a sibling for Elliot Claire?

We might be expecting another baby (fingers crossed) so, of course, even though I’m not sure yet, I’m already obsessing about a name! My daughter is two years old and named [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Claire[/name], but usually goes by [name]Elle[/name]. I love her name so much-- it’s strong, fun, unique and phonetically sounds feminine (to me). I’m putting pressure on myself to come up with something that has those same attributes and goes with it. I’m not crazy about fu-fu girly names, (like -ina or -ra ending names). I love [name]Charlotte[/name], think that the “flavor” matches, but it may sound too much like [name]Elliot[/name]. I love a three syllable first name with a 1 syllable middle name on a girl, but really can’t think of anything that goes with [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Claire[/name]. For a boy I’m clueless. I love my little [name]Elle[/name]'s name, but wondering if we’ve messed up, because finding a good sib name is so hard! Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

What a cute name! I definitely think you should stay away from fu-fu girly names if you have another girl :slight_smile: I agree that [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Elliot[/name] have a very similar sound. I also think that while [name]Charlotte[/name] isn’t overly girly, it’s a classically female name, so it might not be the best match style-wise either. The first names that come to mind for a sister to [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Claire[/name] are:

[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Avery[/name]
[name]Emerson[/name] (too matchy?)
[name]Reese[/name]
[name]Drew[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Bronwyn[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]

For middles you could use [name]Jane[/name], [name]Quinn[/name], [name]Wren[/name], or [name]Anne[/name]. I think [name]Harper[/name], [name]Avery[/name], and [name]Rowan[/name] would be my top picks.

If you have a little boy, I think it would be best to stick with classic, masculine names. Some that come to mind are:

[name]Jack[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Hugh[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]

Of the boys, I think [name]Hugh[/name] would be really cute with [name]Elliot[/name]. It’s a short, masculine name but it has the breezy feel of [name]Elliot[/name]. Names like [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Sam[/name] would be great as well.

Best of luck!

[name]Hi[/name]!

[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Claire[/name], called “[name]Elle[/name],” is so sweet and different for a girl! I don’t know if you are aware, but the first thing I thought of when I heard your daughter’s name was [name]Anne[/name] [name]Elliot[/name], the protagonist of [name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name]'s Persuasion! Using Austenian surnames could be a cool way to create a well-rounded, yet unique, sibling set…

BOYS

Dashwood - The Dashwoods, specifically [name]Elinor[/name], are at the focus of [name]Austen[/name]'s Sense and Sensibility. I think Dashwood would be perfect for a boy, as you get the amazing nicknames, [name]Dash[/name] and [name]Woody[/name]! [name]Dash[/name] is my favorite! Dashwood [name]James[/name] or something would complement [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Claire[/name] quite well, I think…

[name]Willoughby[/name] - Another character in Sense and Sensibility is [name]John[/name] [name]Willoughby[/name]. [name]Willoughby[/name] is a quirky vintage surname name, like [name]Elliot[/name], that leaves open the possibility of a more mainstream nickname, [name]Will[/name]. [name]Willoughby[/name] [name]Charles[/name] would be sweet, as would [name]Willoughby[/name] [name]James[/name] or [name]Willoughby[/name] [name]John[/name]!

[name]Bennet[/name] - You can’t go too wrong with [name]Bennet[/name], the famed surname of Miss [name]Elizabeth[/name] and family! [name]Ben[/name] is super-cute for a boy, but the only issue you might run into with this one is its similarity to [name]Elliot[/name]. Oh, the end sounds!

[name]Bertram[/name] - A famous family of [name]Mansfield[/name] [name]Park[/name], [name]Bertram[/name] gives you the vintage-chic nickname, [name]Bert[/name], and the cool sibling set of [name]Elliot[/name] and [name]Bertram[/name]! [name]Bertram[/name] [name]Patrick[/name], [name]Bertram[/name] [name]Henry[/name], or [name]Bertram[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] are nice compliments to [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Claire[/name].

GIRLS

[name]Darcy[/name] - Oh, [name]Fitzwilliam[/name] [name]Darcy[/name]! The famed character of Pride and Prejudice is a wonderful namesake, in my opinion. And, this one works for a girl! [name]Elliot[/name] and [name]Darcy[/name], together, sound more like classic surname names, unifying each around a common theme. I know it isn’t your three-syllable pick, but you can easily dress up [name]Darcy[/name] with a classic middle name, like [name]Darcy[/name] [name]Catherine[/name], [name]Darcy[/name] [name]Anna[/name], [name]Darcy[/name] [name]Georgia[/name], or [name]Darcy[/name] [name]Diane[/name]!

[name]Price[/name] - Now, I know what you might be thinking. Name my child [name]Price[/name], as in price tag? No way! But, I have to mention [name]Price[/name], partly because it is my sister’s middle name and I called her Pricey for years as a small child. [name]Price[/name] is to honor [name]Fanny[/name] [name]Price[/name], protagonist of [name]Austen[/name]'s [name]Mansfield[/name] [name]Park[/name]. Now, switch up your naming pattern and name her [name]Price[/name] [name]Victoria[/name], [name]Price[/name] [name]Caroline[/name], or [name]Price[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name]!

