A sister for Dexter

My baby girl is due in just under 4 weeks and we’re really struggling to decide on a name to go with our son [name]Dexter[/name]. Which do you think fits best?

[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Kitty[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Kitty[/name]
[name]Tess[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name] [name]Lucy[/name]

Thanks!

Rua

It really depends on your surname, but I love [name]Tabitha[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Kitty[/name] :slight_smile: I also think [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Violet[/name] would be nice.

Our surname sounds fine with all the names, [name]Kitty[/name] slightly less than the others but it still sounds fine. We really like [name]Lucy[/name] but its already in use in my family, so its out unless as a middle name unfortunately! Thanks for your opinion :slight_smile:

I like [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Violet[/name] the best with [name]Dexter[/name]. I prefer [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Kate[/name] i/o [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Kitty[/name]. Although I’m not a fan of the first name, [name]Tabitha[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] would also be a good pairing with [name]Dexter[/name]. Best wishes to you!

[quote=“rua”]My baby girl is due in just under 4 weeks and we’re really struggling to decide on a name to go with our son Dexter. Which do you think fits best?

This is a great short list!

Matilda Violet- beautiful
Kitty Violet- I prefer kitty in the mn spot since it is more of a nn
Eliza Kitty- Eliza is one of my very favorites, I also love Eliza Tess
Tess Eliza- love this too
Tabitha Lucy-charming, great flow!

Thanks!

Rua[/quote}

I love [name]Dexter[/name]! One of my favorites! YOu cannot go wrong in my opinion with [name]Matilda[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Tess[/name] or [name]Tabitha[/name]
Here of some of my favorite vintage girls names to go w/ [name]Dexter[/name] and could also work as mn options if you’re still looking:
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Augusta[/name] nn [name]Gussie[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] nn [name]Bea[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name] nn [name]Clio[/name], [name]Mina[/name], [name]Minnie[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]-nn [name]Eve[/name]/[name]Evie[/name]
[name]Hope[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] nn [name]Josie[/name]. [name]Posie[/name], [name]Effie[/name]
[name]Minerva[/name] nn [name]Minnie[/name]
[name]Opal[/name]
[name]Philippa[/name] nn [name]Pippa[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Zenobia[/name]
[name]Zora[/name]

Thank you so much for your replies! I think it will come down to [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Tabitha[/name] in the end - just trying to choose between them now!

kashed22, thanks for the name suggestions. Some lovely names there, unfortunately a few ([name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name]) clash with our surname or else [name]Beatrice[/name] would have been my #1 choice.

Thanks again for taking the time to give your opinions, much appreciated! :slight_smile:

I think that [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Tabitha[/name] are great with [name]Dexter[/name]! I’m sorry to say, but I’m not a big fan of your other options. Good luck!

Thanks for your reply! I think it will be one of those two now :slight_smile:

I love both [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Tabitha[/name]. Sorry I know thats not much help.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Tabitha[/name]. Great names! I prefer [name]Matilda[/name] with [name]Dexter[/name]. I think that stronger consonant sound goes better with [name]Dexter[/name]. I also like the flow of “[name]Dexter[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name]” more than “[name]Dexter[/name] and [name]Tabitha[/name]”. You’ll be saying both names together a lot and I just think [name]Dexter[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] go better together. (I had to really think about it because I love both names so much and either would be great!) Congratulations!

Yes, I think that [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Dexter[/name] suit each other very well.

I love [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Tess[/name] with [name]Dexter[/name]. [name]Both[/name] are spunky and upbeat and fit prefectly with [name]Dexter[/name]. [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Tabitha[/name] feel a little to heavy next to [name]Dexter[/name], while [name]Kitty[/name] seems too juvenile.

I love [name]Matilda[/name] with [name]Dexter[/name], so that definitely gets my vote!

I love [name]Matilda[/name] with [name]Dexter[/name]! [name]Both[/name] are charming, a bit old-fashioned but definitely stylish and have cute nicknames. [name]Tabitha[/name] is beautiful as well, but for some reason I really picture [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Dexter[/name] as siblings. Good luck!