A sister for Finn? (hypothetical)

I know I already posted not too long ago about middle names for [name_f]Marlee[/name_f] for a girl. We’ve already discarded the name, and have gone back to old favorites. My mom got it in my head that it sounds like a dog and now I can’t get past it.

DH is Swedish/Scottish. I am Norwegian/Swedish. We are extremely proud of our heritage and we like names that reflect that.

[name_u]Finn[/name_u] is a long standing favorite of ours. If we ever end up with a son, he will be called [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. Or [name_u]Finley[/name_u] or [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m], that part is still up in the air. But [name_u]Finn[/name_u] nonetheless.

I love beautiful sounding sibsets. So given that we will (hopefully) at some point end up with a little boy called [name_u]Finn[/name_u], I’d like our girl’s names to go well with it. [name_m]Even[/name_m] if it means we have a girl first, and just hope for a little [name_u]Finn[/name_u], I’d still like to pick a girl’s name with [name_u]Finn[/name_u] in mind. I’m weird like that, I like to plan. Drives DH nuts lmao. We are 19 weeks and will be finding out soon whether baby is a boy or a girl. And I want to get personalized items, so we’re drawing close to decision time. Lol.

We had previously loved [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and Aila (pronounced like [name_f]Isla[/name_f], Scottish name meaning "from the strong place.)

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] I love, but I don’t know if [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_u]Finn[/name_u] sound okay together? Especially if [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] is to be a little girl. Aila and [name_u]Finn[/name_u], however, is absolutely perfect but I don’t know if Aila has the same allure as [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] does to me.

Bottom line and main question:
Would [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] or Aila be more suited as [name_u]Finn[/name_u]'s sister?
Any other names with meanings?

Aila and [name_u]Finn[/name_u] are adorable together!

[name_u]Finn[/name_u] and…
[name_f]Marnie[/name_f]
[name_u]Marlow[/name_u]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Aine[/name_f] (awn-ya)
[name_f]Heidi[/name_f]
[name_f]Orla[/name_f]
[name_f]Niamh[/name_f] (neev)
[name_f]Juno[/name_f]
[name_f]Ailsa[/name_f]
[name_f]Moira[/name_f]
[name_f]Anja[/name_f]
[name_f]Bethan[/name_f]
[name_u]Hadley[/name_u]

Really like [name_u]Eden[/name_u] and [name_f]Ailsa[/name_f]!

[name_u]Finn[/name_u] and Aila are lovely together!

[name_u]Finn[/name_u] and…

[name_f]Lyla[/name_f]
[name_u]Sailor[/name_u]
[name_u]Romy[/name_u]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_m]Clarke[/name_m]
[name_u]Rori[/name_u]
[name_u]Casey[/name_u]
[name_f]Lacey[/name_f]
[name_u]Storm[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f]

I feel like Aila would be better with [name_u]Finn[/name_u] (I, too, love [name_u]Finn[/name_u]!)

Since [name_u]Finn[/name_u] means “fair” or “white”…

[name_u]Teagan[/name_u] (fair)
Keelan (fair)
[name_u]Bevin[/name_u] (fair/white lady)
[name_u]Alva[/name_u] (white)
[name_f]Muireann[/name_f] (sea white/fair)
[name_f]Nuala[/name_f] (white shoulders)

Tell me if you like any of these, and that will help me find more!

I love [name_u]Finn[/name_u] and Aila! Here are some others:
[name_u]Finn[/name_u] &:

• [name_u]Ainsley[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Ayla[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Ava[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Addy[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
  • [name_u]Rain[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Ella[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Emma[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Jasmina[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Amber[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Amy[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Zara[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Bree[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Bryony[/name_f]
  • [name_u]Aspen[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Elisa[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Lilly[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Lilya[/name_f]

My favourites are [name_u]Aspen[/name_u],[name_u]Ainsley[/name_u], [name_f]Elisa[/name_f] and [name_f]Lilya[/name_f]. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps!(Sorry for any repeats!)

I like the [name_f]Isla[/name_f] spelling with [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_u]Finn[/name_u] are very cute together. [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] is nice too, I just think of it more as a boy’s name.

[name_f]Ailsa[/name_f] (fairy)
[name_f]Anja[/name_f] (grace)
[name_f]Annika[/name_f] (grace)
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f] (beautiful, beloved)
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] (field)
[name_f]Ebba[/name_f] (strong)
[name_f]Greer[/name_f] (watchful)
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] (flower)
[name_f]Liv[/name_f] (life)
[name_f]Thora[/name_f] (thunder)

I like Aila best and [name_u]Finn[/name_u] is adorable.

Other names to consider:

[name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_f]Aili[/name_f] (eye-lee)
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Annika[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Nia[/name_f] or [name_f]Nika[/name_f])
[name_f]Aina[/name_f]
[name_f]Elin[/name_f]
[name_f]Gala[/name_f]
[name_f]Lena[/name_f]
[name_f]Nea[/name_f]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m]

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] is easily my favorite! I hope to one day have a little girl named [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] of my own. I also adore [name_u]Finn[/name_u] and I have a couple [name_u]Finn[/name_u]- names on my list. I think [name_u]Finn[/name_u] and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] sound great together! I also think [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] sounds better with [name_u]Piper[/name_u]. FWIW, my first 3 associations with [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] are girls.

Aila is also pretty but I read it like ay-la at first. I don’t think Aila goes better with [name_u]Finn[/name_u] than [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] though so I think if [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] has more allure to you, then that seems like the obvious choice.