A Sister for Hazel and Wren

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone!

[name_m]Long[/name_m] time lurker here finally joining for real since I’m truly stuck for a name for our third. We have two daughters already, [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] and [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_f]Carolyn[/name_f] (called Wren). We’ve narrowed it down to a few top choices, but are hoping for some help in deciding on “the one”. I really love flowery names that sound almost fairy-like, whereas my husband likes things a bit more streamlined and “cool”. Our last name is one syllable and starts with a B.

[name_f]Clover[/name_f] - As you can tell, we really love the nature names and I think the idea of a little [name_f]Clover[/name_f] is just darling. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think it’s too out there though? [name_m]Will[/name_m] it age well?
[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Clover[/name_f] - Similar to above, but with a more “formal” first name that she can go by later if she chooses. I also think it could be cute as a double name.
[name_f]Calla[/name_f] - I LOVE this name, I think I’m just hesitant because the one [name_f]Calla[/name_f] I’ve known was a girl in middle school who wasn’t very nice.
[name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] - One of my all-time favorites, but I can’t figure out if it sounds “right” with [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_u]Wren[/name_u].
[name_f]Lilia[/name_f] - Another nature name
[name_f]Thessaly[/name_f] - This is my wild card, guilty pleasure, but I tend to get in my head about how it sounds with our other two!

Other names we love but can’t use: [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_f]Gemma[/name_f], [name_u]Dove[/name_u], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], and [name_u]Tierney[/name_u]

We’ve used family names for middles so far, so would love to keep that going. Here’s some I’d like to use: [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Isabel[/name_f], and [name_f]Beth[/name_f].

For a short list, that got pretty long, so thank you for sticking around! I’d greatly appreciate any feedback/insight on the names I have listed, or even some suggestions that you think we might like. Thanks so much for any and all help!

3 Likes

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_u]Wren[/name_u], & [name_f]Clover[/name_f] Would be ADORABLE!!!

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_u]Wren[/name_u] and [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] :heart_eyes: [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] also works really well and Clover’s really nice imagery!

Some Suggestions ~
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] (Although with [name_u]June[/name_u] as an mn, not sure)
[name_u]Willow[/name_u]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]

Calla is my favourite from your list, I’m loving Calla Beth! Not sure if something longer would work better though
Sabrina Beth would be nice, or Lilia Dorothy

I love [name_f]Thessaly[/name_f] for you!

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_u]Wren[/name_u], & ________:

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Clover[/name_f] [name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] [name_f]Dot[/name_f] “Rory”
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] [name_f]Anna[/name_f] “Calla”
[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f] “Maggie” “Nola”
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] (Isabel + [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] )
[name_f]Farrah[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u]
[name_f]Tamsin[/name_f] [name_f]Beth[/name_f]

[name_f]Calla[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] and [name_f]Calla[/name_f] [name_f]Beth[/name_f] are BEAUTIFUL. I like [name_f]Calla[/name_f] the most because it’s nature related but not directly “I was named after a plant” ya know? [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_u]Wren[/name_u], & [name_f]Calla[/name_f] make wonderful siblings but really all of your names are gorgeous :heart_eyes:

Thank you so much for your feedback! [name_f]Calla[/name_f] [name_f]Beth[/name_f] is gorgeous and I do still really love [name_f]Clover[/name_f] too. I also love the suggestions of [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]!

I forgot to add it to the list earlier, but I stumbled across [name_f]Yara[/name_f] the other day and LOVE that as well.

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_u]Wren[/name_u] & [name_f]Calla[/name_f] is stunning! For what it counts, the only [name_f]Calla[/name_f] I know is a very kind person.

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] and [name_f]Calla[/name_f]!

[name_f]Lilia[/name_f] and [name_f]Calla[/name_f] are my favourites from your list. Have you considered [name_f]Flora[/name_f]?

[name_f]Calla[/name_f] and [name_f]Clover[/name_f] are darling with [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and Wren!!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Your daughters’ names are lovely.

Here are my thoughts for a little sister-

Clover-It’s so sweet. I don’t think that it’s too out there at all. I love it w/your crew, & I kind of think that it’s a good balance of fairly like & streamlined cool.

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] Clover-This is nice too. It kind of sparkles up the not terribly exciting (but a good classic!) [name_f]Anna[/name_f]. I’m not usually a fan of double names, but [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Clover[/name_f] really is pretty sweet & unexpected.

Calla-Ha, that’s amazing that you’ve met a [name_f]Calla[/name_f] before. I guess if you still love the name, the mean girl must not have bothered you that much. I really like it, but something about it seems incomplete. I like Callalilie, but I’m not sure it’s a name…maybe [name_f]Camellia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Calla[/name_f]? [name_f]Camilla[/name_f] nn [name_f]Calla[/name_f]? [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] nn Calla?!

