so! :slight_smile: Thank you, list all the [name]Rose[/name] names you can think of! This should be fun!

Like you, I have always loved the name [name]Rose[/name]. I’ve never really liked [name]Rosalie[/name] or [name]Rosalind[/name], though. However, instead of [name]Rosalie[/name], I like [name]Rosalia[/name] (ros-ah-lee-ah) and instead of [name]Rosalind[/name], I like [name]Rosaline[/name] (ros-ah-leen/ros-ah-l(eye)n). [name]Hope[/name] that helps. :slight_smile:

I’ve considered [name]Rosalia[/name] and I like your spelling, I’ll think on it more actively!

[name]Hi[/name]! I love [name]Rose[/name] as a first name, and I think of [name]Elodie[/name]-[name]Rose[/name] as being a first name, with [name]Mercy[/name] in the middle, especially if you’re calling her [name]Elodie[/name]-[name]Rose[/name]. (I love [name]Elodie[/name], by the way!)

I don’t think the other [name]Rose[/name] names flow with [name]Elodie[/name] as well as [name]Rose[/name] does, but there’s also [name]Elodie[/name] [name]Rosette[/name] and [name]Elodie[/name] [name]Primrose[/name], which I think flow well.

I love [name]Rosalie[/name] (but not with [name]Elodie[/name]), and [name]Rosalind[/name], [name]Rosaline[/name], [name]Rosetta[/name], [name]Rosabelle[/name]/Rosabel etc… I love the sound of [name]Rosalia[/name], too, and wish its meaning wasn’t associated with tombstones.

I hope you find a [name]Rose[/name] name you love!

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I tried [name]Rosette[/name], my mum nixed it, she has that weight with me, don’t get me wrong, she’s totally into some of my weirder names, but she’s the commonsense sometimes, I am starting to feel like I’m a little silly, [name]Elodie[/name]-[name]Rose[/name] is a perfectly beautiful first name, maybe I’ll just stick with that.

The name is the first big parenting whopper- you canfail and scar them for life, or you’ll create something they’ll treasure. The fears runs rampant for us mommies!

[name]ROSE[/name]

[name]Rosa[/name]
[name]Rosalba[/name]
[name]Rosaleen[/name]
[name]Rosalia[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Rosaline[/name]
[name]Rosalyn[/name]
[name]Rosamund[/name]
[name]Rosanna[/name]
[name]Rosario[/name]
[name]Roseanne[/name]
Roseclere
[name]Roselyn[/name]
[name]Rosemarie[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Rosetta[/name]
[name]Rosette[/name]
[name]Rosie[/name]
[name]Rosina[/name]
[name]Rosine[/name]
Rositsa
Rossa

Good luck!

[name]Rosalie[/name] and [name]Rosemary[/name] are my favorite long [name]Rose[/name] variations. For your daughter, I love the simplicity of [name]Rose[/name] with her other names. For some people [name]Rose[/name] would be a filler name. But for those of us who truly love the name [name]Rose[/name], it is a very special, beautiful name with great meaning.

The name [name]Grace[/name] can be thought of as a filler name, too. But for me, [name]Grace[/name] is the name of my beloved aunt. I stayed in her home many times. She was so quiet and very sweet.

My favourite [name]Rose[/name] names are [name]Rosemary[/name] and [name]Roseanna[/name], and I think [name]Roseanna[/name] sounds lovely with [name]Elodie[/name] :slight_smile: [name]Elodie[/name]-[name]Roseanna[/name] doesn’t have the rhyme that [name]Elodie[/name]-[name]Rosalie[/name], [name]Elodie[/name]-[name]Rosemary[/name], or anything like that would have.

However I think that, while [name]Rose[/name] is becoming overused as a middle name, it is still pretty and unique as a first name, and if I were you I wouldn’t use a less-popular variation that you like less just because of [name]Rose[/name]'s popularity as a middle name :slight_smile:

A past thread to help you out:

Thank you, you’ve set my mind at ease! :slight_smile: My sisters names was [name]Grace[/name], it is special to me as well.

What about [name]Elodie[/name] [name]Primrose[/name] [name]Mercy[/name]?

I think [name]Elodie[/name]-[name]Rose[/name] is a beautiful name. [name]Rose[/name] doesn’t seem filler to me at all in your combo, especially if you plan to call her [name]Elodie[/name]-[name]Rose[/name] a lot or all of the time. [name]Elodie[/name] [name]Rosetta[/name] [name]Mercy[/name] (or any of the [name]Rose[/name] variations mentioned) is pretty too, but doesn’t stand out as much to me - it seems like a beautiful first name with two middle names rather than a special first name if you know what I mean. But I do love all the [name]Rose[/name] variations too, so they’re hard to pass up!

(I also love [name]Elodie[/name] with big sister [name]Gwendolyn[/name] - I’m having a hard time finding a name I like to go with my [name]Gwendolyn[/name] but I can’t have an E name)