A sibling for Alice Bryony

Hello all,
I could really use your help! I am expecting our second child, and we’re quite lost on what to to name him or her. We are learning the sex at our next appointment, but we want to start thinking about names now. So quickly, our surname is [name]Porter[/name], my name is [name]Daphne[/name], my husband is [name]Thomas[/name] ([name]Tom[/name]) and we have a one year old daughter [name]Alice[/name] [name]Bryony[/name].
We want a name with a British flair ( both my husband and I are from the UK, though we currently live in the US).While we wouldn’t rule out a popular name simply due to its popularity, we tend to lean toward more unique names.”Perhaps I shouldn’t say unique. We want a classic name, but one that is relatively uncommon.
We have our own list of names, but I wish to know what you would suggest without knowing what we are considering.
Thank you,
[name]Daphne[/name]

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Bryony[/name] is wonderful! I love [name]Alice[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]
[name]Philippa[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Marguerite[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Sylvia[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Verity[/name]
[name]Allegra[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name]

[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Della[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Eugenie[/name]
[name]Florence[/name]
[name]Georgina[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Henrietta[/name]
[name]Lavinia[/name]
[name]Phillipa[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]

[name]Alistair[/name]
[name]Barnaby[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Chester[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Hugh[/name]
[name]Lewis[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Reuben[/name]
[name]Rupert[/name]

Oh, i love [name]Alice[/name] [name]Bryony[/name] <3

Cordelia
Adela
Willa
Elizabeth
Grace
Alberta
Lucille
Dorothea
Lucy
Rena
Amalia / Amelia
Ava
Vera
Charlotte
Cornelia
Flora
Violet
Geneva
Philomena
Leona

Carl
Oliver
Aric
Jack
Alexander
Max
Owen
Willis
Leonard
James
Archibald “Archie”

G
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Georgina[/name]
[name]Honora[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Philippa[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name]

B
[name]Balthazar[/name]
[name]Barnaby[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Piers[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]

[name]Camilla[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Clea[/name]”
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Elinor[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Georgiana[/name]”
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Mathilde[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name]

I think our favorites are [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name]. We’d love your feedback on the list, and which name you think would be the best to go with [name]Alice[/name].

Boys:
Our boys list needs much more help than our girls. I’m not sure we love any of the names on this list.

”[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Harry[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Lewis[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Rufus[/name]
[name]Rupert[/name]

We would really appreciate more suggestions for boys, and feedback on our current list.

Thank you,”
[name]Daphne[/name]”

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Daphne[/name] (and [name]Tom[/name])!

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Bryony[/name] [name]Porter[/name] is divine. Seriously. [name]Bravo[/name]! [name]Alice[/name] is one of my personal favorites, along with [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name], and [name]Charlotte[/name] for girls and [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Nathaniel[/name] for boys. Perhaps one will interest you…

As for your list, here are my thoughts:

[name]Camilla[/name] - Too flouncy next to [name]Alice[/name], though very pretty. A middle name, perhaps?
[name]Cecily[/name] - I love [name]Cecily[/name]! [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Cecily[/name] are too cute. [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Porter[/name] sounds so luxurious! This is a keeper.
[name]Charlotte[/name] - Obviously a favorite of mine, and truly perfect with [name]Alice[/name]. I’d put this at the top of the list!
[name]Clara[/name] - Another great one, of course. Not as whimsical as [name]Alice[/name], but certainly a winner, elegant and feminine.
[name]Clea[/name] - This looks like a nickname to me, and although I like it, I don’t love it, especially with [name]Alice[/name].
[name]Eliza[/name] - Oh, I love [name]Eliza[/name]! [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Porter[/name] is beautiful! Another pretty one with [name]Alice[/name]!
[name]Elinor[/name] - I’m a little over [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Elinor[/name], myself, and I think you need something with a bit more spunk…
[name]Frances[/name] - [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Frances[/name] end in the same sound, otherwise I’d be all over this one!
[name]Georgiana[/name] - This might be too elegant next to [name]Alice[/name], although I love it. Middle name potential? For sure!
[name]Matilda[/name] - Oh, so sweet. I like this a lot! I like others more, but this is a good choice.
[name]Mathilde[/name] - Hm. [name]Matilda[/name] seems to fit better with [name]Alice[/name]. Yep, I’d skip this one…
[name]Rosalind[/name] - Oh, so pretty! Maybe a bit too romantic next to [name]Alice[/name], though, so I’d choose a different one.

