A sibling for Emilia Ruby and Maxwell Albert John

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] lovely Nameberry users,

I’d love your help :slight_smile: I’m expecting our third child in four weeks time and hubby and I are still unsure on names for our second daughter or son. The following lists are our favourites so far and I’d appreciate your opinion on what goes best with our existing children’s names, who we call [name_f]Millie[/name_f] and [name_u]Max[/name_u] (therefore no more ‘m’ names please). I’ve also listed some possible middle names next to each.

Girls
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] (nn [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]) [name_f]Sibelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f] [name_f]Sybella[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f]

Boys
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Xavier[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] ([name_u]Freddie[/name_u])
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]

You have a nice list.

For a girl I like [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] or [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]. I really like [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] but prefer it in full rather than using the unisex nn [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]. [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] is lovely and would work with her siblings.

On your boys’ list, my favourite is [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], followed by [name_m]Xavier[/name_m].

I think [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] or [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] would work beautifully with your sibset. Those would be my first picks.

[name_f]Chloe[/name_f] [name_f]Sybella[/name_f] - this would be my second pick for a girl. Very pretty.

[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] - the main nn for [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] is [name_u]Ollie[/name_u]. Not sure if it would bother you to have a [name_f]Millie[/name_f] and an [name_u]Ollie[/name_u]. It would probably still be my second choice.

I like all of your names on your list!
My favorites are

1. [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]
  3. [name_m]Xavier[/name_m]
  4. [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]

I like [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], but Its popularity ruins it for me as well as the [name_f]Millie[/name_f]/ [name_u]Ollie[/name_u] concept.

[name_m]How[/name_m] about

[name_u]Eloise[/name_u]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]

[name_m]Nathan[/name_m]/ [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Hayes[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]

I love [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]! In fact, I love [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] with all kinds of middles… one of my fave names ever:)

I like [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] for a boys name, also!

Good luck!

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] seem too plain next to [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]. I like both [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] and [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] with your other children’s names. I don’t think [name_u]Allie[/name_u] works too well [name_f]Millie[/name_f] but you could use the nickname [name_u]Lexi[/name_u]. Also I prefer the nickname [name_u]Frannie[/name_u] over [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] with sister [name_f]Millie[/name_f].

I like [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] the best of your boys choices but [name_u]Ollie[/name_u] and [name_f]Millie[/name_f] don’t work together. Maybe you could use the nickname [name_m]Oz[/name_m]. I really don’t care for [name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_u]Alex[/name_u] together so that rules out [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] for me. My top pick on your boys list is [name_m]Xavier[/name_m].

For a girl, [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] is my favorite ([name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]?) followed by [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f].

For a boy, [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] is my favorite followed by [name_m]Xavier[/name_m].

Sibling for [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] “[name_f]Millie[/name_f]” and [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] [name_m]Albert[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] “[name_u]Max[/name_u]”:

From your list my favorite for girls are [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] and [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] [name_f]Sybella[/name_f] and my favorites for boys are [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] ([name_u]Ollie[/name_u]) and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] ([name_u]Freddie[/name_u])

I would suggest the combos:
[name_f]Millie[/name_f], [name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_u]Ollie[/name_u] ([name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] or even [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m])
[name_f]Millie[/name_f], [name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] ([name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] or [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Xavier[/name_m])
[name_f]Millie[/name_f], [name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] ([name_f]Chloe[/name_f] [name_f]Sybella[/name_f] or [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f])
[name_f]Millie[/name_f], [name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] ([name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f])
[name_f]Millie[/name_f], [name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] ([name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] or [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Sibelle[/name_f])

I think [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] is lovely!

From your girls list my vote defnitely goes to [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]. [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] is sophisticated enough to work with your other children’s full names ([name_f]Emilia[/name_f], [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]), but also short and sweet enough to work with their nicknames too ([name_f]Millie[/name_f], [name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]). It’s a little bit more unusual than [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] or [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] so ties in nicely with the other two. I also like that you’d then have three different endings to the names - not too important, but a nice plus.

I would go for [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] or [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] from your boys list. The nickname [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] is cute with your other kids and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] is an underused classic which will age well. [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] is perhaps a bit more popular but I think it would make a lovely sibset with the nickname [name_m]Xander[/name_m]/[name_m]Zander[/name_m] to avoid the [name_u]Max[/name_u]-[name_u]Alex[/name_u] issue.