[name]Dorothea[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Theodora[/name]
[name]Verity[/name]
[name]Xanthe[/name]

I love your first two daughters names! They perfectly balance the old classic antiquey name with out old lady syndrome!

[name]Agatha[/name]- I love it, but I don’t think it’s shed the grandma flavor yet
[name]Clementine[/name]- adorable!
[name]Dorothea[/name]- Beautiful. [name]Dory[/name] or [name]Thea[/name] are perfect nns, and it’s a gorgeous stand alone
[name]Dorothy[/name]- I like it, but not as much as [name]Dorothea[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]- Not a fan. I don’t like any of the nns, and I know plenty of people that can’t hear the difference between [name]Francis[/name] and [name]Frances[/name]. If it’s a family name, I say use it as a middle or find a cute substitute with a similar sound, initial, or meaning. [name]Florence[/name], maybe?
[name]Imogen[/name]- [name]Love[/name]!
[name]Josephine[/name]- Pretty, but doesn’t have the wow factor
[name]Theodora[/name]- My favorite on your list. [name]Theo[/name], [name]Thea[/name], [name]Dora[/name], [name]Dory[/name], and [name]Teddy[/name] are adorable nicknames. Again, a great stand alone
[name]Verity[/name]- So pretty. I also like [name]Vera[/name].
[name]Xanthe[/name]- Doesnt fit in with the rest of your list.

[name]Agatha[/name]-- I really like this name, although sadly I’m not a huge fan of the nn [name]Aggie[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name] – Big fan
[name]Dorothea[/name] – I like this, but I actually like [name]Dorothy[/name] better
[name]Dorothy[/name] – I like [name]Dorothy[/name], [name]Dot[/name] and [name]Dottie[/name] are adorable nns, although I’m not 100% sure its the best fit with your other girls
[name]Frances[/name] – Nice name, but falls a little short of some of your other choices [name]IMO[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name] – Again, I really like this, but I think the style is a little different than your other girls
[name]Josephine[/name] – I love this name
[name]Theodora[/name] – very similar thoughts to [name]Dorothea[/name]
[name]Verity[/name] – see [name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Xanthe[/name] – This was my ‘almost name’ so I’ve always been partial

Overall, I think that [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] would be the best match for your other girls names who have such classic names. Second round pick would be [name]Dorothy[/name].

Good luck!

You have two great names for your daughters! I love them! [name]Do[/name] they go by nicknames at all? I think that would influence my opinions on the 3rd name.

[name]Agatha[/name] - Not as pretty as the first two names, and I don’t like the [name]Aggie[/name] nickname.
[name]Clementine[/name] - Adorable name, I’m just not sure if she would get called [name]Clem[/name]?
[name]Dorothea[/name] - Like, but I might prefer the more streamlined [name]Dorothy[/name].
[name]Dorothy[/name] - I like this name, and I think [name]Dot[/name] and [name]Dottie[/name] are very cute.
[name]Frances[/name] - I prefer [name]Francesca[/name], but again I don’t like the nicknames for either name, so these names are out for me.
[name]Imogen[/name] - Like
[name]Josephine[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it, we are considering it. This is one of my favorite names. I think it fits perfectly with the first two.
[name]Theodora[/name] - This is a great name, I love it.
[name]Verity[/name] - I don’t think this fits as well, it sounds more Puritan and less British/[name]Austen[/name]-esque to me.
[name]Xanthe[/name] - I don’t think this fits with [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name].

My top picks are [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Theodora[/name]. I also like [name]Catherine[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name], [name]Cecilia[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Georgina[/name], [name]Georgiana[/name], [name]Florence[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Virginia[/name] with your first two.

I think [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name] are really lovely!

[name]Agatha[/name] - I’m afraid it still reminds me of a little old lady…or a certain author of murder mystery novels!!

[name]Clementine[/name] - I like it, but it runs the risk of a “fruity” nickname at school

[name]Dorothea[/name]- Beautiful, and matches [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name] perfectly

[name]Dorothy[/name] - why use this instead of [name]Dorothea[/name]? That could always be shortened to [name]Dorothy[/name], after all!

[name]Frances[/name] - Hmm. I just don’t think it is quite pretty enough to go with [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name]!

[name]Imogen[/name] - It is nice, but always reminds me of “images”

[name]Josephine[/name] - No. I’m sorry, I do not like it!

[name]Theodora[/name]- Absolutely lovely. Perfect with E. and B. And it has great nicknames : )

[name]Verity[/name] - I adore it! Really pretty, and flows very well with E. and B. Possible nn is “Very” - lovely!

[name]Xanthe[/name] - Very pretty, but I think some of the other names sort of flow better with [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name] : )

So, my favourites are
[name]Verity[/name], [name]Dorothea[/name] and [name]Theodora[/name].
[name]How[/name] about [name]Verity[/name] [name]Theodora[/name], [name]Theodora[/name] [name]Verity[/name] or [name]Verity[/name] [name]Dorothea[/name]?

Good luck! [name]Hope[/name] I’ve helped : )

I love [name]Dorothy[/name] with [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name]! It gives me just the same feel - a bit serious and old-fashioned, but with cute nn’s and a little spunky independence.