My favorite is [name]Charlotte[/name] with [name]Alice[/name], followed by [name]Cecily[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Clara[/name], and [name]Matilda[/name]. Great names! [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] was once on my list, and I think that’s lovely, but [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name] - do you say [jor-[name]JAY[/name]-nuh]? - is incredible, too!

I’m not even sure what more I could suggest. Maybe [name]Diana[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Fiona[/name], [name]Helena[/name], [name]Julia[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Margo[/name], [name]Ramona[/name], [name]Simone[/name], or [name]Violet[/name]? I quite like [name]Eloise[/name] with [name]Alice[/name], but I do have to tell you that my new favorite [name]Charlotte[/name] combination is [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]… :wink:

Boys! I agree they are tougher. Well, here are my thoughts:

[name]Frederick[/name] - A little serious next to [name]Alice[/name], but a handsome name. Maybe for a middle?
[name]Harry[/name] - [name]Harry[/name] [name]Porter[/name] doesn’t sit well with me. I’d use this as a nickname, for [name]Henry[/name]…
[name]Henry[/name] - Well, it’s my favorite, for sure. I mean, my personal favorite boy’s name! So handsome!
[name]Hugo[/name] - [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name] is a very smart set! I don’t know what you call a [name]Hugo[/name], but I like this very much!
[name]Jude[/name] - Eh, this is okay. I’m not in love with it, but I do like [name]Jude[/name] as a name. I like others more…
[name]Lewis[/name] - [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Lewis[/name] end in the same sound, so I wouldn’t personally use this one.
[name]Milo[/name] - Spunky and sassy, but a little modern, maybe? I don’t know. I prefer [name]Hugo[/name], I think.
[name]Theodore[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this! [name]Theo[/name] or [name]Teddy[/name] would be perfect with Miss [name]Alice[/name], and this has a quirky vintage flair!
[name]Rhys[/name] - [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Rhys[/name], though I love it, end in the same sound. I’d say no…
[name]Rufus[/name] - [name]Rufus[/name] just isn’t a name I like on a person. A pet? Maybe. Anyway, it ends in the same sound as [name]Alice[/name], too.
[name]Rupert[/name] - [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Rupert[/name] is another smart set! [name]Rupert[/name] [name]Porter[/name] is a little abrupt, so it wouldn’t be my first pick…

Okay, my favorites are definitely [name]Henry[/name], [name]Theodore[/name], and [name]Hugo[/name]. Oh, wait! [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Porter[/name] isn’t ideal, since they both end in the “r” sound, but it isn’t awful. [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] sets you up for something very classic, whereas [name]Hugo[/name] gives you more of a quirky vintage edge. Either would be lovely!

Let’s see if I can think of anything more for you to consider. Well, perhaps [name]Bennett[/name], [name]Benjamin[/name], [name]Christian[/name], [name]Eliot[/name], [name]Everett[/name], [name]Isaac[/name], [name]Julian[/name], [name]Maxwell[/name], [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Patrick[/name], [name]Russell[/name], [name]Simon[/name], or [name]Vincent[/name]? I’m pretty much a big fan of [name]Russell[/name] [name]Porter[/name], though [name]Eliot[/name] [name]Porter[/name], [name]Julian[/name] [name]Porter[/name], and [name]Simon[/name] [name]Porter[/name] are all quite nice. [name]Russell[/name] is just so great!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Lemon[/name]- Thank you so much!”I love all of the names you mentioned - we have very similar taste! [name]Lydia[/name], in particular, is a favorite. But, I love [name]Eliza[/name] nn [name]Lizzie[/name] just a little bit more, and they’re too close for comfort.”
I’m glad you love [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] for us, because as I mentioned in my previous post, they are the front runners. I think they both go so well with [name]Alice[/name]. So, while I love [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eliza[/name], I’m tempted to only use one and save the other for a future daughter.
I understand your point about [name]Matilda[/name] fitting better with [name]Alice[/name] than [name]Mathilde[/name]. The reason [name]Mathilde[/name] is on the list is for a middle name. My husband loves the name, and we’ve talked about the combo [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Mathilde[/name]. What do you think?”
Yes, we do pronounce [name]Georgiana[/name] as jor-[name]JAY[/name]-nuh, as we’re both originally from the UK. I agree that it may not be the best fit with [name]Alice[/name]. I love it with [name]Bryony[/name] though, so we’d definitely use it as a middle name. I love [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name], especially with [name]Alice[/name] [name]Bryony[/name].”