Tilney - The Tilney Family is featured in Northanger [name]Abbey[/name], and Tilney sounds like a modern, fun name for a girl, not too different from [name]Tenley[/name], the almost-wife of [name]Bachelor[/name] [name]Jake[/name] Pavelka! Tilney [name]Catherine[/name], Tilney [name]Sarah[/name], Tilney [name]Martha[/name], and Tilney [name]Roseanne[/name] are all good options to compliment [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Claire[/name]!

Take care!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

For a boy I would stick with something very masculine and classical. Something like [name]Henry[/name], [name]Jack[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name], [name]William[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Gabriel[/name], [name]Callum[/name], [name]Nicholas[/name], [name]Dominic[/name], [name]Connor[/name], [name]Isaac[/name], or [name]Owen[/name].
For a girls maybe something like [name]Maeve[/name], [name]Harper[/name], [name]Arden[/name], [name]Sadie[/name], [name]Sydney[/name], [name]Margo[/name], [name]Iris[/name], [name]Violet[/name] (little to fufu?), [name]Bridget[/name], [name]Piper[/name], [name]Brier[/name], [name]Adele[/name], or [name]Zoe[/name].

[name]Elliott[/name] [name]Claire[/name] and

[name]Darcy[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Alexis[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Finley[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Leandra[/name] [name]Rowan[/name]

Boy

[name]Hunter[/name] [name]Jamison[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name] [name]Jude[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name] [name]Leo[/name]
[name]Luke[/name] [name]Anthony[/name]
[name]Grant[/name] [name]Nicholas[/name]

Wow!!! It’s clear that I came to the right place to ask this question! Thank you all so much for the suggestions and taking the time to consider and respond. I love so many of them! I love the [name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name] ideas, especially [name]Bennet[/name] and [name]Darcy[/name]. [name]Harper[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Jack[/name], [name]Xavier[/name], and [name]Harrison[/name] are also fit very well. Thank you all so much!

What about [name]Bristol[/name] for a girl?

I love [name]Darcy[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], It is on my list although I quite like [name]Elizabeth[/name] as a first name so it will probably end up being something else.

[name]Just[/name] have to add that I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Darcy[/name] with [name]Elliot[/name]. I would only use it for a sister to [name]Elliot[/name], but I think it’s just about perfect!

[name]How[/name] about [name]Charlot[/name] [name]Grace[/name].

I am LOVING lemon’s suggestion of [name]Darby[/name]! I love the theme, I love if with [name]Elliot[/name] (which is so amazing, by the way), I love the name itself!

you might also like:

[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Evan[/name] - another E though
[name]Grier[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Charlie[/name] - a friend just named her baby girl [name]Charlie[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and I fell in
love with the name
[name]Jorja[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Wallis[/name]
[name]Thalie[/name]/[name]Tallie[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]/[name]Reese[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]

**Other names that I can see with [name]Elliot[/name] though they aren’t exactly the same style:

[name]Dorothy[/name] - nn [name]Dot[/name], [name]Dot[/name] and [name]Elle[/name]? may be too girly for your tastes
[name]Kendra[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] - nn [name]Billie[/name]

[name]Just[/name] wanted to chime in with two little comments:

1. [name]Elliot[/name] nn [name]Elle[/name] is so wonderful

2. little sister [name]Darby[/name] gets my vote

[name]DarCy[/name]. Please don’t get THE [name]Fitzwilliam[/name] [name]Darcy[/name]'s name wrong!!!

:slight_smile:

I’m going to keep suggesting one of my favorite names until someone uses it…

[name]Tamsin[/name] - another version of [name]Thomasina[/name]. No frills, yet still a grils name.

I think [name]Tansy[/name] could be a nn. Linguistically, there’s a rule that says n --> m in front of bilabial sounds. Think iNperfect going to iMperfect because of the p, so I think it could go the other way. Tamsy is kind of hard to say.

[name]DarCy[/name]. Please don’t get THE [name]Fitzwilliam[/name] [name]Darcy[/name]'s name wrong!!!

:)[/quote]

Woops, I think I’m responsible for this one!

[name]Darcy[/name]** for sure!

:)[/quote]

Woops, I think I’m responsible for this one!

[name]Darcy[/name]** for sure![/quote]

Ha! I’m glad you guys like my suggestions, too! [name]Fitzwilliam[/name] [name]Darcy[/name] is a dreamboat no matter what anyone else says…

Haha. Another nn for [name]Tamsin[/name] might be [name]Sunny[/name]… maybe kind of a stretch. There’s a [name]Thomas[/name] in my family and in Jewish tradition you really shouldn’t name someone after someone living (it’s not a rule, more of a custom.) So I can’t use it, and hopefully won’t be able to. That’s why I’m always suggesting it :slight_smile:

Awww. This is awesome. In college I volunteered at the local animal shelter and I got to name some of the pets that came on to be adopted. Three of the kittens that came in I named and ended up fostering for a couple of weeks were: [name]Elliott[/name], [name]Darcy[/name], and [name]Bennett[/name].

Good job on naming. I see a lot of animals and they’re all named [name]Max[/name] and [name]Daisy[/name].

That’s wonderful! I love it! Actually, my cousin named her dog [name]Darcy[/name], and it just kills me, because I know she has no idea who either [name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name] or [name]Fitzwilliam[/name] [name]Darcy[/name] are…

PS I have a [name]Fin[/name] (short for [name]Findlay[/name]) and want to name the next one [name]Sawyer[/name]. Originally didn’t even think about the [name]Mark[/name] [name]Twain[/name] connection!