A sister for Iris Juliet

I’m pregnant with a baby girl. Big sister is [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]. We had a loss in between the two and her name was [name_f]Libby[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]. Our last name starts with “N” so no names ending with N.

I like the names [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] (nickname [name_f]Zuzu[/name_f]), [name_f]Violet[/name_f], and [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. Considering the combination [name_f]Zuzu[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. Also considering putting [name_f]Violet[/name_f] as the first name, but am worried that then [name_f]Iris[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] will appear as a flower theme and that would leave out [name_f]Libby[/name_f] (we talk about her a lot and don’t want to make her seem like an afterthought, if that makes sense.)

Would love opinions on these names and also suggestions or other ideas of names/combos that would go well with [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and [name_f]Libby[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f].

Thanks!!!

1 Like

I’m liking [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] nn ZuZu. Another option would be [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] or [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] nn [name_f]Zuzu[/name_f]. [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] would be a nice tie between the nature name of [name_f]Iris[/name_f] and the virtue name of [name_f]Grace[/name_f] – a gem name and Pearls of [name_u]Wisdom[/name_u].

I don’t think naming this daughter [name_f]Violet[/name_f] will ever make [name_f]Libby[/name_f] seem like an afterthought. That you carried her, chose a name specially for her, talk of her often and continue to keep her memory alive shows the important place she has in your family. The similarities or differences between her name and your other daughter’s names don’t come into it. [name_m]Just[/name_m] like if you choose a name that shares some sounds with [name_f]Libby[/name_f], it wouldn’t be leaving [name_f]Iris[/name_f] out.

I think the intention or reason for choosing a name matters more than the actual similarities or differences themselves, so unless you told me otherwise, I would assume you chose all your daughters names because you loved the names or they held significant meaning for you. The flower connection between [name_f]Iris[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] would sound like a coincidence, nothing more. So please don’t let that thought hold you back if you want to use [name_f]Violet[/name_f] as a first name.

Now onto the names themselves. [name_f]Susannah[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] all work well in your sibling set. The styles are very compatible. I only hesitate with [name_f]Violet[/name_f] because of the strong vowel sound it shares the with [name_f]Iris[/name_f], especially since it’s the first syllable in both that is stressed. I like all the mix and match combinations you can make with these three names. [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] is just a bit tricky to pronounce with the two ‘L’ sounds.

Here are some other suggestions you might like in the traditional and vintage styles: [name_f]Mabel[/name_f], [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], [name_f]Helena[/name_f], [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_f]Edith[/name_f], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_f]Ruth[/name_f], [name_f]Norah[/name_f], [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f], [name_f]Esther[/name_f], [name_u]Camille[/name_u], [name_f]Ada[/name_f], [name_f]Miriam[/name_f], [name_f]Naomi[/name_f], [name_f]Faye[/name_f], [name_f]Jemima[/name_f], [name_f]Esme[/name_f], [name_f]Vera[/name_f], [name_f]Tessa[/name_f], [name_f]Martha[/name_f]

All the best with your search and decision!

2 Likes

I am so very sorry for you loss. It absolutely makes sense to consider both children when selecting a name for your third.

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] is a personal favourite of mine, as is [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] (fabulous choice!). Although [name_f]Zuzu[/name_f] is a gorgeous nickname, my vote is for [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. It doesn’t get much prettier than that.

Wishing you all the best! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] you find the perfect name for your little girl :slight_smile:

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is beautiful!
I’d personally avoid [name_f]Violet[/name_f] as a first name as it creates a theme which you don’t want and also [name_f]Iris[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] share that same I sound.

With [name_f]Iris[/name_f] and [name_f]Libby[/name_f], I’ll also suggest

[name_f]Zara[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Cara[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]

I think the suggestion of [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is just beautiful. It’s lovely with both [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and [name_f]Libby[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]. :blush:

1 Like

I like [name_f]Susannah[/name_f], although I slightly prefer the shorter spelling of [name_f]Susanna[/name_f]/[name_f]Suzanna[/name_f]/[name_f]Suzanne[/name_f] alongside [name_f]Iris[/name_f] and [name_f]Libby[/name_f]. Other suggestions…

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]

I am so sorry for your loss. Your girls’ names are pure perfection, individually and as a set; from your list/previous posters’ suggestions, I love [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] for their sister. Some other names that your daughters’ names and your list remind me of:

[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Delia[/name_f]

I like [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. Some other suggestions:

[name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Leah[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]

Thank you for the feedback! I appreciate all the thoughtful responses. I especially love the suggestions of [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], [name_f]Stella[/name_f], and [name_f]Willa[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I definitely have some work ahead of us in coming to an agreement on a name- he is feeling okay with [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f], but not in love with either combination. Luckily, I’m 11 weeks pregnant so we have some time to figure it out.

1 Like

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] would be beautiful!
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], [name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and [name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] would be gorgeous too.

More ideas:
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Bryony[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Petal[/name_f]
[name_u]Sky[/name_u]
[name_u]Nova[/name_u]
[name_f]Serena[/name_f]
[name_f]Hope[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]