Now, for the boys…
I can’t believe with missed the whole [name]Harry[/name] [name]Porter[/name] / [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] thing. We love the name, but would probably only use it as a nn now. And I’m not even sure we’d do that…
The ones you have marked as your favorites are the ones we are most seriously considering. I love [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Henry[/name], [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name], and [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name]. We would call [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Teddy[/name] most of the time, so we’re not too concerned with the r endings.”
Some of your suggestions are great, but none of them are the one. [name]Russell[/name] is my favorite, but my husband’s brother has a son named [name]Russell[/name] [name]Porter[/name].”

So, our favorites are:
[name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] - I just don’t know which one I love more!
We’re really liking [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Mathilde[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name]. What do you think? But, on second thought, does [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name] sound strange because they are both feminine versions of male names? Maybe I’m just over thinking this.
[name]Theodore[/name]”nn [name]Teddy[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] nn [name]Harry[/name], most likely
[name]Hugo[/name] nn [name]Hugh[/name]”
I think our favorite may be [name]Theodore[/name]. We love [name]Henry[/name], but now the [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] association seems very obvious to us.”
Oh, and I absolutely love the name [name]Oliver[/name]. Hands down, I would name my son [name]Oliver[/name], if our last name didn’t end in -er. [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Porter[/name]. Not so much…
Thanks again,
[name]Daphne[/name]”

[name]Daphne[/name],

Yes, I agree that [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] are a bit close when you’re talking about using [name]Lydie[/name] and [name]Lizzie[/name] as nicknames - a shame, really! [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Mathilde[/name] is lovely, but I prefer [name]Charlotte[/name] with [name]Alice[/name], and I prefer [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name] with [name]Alice[/name] [name]Bryony[/name]. Does it bother me that both [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Georgiana[/name] are variants of male names? No. Especially when [name]Georgiana[/name] is so very glitzy and feminine and [name]Charlotte[/name] has that sweetness about it. If you’d like, I could suggest other middle name options for you. But, if you’re asking me about a first name, I’d go with [name]Charlotte[/name] - I’ve already told you that they are two of my personal favorite names! As for middle name suggestions for a [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Porter[/name], here are some of mine:

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Adeline[/name] [name]Porter[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Diana[/name] [name]Porter[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Porter[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Porter[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Helena[/name] [name]Porter[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Porter[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Sylvia[/name] [name]Porter[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] [name]Porter[/name]

If you ask me, my favorites with [name]Alice[/name] [name]Bryony[/name] [name]Porter[/name] are (1) [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Porter[/name] and (2) [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Porter[/name]. [name]Love[/name] 'em both!

Now, boys - honestly, I wasn’t referring to [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] with my [name]Harry[/name] [name]Porter[/name] comment. That’s funny! I don’t think it is a huge, huge deal as [name]Harry[/name] is pretty common anyway and the movies are drawing to a close, so it wouldn’t necessarily prevent me from using it - I just don’t like the sound of [name]Harry[/name] [name]Porter[/name], as it sounds like hairy porter, even though I’m not sure what a porter is. If I had a son tomorrow, I’d name him [name]Henry[/name]. And [name]Henry[/name] he would be, not [name]Harry[/name], not [name]Hank[/name] - that’s another nickname for you to consider! - but just [name]Henry[/name], because I love it so much on its own. I think [name]Henry[/name] [name]Porter[/name] sounds very dapper, if you will, and maybe you don’t even need a nickname. Does [name]Alice[/name] use one? I do think [name]Hugo[/name] [name]Porter[/name] is pretty wonderful, honestly, even though I’m not thrilled with [name]Hugh[/name] [name]Porter[/name] - it sounds like “huge” to me, to be frank. And, [name]Teddy[/name] [name]Porter[/name] is absolutely adorable - it’s got a “teleporter” sound to it, but probably only I would think of that. Aw, [name]Alice[/name] has a cousin [name]Russell[/name]? Well, at least he’s well-named! And, not to be a hypocrite, but [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Porter[/name] doesn’t bug me so much. Ha! [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Henry[/name] [name]Porter[/name] is quite nice, right?

