A sister for Alaina and Juliet

Hi! Due Nov 20 with my 3rd baby girl and wanted to know thoughts on the name we’ve chosen:

Coraline [name_f]Claire[/name_f]

(nn [name_f]Cora[/name_f], [name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_u]Coco[/name_u], CC)

Big sisters are [name_f]Alaina[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f]. Is the name too unusual/associated with the movie? Personally I love it but wanted to know other opinions. We would mostly call her [name_f]Coraline[/name_f] but use the nicknames listed occasionally. The other name we had was [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] but it didn’t really mesh with her siblings names.

Open to other middle name ideas!! We would love to be able to call her CC which is why I picked [name_f]Claire[/name_f]!

First of all, [name_f]Coraline[/name_f] is my favorite movie, so I did immidiately think of the movie. BUT I think the association with the movie is a very good thing, since [name_f]Coraline[/name_f] is a brave herione. It’s almost like a scaled down version of naming your kid [name_f]Elsa[/name_f], which most people don’t consider to be a problem. [name_f]Coraline[/name_f] does seem a little more bass@ss than [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and [name_f]Alaina[/name_f], but I honestly think that’s a good thing, because I don’t think sibling names should follow a theme.

1 Like

I think that [name_f]Coraline[/name_f] is very very closely connected to the movie. It also doesn’t seem to really fit with the sister names. What about [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_f]Corina[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f], or [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]? In the end, of course, go with the name that you love!

1 Like

Coraline [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is adorable and I really like [name_u]Coco[/name_u] and CC.

1 Like

I’m not a big fan of alliteration names because they sound a little awkward to me, but if you love it, you should go for it.

1 Like

I do think that [name_f]Coraline[/name_f] is associated with the movie BUT I honestly don’t think it would be more of an association that [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is with [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you get a lot of comments along those lines about her name and, if so, do that bother you?

I think [name_f]Coraline[/name_f] is gorgeous! I’d consider it myself but it’s too close to my cousin’s name.

1 Like

It’s funny she doesn’t get a lot of [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] comments. Most people just want to spell it [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] so I tell them it’s spelled like [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]…haha! Thanks so much for getting back!!

Coraline [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is beautiful! I love the nn [name_u]Coco[/name_u] and [name_f]Cora[/name_f]!

1 Like

Thank you!!

Any suggestions for other middle names that might sound better? We probably call her [name_f]Cora[/name_f] a lot and coco maybe when she’s little.

Coraline is gorgeous and sounds great with big sisters! I don’t think it’s too tied to the movie.

Thought about [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]! Not sure if I can get my husband on board with that but would go well with [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] since it is a [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m] name. Could she still be called [name_f]Cora[/name_f]? [name_f]My[/name_f] husband loves that nickname. [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] might be a little too popular for my taste but I do agree it’s a beautiful name!