Oh, I hope you pick [name]Dorothy[/name]! I think it’s perfect with [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name], and I much prefer it to [name]Dorothea[/name] and [name]Theodora[/name]. [name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Beatrice[/name], and [name]Dorothy[/name] are all underused classics. [name]Dorothea[/name] and [name]Theodora[/name] are more vintage than classic. I especially am not a very big [name]Theodora[/name] fan because it loses all of [name]Dorothy[/name]'s cutest nicknames, namely [name]Dot[/name], [name]Dottie[/name], and [name]Dolly[/name]. I dunno if it’s because I have a son named [name]Teddy[/name] or what, but I find [name]Teddy[/name] on a boy cute and [name]Teddy[/name] on a girl overly sweet and cutesy, so it feels infantile.

I also like [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name] with [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name], but I love [name]Dorothy[/name] with them the most.

These are my favorites to go with [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name]:

[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]

Please, please use [name]Dorothy[/name]. [name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name] are PERFECT together!
They have similar vibes while being totally different names.

My favorites are [name]Imogen[/name] and (off your old list, I know, [name]Edith[/name]) and [name]Verity[/name] (nn [name]Vera[/name] is so sweet too and love [name]Vera[/name] by itself). [name]Do[/name] you have a set middle name? That might make a difference in my choices. I think I mentioned [name]Ottilie[/name], [name]Odelia[/name], [name]Odette[/name] or [name]Delia[/name] before as some other ideas but not sure if you saw that. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your reply! I thought I responded on the other board but sometimes my posts don’t show up. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong! Anyway, thank you for your comments and suggestions.

I hadn’t thought of [name]Vera[/name] as a nn for [name]Verity[/name] and I really like it. Part of the reason we picked [name]Eleanor[/name] was for all the great nn options. We didn’t choose one from the beginning because we didn’t really agree and thought we’d wait to see what fit. Turns out, she is an [name]Eleanor[/name]! Then, we picked [name]Beatrice[/name] not intending to use a nn and she’s usually [name]Bea[/name] and sometimes [name]Beebee[/name] (not sure how to spell the second one;-). Our son is [name]Reynolds[/name] (after his grandfather and great grandfather) nn [name]Rhett[/name]. He always goes by [name]Rhett[/name].

You suggested [name]Louisa[/name] in your other post, and I [name]LOVE[/name] it. Unfortunately, dh does not. He has come around on other names though so I’m not giving up. [name]Ottilie[/name] and [name]Odelia[/name] are nms and [name]Odette[/name] is very cool but rhymes with [name]Rhett[/name] (we love [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] but they’re out too!). [name]Cordelia[/name] has been on our list and although I love it, it might be a bit flowery for us. [name]Delia[/name] is pretty but maybe because we’ve discussed [name]Cordelia[/name] with each baby, it seems like a nn to me.

We don’t have a set middle name. There are a few meaningful family names we could use but I’m just not sure about them. They are [name]Grier[/name], [name]Celeste[/name], [name]Emilia[/name], [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Marie[/name]. What do you think? Would it be bad not to use a family name for a third girl when the other two do have meaningful family names? I adore [name]Eve[/name] and [name]Blythe[/name]. My wonderful grandfather is [name]Joseph[/name], so we could count [name]Josephine[/name] as a family name I suppose or is that cheating?

Sorry this is so long!

[name]Verity[/name] [name]Emilia[/name] is so sweet.
So is [name]Theodora[/name] [name]Grier[/name]
[name]Agatha[/name] [name]Eve[/name]

[name]IMO[/name] it wouldn’t be bad to not use a family name. You have definitely “done your duty” in using gorgeous, classic, and family oriented names. Then again, if you aren’t OK with it, try searching in a different way.
I can’t explain my family tradition very well, but basically, My middle name is [name]Mariel[/name] because my great grandmothers name was [name]Mildred[/name]. It’s gone for generations like that, and my family started doing that because they decided not all names are timeless. Another thing to do is take the meaning of one of the family names, and choose another name that matches it. And for [name]Mary[/name], well there are 1,001 variations, I think Nameberry even did a post on it!

Some combo ideas…
[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Vera[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Emilia[/name]
[name]Theodora[/name] [name]Grier[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Grier[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] (if your DH comes around to it) [name]Blythe[/name]

??

I think it is fine not to continue family names though I like that you choose to honor family and think it would be awesome to do so with the third girl. [name]Josephine[/name] would count as a family name I think so maybe would work in the middle spot?

[name]Verity[/name] [name]Celeste[/name] nn [name]Vera[/name] is adorable. I also really like sasham’s suggestion of [name]Theodora[/name] [name]Grier[/name] but think I like [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Grier[/name] even more.

I think [name]Xanthe[/name] and [name]Verity[/name] are a little out there compared to [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name].

[name]Clementine[/name] to me doesn’t have the same wholesome feel to me.

My top picks would be [name]Dorothea[/name], [name]Imogen[/name], [name]Josephine[/name], or [name]Agatha[/name]

I like [name]Frances[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] the best from your list. But I like [name]Frances[/name] with [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name] better than [name]Josephine[/name]. Good luck!