I just have to chime in here, firstly I love [name]Alice[/name] teamed up with [name]Bryony[/name] very original it gives a really edgy feel to the combo.

I agree with lemon’s suggestion of [name]Cecily[/name] I think that this is a great name and works a treat with [name]Alice[/name].

[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Roslyn[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Piper[/name]

I think [name]Cecily[/name] is such an edgy, unusual but still known name. I say it as cess ah lee.

[name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] seem a little close to be sisters.

If you live in one of the Commonwealth countries you will say [name]Harry[/name] the way that the British say it , and it is gorgeous that way but the US pronunciation that comes out as hairy is horrible, (maybe that is why it is not popular in the US?) I just adore [name]Harry[/name] but not in love with [name]Henry[/name] at all.

my picks

[name]Harry[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Piper[/name] and
[name]Daisy[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]

I think [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] both go really well with [name]Alice[/name]. They’re all classic and feminine, but not overly frilly. I also wanted to suggest [name]Caroline[/name] to go along with [name]Alice[/name]. As far as boys, I love both [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] with [name]Alice[/name]. [name]Henry[/name] is specifically perfect with [name]Alice[/name] in every possible way, I think. Actually when I wasn’t sure the genders of my twins, [name]Alice[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Theodore[/name], and [name]Caroline[/name] were the names I had set out for them. That’s why I wanted to suggest [name]Caroline[/name] because I think those three names go so well together. Also, I don’t really feel like [name]Henry[/name] needs a nickname, especially with a sibling named [name]Alice[/name]. When I had [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] paired together as twins I wasn’t going to use a nickname at all. I love [name]Henry[/name] on it’s own, but since his twin is going to be [name]Theodore[/name] nn [name]Teddy[/name] I wanted him to have a nickname too, so he’s going to be a [name]Hank[/name]. Congrats on your next little one. (:

You chose a lovely name for your daughter. I love [name]Alice[/name] [name]Bryony[/name]. Personally, I think [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Porter[/name] would be the best match. [name]Both[/name] combinations have a timeless classic first name and a fun and spunky middle name. [name]Eliza[/name] is too similar to [name]Alice[/name] so I would not consider that option. I’ve always liked [name]Caroline[/name] paired with [name]Alice[/name] too! [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Porter[/name] is a wonderful pairing. From your boys list, I would choose [name]Hugo[/name] [name]Frederick[/name] [name]Porter[/name]. It has nice flow to it. Good luck!

Wow, thank you so much for the brilliant advice!
Girls:
We’re still not sure about a girls name. I believe we are leaning towards [name]Charlotte[/name], though. We have a few questions we could use your responses to.

• Does [name]Eliza[/name] go with [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name]? If we were to name this daughter [name]Charlotte[/name], could we name the next [name]Eliza[/name]? If not, we would consider using [name]Eliza[/name] as a middle name.
  • If you don’t think [name]Eliza[/name] would work, what names would you suggest? We want to make sure that we pick a name that leaves us options for future children, as we plan to have more.
  • For middle names, we are contemplating [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Louisa[/name], and [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]. Which do you prefer, and which do you feel fits best with [name]Alice[/name] [name]Bryony[/name]? I think we may be leaning towards [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name].

Boys:
We’re not much closer to finding the perfect boys name. We are strongly considering [name]Theodore[/name], [name]Henry[/name], and [name]Hugo[/name], though I think we prefer [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Henry[/name]. But, there are problems with all of the names, which makes us think that we may not have found the ‘right’ name yet.