Sabrina-Oh, I think that it’s just fine w/Hazel & [name_u]Wren[/name_u]. It’s less nature-y, but it’s kind of posh & girly & sleek but cuddly at the same time. Well known but not terribly over done. I’d so go for it if it’s one of your favorites.

Lilia-My personal favorite from your list. It’s smart & polished, but mysterious & very much fairy!

Thessaly-It’s a bit much in my opinion. Kind of hard to say & spell, but not an unpleasant sounding name.

Here are a few more that you may like:

[name_f]Annis[/name_f]

[name_f]Anais[/name_f]

[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]

[name_f]Aviva[/name_f]

[name_f]Azalea[/name_f]

[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]

[name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f]

[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]

[name_f]Coraline[/name_f]

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]

[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]

[name_f]Delia[/name_f]

[name_f]Eve[/name_f]

[name_f]Esme[/name_f]

[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]

[name_f]Eve[/name_f]

[name_f]Flora[/name_f]

[name_f]Greta[/name_f]

[name_u]Indigo[/name_u]

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]

[name_f]Juno[/name_f]

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]

[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]

[name_f]Lila[/name_f]

[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]

[name_f]Niamh[/name_f]

[name_f]Olive[/name_f]

[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]

[name_f]Primrose[/name_f]

[name_f]Salome[/name_f]

[name_f]Thea[/name_f]

[name_f]Violet[/name_f]

[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

I really like [name_f]Calla[/name_f], on its own and with your daughters’ names. You might also like [name_f]Calista[/name_f] as the full name and [name_f]Calla[/name_f] as the nickname? (In case your association with the other [name_f]Calla[/name_f] remains too strong or causes you any hesitation.)

Ok I LOVE [name_f]Calla[/name_f] and it’s even more amazing with those sisters. [name_f]Yara[/name_f] is also very nice.

[name_f]Clover[/name_f] is super sweet but seems a little “cutesy” next to her sisters.

Good luck!

[name_f]Clover[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]! I love this combination and think [name_f]Clover[/name_f] is gorgeous with your daughters’ names. And I personally think it ages well; in fact, the only [name_f]Clover[/name_f] I know is a grown woman, a political figure where I live. [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] would be my second choice.

Great list! I like [name_f]Clover[/name_f] and if it’s the one you love, use it! [name_f]Clover[/name_f] [name_f]Beth[/name_f] is cute! I also like [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Clover[/name_f]. They sound really cute together! If you need to work a family name in there, [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Clover[/name_f] would be cute! [name_f]Calla[/name_f] [name_f]Beth[/name_f] and [name_f]Calla[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] sound really cute! I understand your hesitation on [name_f]Calla[/name_f], but ultimately it’s up to you if you feel comfortable using it. I think [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_u]Wren[/name_u], and [name_f]Thessaly[/name_f] sound lovely together. I’m all being bold and using a guilty pleasure name! You could call her [name_f]Tess[/name_f], [name_f]Tessa[/name_f], [name_f]Essie[/name_f], or [name_f]Aly[/name_f] if you want a more conventional nickname! [name_u]Happy[/name_u] naming!

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] “Wren” are so sweet! Here are my thoughts on your list:

[name_f]Clover[/name_f]–I love this, and I don’t find it too “out there” at all! I think it fits beautifully with your daughters’ names.
[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Clover[/name_f]–I’m not usually a huge fan of double names, but this is adorable! I love it as [name_f]Clover[/name_f] [name_f]Anna[/name_f] too (although I’d be less inclined to use that version as a double name–I prefer that as a first-middle combo).
[name_f]Calla[/name_f]–I really like this, and I especially love it with your sibset! I think it really just depends whether you think you could fully move past the association.
[name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]–This isn’t my personal favorite from your list, but it’s a very cool name and definitely gets extra points for being a long-time love! If the sibset issue is the only thing holding you back–I think it works perfectly fine with your older girls’ names.
[name_f]Lilia[/name_f]–Also not my personal favorite, but definitely very pretty! And it’s grown on me a bit recently. I really like it with your daughters’ names!
[name_f]Thessaly[/name_f]–Distinctive and unexpected! It does feel a bit different in vibe from your other two, but I don’t think that’s a big deal if you love it. [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_u]Wren[/name_u] and [name_f]Tess[/name_f] would be adorable if you’re into the idea of another nickname!

Overall, I think [name_f]Clover[/name_f] [name_f]Anna[/name_f] or [name_f]Clover[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] is my favorite option for you! I also love [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Clover[/name_f] or [name_f]Calla[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]!

I adore [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_u]Wren[/name_u] ! [name_u]Wren[/name_u] is such a cute nickname for [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] !

[name_f]Thessaly[/name_f] [name_f]Beth[/name_f]
[name_f]Calla[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Clover[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] or [name_f]Clover[/name_f] [name_f]Beth[/name_f]