A Sibset of Birds?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone, so I’ve a question: [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think it would be weird to have a sibset that were all bird names? All my favourite names at the moment are birds. So, for example, would [name_f]Linnet[/name_f], [name_f]Robyn[/name_f], [name_f]Lark[/name_f] and [name_u]Wren[/name_u] be too much? Thanks for your opinions!

Of course, do what you want, but personally it’s a bit hokey. I have a feeling that five years from now you’re going to regret what you think is cute at present. However, no one is in a position to tell others what to do, just offer suggestions or advice.

[name_f]Linnet[/name_f] is a bird name? [name_f]Robyn[/name_f], [name_u]Wren[/name_u] and [name_f]Lark[/name_f] are indeed too much for me. Maybe you can choose subtle names or foreign names to make a theme. [name_f]Linnet[/name_f] and [name_f]Alouette[/name_f] maybe?

Yeah, foreign bird names could work, like [name_f]Paloma[/name_f], [name_u]Columba[/name_u], Falco, Éinín (ay-neen,

I think its cute but you’d kinda have to plan ahead as you limit yourself to names that way

I’d like [name_f]Mavis[/name_f] and [name_u]Wren[/name_u] together. I probably wouldn’t do it if I had more than 2 children? I’d alternate the others with other nature names like [name_f]Willow[/name_f] and [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]. [name_f]Mavis[/name_f], [name_u]Wren[/name_u], [name_f]Willow[/name_f] and [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] would be cute :slight_smile:

Sure, why not? I think themed sibsets can be endearing. I’m not big on worrying about sibsets unless the names are very close together in sound or spellings (I’ve seen medical errors due to similar spellings particularly with twins)

I wouldn’t do it personally, but I don’t think it’s any weirder than the families with a [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f] and [name_f]Willow[/name_f], or an [name_f]Evie[/name_f], [name_m]Edward[/name_m] and [name_u]Elliott[/name_u]. Those sibsets would be unlikely to raise an eyebrow, since botanical names are more widely used than bird names and initial themes are quite common, but it’s the same principle.

As long as you’re not boxing yourself into a corner (e.g. do you like enough bird names for boys?), I say go for it if those are the names you love. I’m always a little bit wary of themes though personally, because people do sometimes come to feel “trapped” by the theme they’ve created, choosing names to fit the pattern rather than feeling free just to go with what they love best.