• [name]Theodore[/name] is probably our favourite. We just love the name. But, [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Porter[/name] isn’t ideal, and [name]Teddy[/name] [name]Porter[/name] does have a similar sound as teleporter. I don’t think either is a big enough problem to prevent us from using it. We figure that he will only go by [name]Teddy[/name] as a child, and eventually switch to [name]Ted[/name] or [name]Theo[/name]. So, we don’t feel that it is a huge issue - plus, it seems rather cute to me. As for the R endings, I don’t think it’s so obvious that it would prevent us from using the name. What do you think?
  • [name]Henry[/name] is also a favourite of ours. I think I may love it more than my husband. I’m not sure whether or not we’d use a nn. [name]Alice[/name] goes by [name]Alice[/name] the majority of the time, though we occasionaly call her [name]Al[/name], [name]Allie[/name], and Lissy. She doesn’t have an official nickname, though that may change. We love the nn [name]Harry[/name], and would consider using it. But, as [name]Lemon[/name] pointed out, [name]Henry[/name] doesn’t need a nickname - which is great.
  • [name]Hugo[/name] is another option. My husband loves this but I’m not soo sure. I think [name]Hugh[/name] is adorable, but not as a full name. I don’t love the full name [name]Hugo[/name] though. I think we will end up using either [name]Theodore[/name] or [name]Henry[/name].
  • Much like I asked in the girls section, what names would you pair with [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name], and [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Henry[/name]? I think that [name]Alice[/name], [name]Theodore[/name], and [name]Henry[/name] all go well together, and would be good names for siblings. What do you think?
  • Any ideas for middle names for [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Henry[/name]? Maybe finding the perfect middle will help us decide.

Thank you so very much,
[name]Daphne[/name]

[name]Daphne[/name],

I think [name]Charlotte[/name] is perfect for [name]Alice[/name]'s sister. I know I told you that [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] was a favorite combo of mine until [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] recently replaced it, but I think that [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name] is a better fit alongside [name]Alice[/name] [name]Bryony[/name]. It’s just a tad bit more unusual and striking.

As for [name]Alice[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], and [name]Eliza[/name] being sisters, I think you could do that. [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] do have some similar sounds, but they aren’t a bad fit. If you’re asking what I’d choose to use with [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name], my top picks might be along the lines of [name]Gwyneth[/name], [name]Laura[/name], [name]Louise[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Margot[/name], and [name]Olive[/name], maybe. Or, for something longer, I’d choose [name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Gwendolen[/name], [name]Helena[/name], [name]Isabel[/name], [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Katharine[/name], [name]Lillian[/name], [name]Matilda[/name], [name]Ramona[/name], and [name]Violet[/name]. Ideally, I think my favorites would be [name]Alice[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Gwendolen[/name], and [name]Ramona[/name].

For boys, [name]Henry[/name] is my favorite, and why not just go with [name]Henry[/name] [name]Theodore[/name]? I love that! If you don’t love [name]Hugo[/name], I wouldn’t use that one. As for male siblings to [name]Alice[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], and [name]Henry[/name], I might pick names like [name]Bernard[/name], [name]Douglas[/name], [name]Isaac[/name], [name]Joseph[/name], [name]Maxwell[/name], [name]Patrick[/name], [name]Rufus[/name], [name]Simon[/name], and [name]Vincent[/name]. [name]Alice[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Henry[/name], and [name]Maxwell[/name] are my favorites!

We have officially decided on [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name] for [name]Alice[/name]'s sister. We are thrilled with our choice! But, as we don’t know whether this little one is a boy or girl, we need to keep working.”

I think we’re leaning towards [name]Henry[/name] for a boy. We just love it. ”We could use some serious help with middle names. We’d love your thoughts on what we’re considering:
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Augustus[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] Ignatus
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]”
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] is my personal favourite, but my husband isn’t too sure about how it sounds with [name]Porter[/name]. [name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] ” [name]Porter[/name] - what do you think? I know that [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Porter[/name] isn’t ideal, but I just love the name.”
My husband has always loved the name [name]Augustus[/name]. I’m not so sure. It seems like a lot of name for a little boy. I think that [name]Oliver[/name] somewhat freshens up [name]Henry[/name].”
We are somewhat concerned that we haven’t found a combination as striking and unique as [name]Alice[/name] [name]Bryony[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name]. We’d gladly welcome any suggestions.”

