A sibling for Boston...

My son’s name is [name]Boston[/name] [name]Nicholas[/name]. I’m not pregnant yet, but we’re thinking about making that happen soon. :slight_smile:

So here’s my dilemma. With a name like [name]Boston[/name], there are many routes I could take for a sibling name. I could go for “B” names, “city” names, or simply names that go together. BUT… I’ve never liked when people coordinate their kids names TOO much. I prefer the style to be similar and I also like alliteration in names like [name]Landon[/name] and [name]Ainsley[/name] (L sound) or [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] (V sound).

With that said…

GIRL:
My husband is picking our girl name from a list that we agree on. I won’t know until d-day what he chose and I don’t have veto power. This is because I change my mind every milisecond on girl names. Here is the list of girl names we have so far:
[name]Ainsley[/name]
[name]Berkeley[/name]
[name]Brooklyn[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Kinley[/name]
[name]Lorelai[/name]
[name]Zanna[/name]
The problem is that [name]Berkeley[/name] and [name]Brooklyn[/name] are both “B” names and “City” names. Would that be too cheesy? It’s not that this was in any way our intention; we just really like both of those names. If I want any names taken off this list, I have to take them off now while we’re making it because once it’s done I can’t change it anymore. Also, do you have any girl name ideas to add to this list that go well with [name]Boston[/name]?

BOY:
I get to choose the boy name. The only name that my husband and I agree on is [name]Landon[/name] [name]James[/name]. Is this name too popular to go with [name]Boston[/name]? [name]Do[/name] you have any other boy name suggestions that go with [name]Boston[/name]? We like [name]Preston[/name] too, but not as much as [name]Landon[/name] and we can’t find any others that we like as much as [name]Landon[/name].
Note: We can’t do names that end in -er because our last name ends with -er and those names don’t sound good with it.

Oh, I love the spunky [name]Zanna[/name] with [name]Boston[/name]! I have to say that I’m wary of a lot of your other choices because -ley and -lyn endings are such a trend at the moment, and that means they’ll probably date quite quickly, unfortuntely.

I would avoid [name]Berkeley[/name] and [name]Brooklyn[/name], as both a matching initial and being city names as well would really create a theme (and should you have another, it would be difficult to break it, too).

Two of the more classic -lyn names spring to mind for you, [name]Evelyn[/name] and [name]Caitlin[/name]. The spunky [name]Ivy[/name] reminds me of [name]Zanna[/name], too, and sounds great with [name]Boston[/name], as does [name]Xena[/name]/[name]Zena[/name].

As for a boy, I think [name]Landon[/name] is the most handsome of your two options. If you are planning more children, I’d be wary of having two names which end in -on, and consider whether it would bother you anyway.

Other options with the same strong, modern feel:
[name]Bennet[/name]
[name]Blaise[/name]
[name]Colt[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] (I know, an N ending, but at least it isn’t -on, and it sounds great with [name]Boston[/name])
[name]Jett[/name]
[name]Knox[/name] (if the Brangelina connection doesn’t bother you)
[name]Redford[/name] ([name]Red[/name], [name]Ford[/name])
[name]Tate[/name]
[name]Tatum[/name]
Truett
[name]Zane[/name].

[name]Auburn[/name]

I agree w [name]Auburn[/name] that using [name]Brooklyn[/name] or [name]Berkley[/name] will make the sib set too matchy and themy.

[name]Ainsley[/name]- its ok
[name]Harper[/name]- This works w [name]Boston[/name]
[name]Kinley[/name]- I just dont like
[name]Lorelai[/name]- Very pretty but maybe dpesnt feel as modern as [name]Boston[/name]
[name]Zanna[/name]- ooh love this one

What about
[name]Zara[/name]
[name]Zinnia[/name]
[name]Laural[/name]

Oh, I love some of these! [name]Bennett[/name] and [name]Zane[/name] are both already on my list (along with [name]Beckett[/name], [name]Garrett[/name], and [name]Maddox[/name]) but my husband didn’t care for those.
[name]Colt[/name]- I love this and my husband is a [name]Colt[/name]'s Football fan, but there’s a little wild child in my son’s preschool class named [name]Colton[/name], and that’s who I think of now! :frowning:
[name]Jett[/name]- This is really a cool name!
[name]Tate[/name]- [name]Love[/name] it! It’s going on my list.
Truett- I’ve never heard this name, but I really like it!

Thanks for all the help!

Oh, and [name]Brooklyn[/name] and [name]Berkeley[/name] are officially out of the running. :slight_smile: I agree that it’s just too themy.

You more than likely have already had your 2nd lil one.

I am in the same boat you are our son’s name is [name]Boston[/name] [name]Phillip[/name] and we are expecting a little girl.

I had names simular to yours:
[name]Beckett[/name] (becca)
[name]Maddox[/name]
[name]Madison[/name]
[name]Kennedy[/name]
[name]Brooklyn[/name] (fiance says no because its a new york city)

Still havent found a name yet, I dont want to have a “B” theme. With a name like [name]Boston[/name] personally for me I cannot have a plain jane name it has to be just as bold.

Hehe. I like the way [name]Berkeley[/name] sounds too. I like the names you’ve chosen on your girls’ list - except for [name]Kinley[/name]. It doesn’t look finished.
[name]Brooklyn[/name] and [name]Boston[/name] would be much. [name]Both[/name] share the Bs and Os. I would want to mix up the use of vowels. If you really wanted to go with a “B” + “cities” theme: I’d go with [name]Berkeley[/name] (and shrug about the association with the school, it’s a lovely name).

[name]Harper[/name] and [name]Boston[/name] sound nice to me. They each have an even amount of syllables but are distinctly different.

For girls, may I suggest:

[name]Kimberly[/name] - it has the “L” and “B” sound. [name]Boston[/name] and [name]Kimberly[/name]. Hmm.

Now for boys’ names…
I didn’t realize how popular [name]Landon[/name] was until I joined nameberry. Apparently, it’s number 32.
What about:

[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Brennan[/name]
[name]Tristan[/name]
[name]Lorcan[/name]
[name]Duncan[/name]?