a sister for edward, charles and annabel!

We just had a little girl last week and we named her [name]Annabel[/name]. Her brother’s name is [name]Colin[/name]. Two of the names that we were thinking of were [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Amelia[/name], so those two would definitely get my vote! :slight_smile:

I agree! What about [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] Molner or [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Claire[/name] Molner?

i love all of the suggestions, thank you. i am due 10 wks from tomorrow so want to decide soon! my husband says no to eleanor molner (loves eleanor but not w molner) and doesn’t want emma OR louisa either…
a few more ideas:
beatrix…how does everyone feel about beatrix vs beatrice?
eloise
lucy
elizabeth …nn elsie (as opposed to eliza)
lily
poppy
georgina
daisy

re charlotte as a middle name: it doesn’t bother me as a middle name in context of already having a son w charles as a first name. yes, i agree probably too much as a first name but i think a middle name of charlotte is ok, i hope! i would still consider other options but do love this name.

funny! i love annabel , don’t you? were you going to do eliza alone or as a nickname for elizabeth?

beatrix…how does everyone feel about beatrix vs beatrice?: I personally think [name]Beatrix[/name] is spunky yet elegant, and [name]Beatrice[/name] lacks the spunk but retains the elegance. (I’m a [name]Beatrix[/name] fan!) :slight_smile:

eloise: Oh, I love this name, [name]Naomi[/name]! I think of “[name]Eloise[/name] at the Plaza.” This name, like [name]Beatrix[/name], is totally spunky to me–yet elegant, too. Like [name]Beatrix[/name], I can see it on a bubbly little girl and a sophisticated attorney.

lucy: I think [name]Lucy[/name] is great!
elizabeth …nn elsie (as opposed to eliza): I love [name]Elizabeth[/name], but I don’t think it has the oomph of an [name]Annabel[/name], [name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], or [name]Lucy[/name].

lily: I love [name]Lily[/name]'s classic elegance, but it’s really, really overused these days.

poppy: VERY peppy, but one that I don’t think ages well. I think it’s a great nickname for [name]Penelope[/name], or as a middle name.

georgina: I really like [name]Georgina[/name], but have to admit that I’m more of a [name]Georgia[/name]/[name]Georgiana[/name] person.

daisy: I really like [name]Daisy[/name]. It has [name]Poppy[/name]'s spunk to me, but is a tad more refined, if that makes sense. I like it as a nickname for [name]Margaret[/name], but I’m one who doesn’t mind it on its own.

From your list (I love them all), I’m voting for [name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name].

:slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name]:

[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]

jill- your opinion is really starting to count for me…thank you!
i think i like beatrix, eloise and lucy best too. daisy as well…i didn’t know it was a nickname for margaret, i n which case maybe we’d go w margaret, nickname daisy (daisy does seem like a nn to me)

now remember molner is the last name: i think all 3 of these work w molner, do you agree? definitely better than my former eleanor and emma.

i would think you’d be against eloise FOR ME bc the eloise and annabel (-el factor ) would be bothersome (doesn’t bother me, but again i value your opinion!)
AND…does having a lucy and charlie in the same family bother you (ie peanuts association)

funny! i love annabel , don’t you? were you going to do eliza alone or as a nickname for elizabeth?[/quote]

I do love [name]Annabel[/name]–and actually, it was barely even on our list. I loved the name but I really liked the nickname [name]Belle[/name] and I have a couple of friends with [name]Bella[/name]'s, so I thought I didn’t want to use it. But she just looked like an [name]Annabel[/name]. We’ll call her [name]Anna[/name] for short if we do decide to use a nickname, but so far we’ve just been calling her [name]Annabel[/name] and it fits her.

We were going to use [name]Eliza[/name] as her full name. I love [name]Elizabeth[/name] but there’s the “too popular” issue. And I still adore [name]Eliza[/name]. I know you said your husband is against [name]Eleanor[/name], but what about [name]Nora[/name] for a nickname? That is another one we considered.

Also, I love [name]Beatrix[/name]. I know a couple that named their daughter [name]Beatrix[/name] and they call her [name]Trixie[/name]. A little too stripper-esque for me, but I do think [name]Trixie[/name] on a little girl is really cute. What about [name]Cecilia[/name] (nn [name]Celia[/name]) or just plain [name]Celia[/name]? That was another name we loved…

You’ll have to tell me what you end up choosing, because we obviously have similar taste in names and it might inspire me, should we have another girl someday! :slight_smile:

You’re welcome! :slight_smile: [name]Beatrix[/name] Molner, [name]Eloise[/name] Molner, and [name]Lucy[/name] Molner all work for me. :slight_smile: (I’m so relived you aren’t using [name]Eleanor[/name] or [name]Emma[/name] with Molner!)

Whoa! I forgot about your little [name]Charlie[/name] with a [name]Lucy[/name]! Yes, that’s pretty Peanuts to me, but on the bright side, you do have two other kids with non-Peanuts names in the mix, so that dilutes the Peanuts a bit. But if the Peanuts thing bothers you, I’d go with [name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], or something else.

Yeah, I do have that -el issue (I first realized it when [name]Warren[/name] Beatty and [name]Annette[/name] Bening named their girls [name]Isabel[/name] and [name]Ella[/name], and I couldn’t say the combo!), but what’s important here, is that YOU don’t have the issue. I personally wouldn’t use [name]Annabel[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name], but this is your baby, and I knew you didn’t care about the -el issue. :slight_smile:

[name]Daisy[/name] is both a flower name (sorry, I don’t mean to be [name]Captain[/name] Obvious here) and a nickname for [name]Margaret[/name]. [name]Maisie[/name] is another [name]Margaret[/name] nickname, and I think [name]Maisie[/name] Molner, short for [name]Margaret[/name], sounds fantastic! :slight_smile:

You honestly can’t go wrong with the names you’re considering, and like someone just said, I can’t wait to see what you choose! :slight_smile:

i vote for beatrice or beatrix or eloise :slight_smile:

As soon as I read the subject, before I clicked on your post and saw your list, one name immediately came to me:

[name]BEATRICE[/name]!

[name]Love[/name], love, love your names! [name]Beatrice[/name] is the absolute perfect name! I like [name]Beatrice[/name] better than [name]Beatrix[/name] - it sounds softer, more feminine, more elegant.

[name]BEATRICE[/name]! [name]Teddy[/name], [name]Charlie[/name], [name]Annabel[/name], and [name]Beatrice[/name]. [name]Love[/name] it!