A sister for Charlotte - input needed!

Our first daughter is [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Suzanne[/name_f] (middle is after my mom), and we’re looking for a name for our second due in [name_u]August[/name_u]. Her middle name will be [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] (loo-sha) (after her great-grandmother). We like names that sound strong, feminine, and classic. Nothing too trendy. Front runner is [name_f]Emma[/name_f] but I hate that it’s so popular!

What would be your pick from our shortlist? Would also love to hear your suggestions for other names!

[name_f]Emma[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f]
[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_u]Ainsley[/name_u]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]

Thanks!

Hmm. Of your list, I think [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_f]Emma[/name_f], and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] are the best matches with [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]–familiar, classic, and youthful. If you want something a little more unusual, then [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] and [name_f]Florence[/name_f] are also sort of equal in vibe to [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. The only two I wouldn’t use are [name_u]Ainsley[/name_u] (too trendy next to classic, elegant [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]) and [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] (gorgeous, but it completely outshines [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], especially with an unusual MN like [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]!)

I would say either [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] with the nickname [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] or [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] with the nickname [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]. Otherwise, [name_f]Florence[/name_f].

[name_f]Hannah[/name_f] and [name_f]Florence[/name_f] are my favorites on your list. I don’t think [name_f]Pippa[/name_f], [name_u]Ainsley[/name_u], and [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] work well with [name_f]Lucia[/name_f].

Some suggestions:
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]

[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] are two favourites of mine, so my vote goes to [name_f]Florence[/name_f] ([name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] is gorgeous!), but I’d also vote for [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]!

I feel your pain on [name_f]Emma[/name_f]; lovely name and deservedly popular. My suggestions for a first name to pair with the gorgeous [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]:

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] (if you like alliteration)
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Jessamy[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] (not quite classic, but beautiful nonetheless)
[name_f]Magdalen[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] ([name_u]Romy[/name_u] is a possible nickname)
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Adrianne[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]

I like [name_f]Florence[/name_f] best from your list. Other suggestions:

[name_f]Emme[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]

I’d say [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] flow best with the mn [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]. I’d avoid [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] and [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] and [name_f]Emma[/name_f], not because they aren’t awesome, but the flow is bad with the middle [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] ([name_f]Pippa[/name_f] is too short, sounds when said together Pippaloosha & Tallullah [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] has the repeated [name_f]Lu[/name_f] sound and ending A sound, [name_f]Emma[/name_f] has the same thing as [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] Emmaloosha). [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] flows okay, but borderlines on the same issue that [name_f]Emma[/name_f] and [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] have. I think [name_u]Ainsley[/name_u] is too trendy with [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], which is more classic.
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] would be so cute and goes well with [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], they both have the elegant flair to them, have built in nns ([name_f]Florence[/name_f] could be [name_f]Flo[/name_f], [name_f]Flossie[/name_f], [name_f]Florie[/name_f], [name_u]Wren[/name_u]/[name_u]Ren[/name_u]). [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] goes well too, having the cuteness and style that [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] has (they’re both on trend).

[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cosima[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_u]Seren[/name_u] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]

With [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]:

[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]

Thanks everyone for the input! I’m loving [name_f]Florence[/name_f], but hate the nns! Interesting to read that so many find[name_u]Ainsley[/name_u] trendy - to me it sounded traditional. 6 wks to decide… :confused:

From your list I would do [name_u]Ainsley[/name_u]
[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] has too many Ls and “uh” sounds
good luck

I like [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] the best with [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], but I don’t like [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]. [name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] is gorgeous, however, and also goes very well with [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Suzanne[/name_f].

[name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] is beautiful

With [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], I like [name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]. I am not a big fan of [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] so I’m going to go with [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Florence[/name_f] as a sibset! Very lovely.

Another vote for [name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]!

What about using [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] as the first name? [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] are gorgeous together, and [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] and [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] are super cute! If that’s a no go, I would choose [name_f]FLorence[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] and have her nn be [name_f]Flower[/name_f] - like [name_f]Flor[/name_f]/florist/fleur - flower! I also think Flicka might be a cute nn for [name_f]Florence[/name_f]. Otherwise, just on first names, I like [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Talullah[/name_f] together, but I agree [name_f]Talullah[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] is too much. [name_f]Talullah[/name_f] [name_u]Ainsley[/name_u] would be cute, though! Good luck!

[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] would be really pretty! Or [name_f]Emmaline[/name_f] as the first name - [name_f]Emmaline[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]!

My dream set for sisters would be [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f].

Other suggestions:
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Emily[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]

I would initially pick [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] but I don’t think it fits well with [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] – too many Ls.
I like [name_u]Ainsley[/name_u] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f].