A sibling for Alice Bryony

Thank you for all of your fabulous feedback and suggestions! We are making tremendous progress. We have narrowed it down to [name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] [name]Ignatius[/name]. We’re rather fond of both, but for different reasons. The name [name]Oliver[/name] has always been a favourite of mine, but I wouldn’t use it as a first name due to our last name being [name]Porter[/name]. But, I don’t think it sounds awful in the middle, and my love for the name makes up for any rhyming sounds. [name]Henry[/name] [name]Ignatius[/name] we love for a different reason. We’ve never been particularly fond of [name]Ignatius[/name], but we love it paired with [name]Henry[/name], and [name]Alice[/name] [name]Bryony[/name]. I suppose we are somewhat concerned that [name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] lacks a certian flair that [name]Alice[/name] [name]Bryony[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] [name]Ignatius[/name] seem to share. We just don’t know how we will decide.
We would greatly appreciate any feedback,
[name]Daphne[/name]

Honestly, [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Porter[/name] doesn’t really bother me at all. I think it’s the different amounts of syllables. It makes it a lot better than say, [name]Tucker[/name] [name]Porter[/name]. But I can see where you’re coming from since Olivers don’t typically go by nicknames like say, [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Porter[/name] would. I think [name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Porter[/name] is a good name, but yes it’s a little vanilla next to the combination of [name]Alice[/name] [name]Bryony[/name], so if equivalence in both first and middle names of siblings is something important to you, then that’s definitely something to consider.

However, I’m just totally enamored with [name]Henry[/name] [name]Ignatius[/name], so I have to vote for him. It’s so weird because I never really gush over combos, but I just love [name]Henry[/name] [name]Ignatius[/name].

I really like [name]Henry[/name] [name]Ignatius[/name] along side [name]Alice[/name] [name]Bryony[/name], and [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Georgina[/name] is brilliant. What about [name]Henry[/name] [name]Leopold[/name], [name]Henry[/name] [name]Alistair[/name], or [name]Henry[/name] [name]August[/name]?

Thank you for the feedback triceratops and Leah_9. I love the suggestion of [name]Henry[/name] [name]Alistair[/name], but we feel that [name]Alistair[/name] is too similar to [name]Alice[/name].

Any more opinions?
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Ignatius[/name] or [name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]

Hey, [name]Daphne[/name],

I suppose I don’t have a strong preference either way. I like the name [name]Oliver[/name] much more than [name]Ignatius[/name], personally, and I don’t think [name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Porter[/name] is that terrible, flow-wise. It might not be the best, but it’s still decent. I just love the sound of [name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] - I told you it’s my personal favorite for a future boy, I think. I don’t feel that [name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] is too bland next to [name]Alice[/name] [name]Bryony[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name]. All three have a quirky, vintage, British feel to them, I think, and they’ve got literary connections - [name]Bryony[/name] (well, [name]Briony[/name]) [name]Tallis[/name] in Atonement, [name]Georgiana[/name] [name]Darcy[/name] in Pride and Prejudice, and [name]Oliver[/name] Twist in [name]Oliver[/name] Twist.

So, maybe I do have a preference after all! I don’t think [name]Henry[/name] [name]Ignatius[/name] is a bad combination, but [name]Ignatius[/name] does have a bit of a heavier sound in my opinion, and it isn’t quite as playful, to me, as [name]Oliver[/name]. But, that’s just me!

Okay, I’ll throw out a couple more - though I may have already suggested these, knowing me - for your perusal. [name]Henry[/name] [name]Adrian[/name] [name]Porter[/name], [name]Henry[/name] [name]Algernon[/name] [name]Porter[/name] ([name]Algernon[/name] Moncrieff, ‘The Importance of Being [name]Earnest[/name]’), [name]Henry[/name] [name]Archibald[/name] [name]Porter[/name], [name]Henry[/name] [name]Constantine[/name] [name]Porter[/name], [name]Henry[/name] [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Porter[/name], [name]Henry[/name] [name]Dorian[/name] ([name]Dorian[/name] [name]Gray[/name], The Picture of [name]Dorian[/name] [name]Gray[/name]), [name]Henry[/name] [name]Ferguson[/name] [name]Porter[/name], [name]Henry[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Porter[/name], [name]Henry[/name] [name]Julian[/name] [name]Porter[/name], [name]Henry[/name] [name]Lionel[/name] [name]Porter[/name], [name]Henry[/name] [name]Montague[/name] [name]Porter[/name] ([name]Romeo[/name] [name]Montague[/name], ‘[name]Romeo[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name]’), [name]Henry[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Porter[/name], [name]Henry[/name] [name]Phineas[/name] [name]Porter[/name], [name]Henry[/name] [name]Sullivan[/name] [name]Porter[/name]?

I apologize for my love of [name]Oscar[/name] Wilde spilling over into my suggestions, but I would literally freak out - in a good way! - if you chose [name]Henry[/name] [name]Algernon[/name] [name]Porter[/name] for your son’s name. So cool. Or [name]Henry[/name] [name]Dorian[/name], but I love ‘The Importance of Being [name]Earnest[/name],’ so [name]Algernon[/name] wins out. But, I do think [name]Henry[/name] [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Porter[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] [name]Julian[/name] [name]Porter[/name] would fit perfectly alongside [name]Alice[/name] [name]Bryony[/name] (and [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name]) - and isn’t [name]Henry[/name] [name]Montague[/name] a stunner? Okay, okay, enough of my literary biases.

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile: