A sibling for Harry and Tilly

I have a boy, [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Otis[/name_m] (makes for [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] and [name_m]Otis[/name_m] [name_m]Redding[/name_m]) and a girl, [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] (named for [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] Wormwood and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] Baudelaire).
We are pregnant again (bit of a surprise!) and I am a bit stuck on a sibling name as we put so much thought into the first two! Our last name is [name_m]Walsh[/name_m].

For a boy I love [name_u]August[/name_u] but am stuck on middle names! For a girl we like [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Luna[/name_f] / [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f].

Would love to hear some suggestions or ideas as I’m losing sleep!

Are there any other characters you’d want to incorporate into the names? Making a list of those might help you in finding a middle name for [name_u]August[/name_u]. Between your two girl names, I have to go with [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]. I love the way the name looks, and I think it sounds lovely with the last name [name_m]Walsh[/name_m]. It suits your other children’s names perfectly as well.
As a suggestion for a middle for [name_u]August[/name_u], I think [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Peter[/name_m] (for [name_m]Peter[/name_m] Pevensie) is very handsome.
Good luck, and congrats on the baby! (Also, I absolutely love the literary twist to your children’s names!)

1 Like

I love daisy [name_f]Luna[/name_f] but I don’t know if the double [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] mention is good or not. Also I suppose most people don’t jump to lovegood when hearing [name_f]Luna[/name_f].

August and [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] are perfect with [name_u]Harry[/name_u] and [name_f]Tilly[/name_f]! It’s hard to choose between [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Luna[/name_f] and [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] but I’m leaning slightly towards [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Luna[/name_f] for its whimsical sound.

August [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Hudson[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Huck[/name_m]/Huckleberry
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Boone[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Charlie[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Clifford[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Julian[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Peter[/name_m] (seconding!)
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Laurence[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Clarence[/name_m]

Congratulations!

I love [name_u]Harry[/name_u] and [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] together. It can be very difficult coming up with a name that is very meaningful to you especially when you hit the jackpot twice!

I love [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] and they pair well with your older two.

Did you have any names you considered for [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] or [name_u]Harry[/name_u]? Maybe you can revisit those. I think it would be great to give the next baby a literary name to tie them to their siblings.

I’m not sure what your favorite books are or characters, but here’s what I came up with. I’ll add more tomorrow since I’m about to go to bed.

August [name_u]Scout[/name_u] ([name_u]Harper[/name_u] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] book)-forgot which one haha
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Gale[/name_u] (Hunger Games)
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Noah[/name_u] (Notebook)
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Peter[/name_m] ([name_f]Narnia[/name_f])
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Holden[/name_u] (Catcher in the [name_u]Rye[/name_u])
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] ([name_f]Narnia[/name_f])
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Cullen[/name_m] ([name_u]Twilight[/name_u])
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] ([name_u]Twilight[/name_u])
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Clay[/name_m] (13 Reasons why)
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] ([name_u]Charlie[/name_u] and the Chocolate Factory)
You could also consider [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] from The Fault in our Stars.

Daisy [name_f]Luna[/name_f] doesn’t sound like it flows well to me. [name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] sounds better. Im not also a big fan of two word names together. [name_f]Flower[/name_f] and the moon. Here are some ideas

Daisy [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] (Gone With the Wind)
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] ([name_f]Ramona[/name_f] and Beezus or [name_f]Junie[/name_f] B [name_m]Jones[/name_m])
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] ([name_f]Ramona[/name_f] and Beezus)
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] (His Dark Materials)
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_u]Arya[/name_u] (Game is Thrones)
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] ([name_f]Junie[/name_f] B [name_m]Jones[/name_m])
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] (Charlottes web)
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_u]Jo[/name_u] ([name_m]Little[/name_m] Women)
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] ([name_f]Alice[/name_f] in Wonderland)

I hope that helps!

I think [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] works best with sibset

Your kids have such lovely names! I love that they’re inspired by literary characters.

My daughter’s name was nearly [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] after the character and I plan on using it in the middle spot if I have another daughter (it’s popularity is preventing me from using it in the first name spot next time around). [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] is the other middle I’d use if [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] doesn’t work - after [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] Belacqua from His Dark Materials.

Anyway, I’d be super curious to see what you ultimately went with!

Wow thanks for all the responses!
We had a healthy baby girl in [name_f]May[/name_f] and decided to call her [name_u]Remi[/name_u] [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f].
I was set on [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] for months but had a number of people make comments of how [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] is a good name for a cow…

1 Like

Congratulations, she has a lovely name!