By”the”way, thank you for all of the suggestions. Some of them are fabulous.”

Thank you,
[name]Daphne[/name]

Well I particularly like [name]Henry[/name] [name]Ignatius[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]. But I don’t think any of your combinations are a bad idea, any of them would make a fine choice including [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Augustus[/name]. I really love [name]Henry[/name] [name]Ignatius[/name] though! It’s just so cute, and I love that it’s a quirky middle name like [name]Bryony[/name]. If I hadn’t already chosen a middle name for my [name]Henry[/name] I would want to steal [name]Henry[/name] [name]Ignatius[/name]. :slight_smile:

I think [name]Alice[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], and [name]Henry[/name] make a fantastic set. You’ve got great taste.

[name]Daphne[/name],

Congratulations on choosing [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name]! It’s lovely with [name]Porter[/name] and perfect with [name]Alice[/name] [name]Bryony[/name] - my favorite!

As for boys, I think [name]Henry[/name] is ideal. [name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] is actually on my list for a future son, so I’m a bit biased. I don’t really mind [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Porter[/name], honestly, especially with it being a middle name, and [name]Oliver[/name] adds a touch of whimsy to [name]Henry[/name] in my opinion. Of your others, here are my thoughts:

[name]Henry[/name] [name]Augustus[/name] - Feels a bit heavy, but [name]Henry[/name] [name]Augustine[/name] [name]Porter[/name] is nice!
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Frederick[/name] - [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Frederick[/name] both have a strong “eh” sound, so I’m not keen on them together.
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] - See above. I like this very much!
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Ignatius[/name] - [name]Ignatius[/name], like [name]Augustus[/name], is rather heavy, and I think you need something a little lighter…
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] - Overall a nice combination, but it feels different, style-wise, to [name]Alice[/name] [name]Bryony[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name].

So, maybe I would suggest [name]Henry[/name] [name]Augustine[/name] [name]Porter[/name], [name]Henry[/name] [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Porter[/name], [name]Henry[/name] [name]Garrison[/name] [name]Porter[/name], [name]Henry[/name] [name]Julian[/name] [name]Porter[/name], [name]Henry[/name] [name]Leopold[/name] [name]Porter[/name], or [name]Henry[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Porter[/name]. My favorites are [name]Henry[/name] [name]Augustine[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] [name]Julian[/name], for sure - doesn’t [name]Julian[/name] just add a classy, handsome edge to the rather serious [name]Henry[/name]?

I only have a couple of suggestions for a middle name for [name]Henry[/name]:

[name]Henry[/name] [name]Clark[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Bernard[/name]

Good luck!

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name] is a wonderful name paired with [name]Alice[/name] [name]Bryony[/name]! Great choice!

[name]Henry[/name] [name]Augustus[/name] [name]Porter[/name] - Very distinguished
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Frederick[/name] - Ok
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Ignatius[/name] - Quirky middle like [name]Alice[/name] [name]Bryony[/name]'s.
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name]

Some other middle name suggestions for your possible future son [name]Henry[/name]…

[name]Henry[/name] [name]Aloysius[/name] [name]Porter[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Vaughan[/name] [name]Porter[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Tobias[/name] [name]Porter[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Solomon[/name] [name]Porter[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Balthasar[/name] [name]Porter[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Lucius[/name] [name]Porter[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Donovan[/name] [name]Porter[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Tristan[/name] [name]Porter[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Benedict[/name] [name]Porter[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Porter[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Francis[/name] [name]Porter[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Conrad[/name] [name]Porter[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Leo[/name] [name]Porter[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Vincent[/name] [name]Porter[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Boniface[/name] [name]Porter[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Bartholomew[/name] [name]Porter[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Laurence[/name] [name]Porter[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Porter[/name]

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Bryony[/name] is absolutely wonderful! [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name] is a perfect match!
For [name]Henry[/name], which I love with [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name], I would go with [name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]. It is just so handsome! My second choose would be [name]Henry[/name] [name]Ignatius[/name].
Good luck!