A sister for Layla

I am stuggling for an equally unique-but-not-unheard-of name for our second daughter. So far I have the following:
[name]Silvia[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name]
[name]Elena[/name]
[name]Mira[/name]
[name]Lennon[/name]
Any suggestions?

[name]Amina[/name]*
[name]Mirah[/name]*
[name]Mona[/name]
[name]Naima[/name]
[name]Nuria[/name]
[name]Salma[/name]*
[name]Soraya[/name]
[name]Zahara[/name]*
[name]Zarina[/name]

I love [name]Layla[/name]! It’s so beautiful and I love the song too:)

From your list:
[name]Silvia[/name] - The known spelling is [name]Sylvia[/name] and I’m not sure this fits with [name]Layla[/name].

[name]Cassia[/name] - Are you pronouncing this [name]CASH[/name]-uh or [name]Cass[/name]-ee-ah? I prefer [name]CASH[/name]-uh and I think [name]Layla[/name] and [name]Cassia[/name] make a cute sib-set.

[name]Elena[/name] - Very pretty but with the same ‘[name]LAY[/name]’ sound I think it’s to similar to [name]Layla[/name].

[name]Mira[/name] - I think this could encounter pronunciation issues also but aside from that, it’s very pretty and I think it sounds sweet with [name]Layla[/name].

[name]Lennon[/name] - With reference to [name]John[/name]? I like it as a name but don’t think it works with [name]Layla[/name] because [name]Layla[/name] is very feminine and [name]Lennon[/name] is quite unisex, maybe even more masculine.

So my favourites are [name]Cassia[/name] and [name]Mira[/name]. Some others you might like:

[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Martha[/name]
[name]Rita[/name]
[name]Aja[/name]
[name]Althea[/name]
[name]Amanda[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Sharona[/name]
[name]Vera[/name]

Good [name]Luck[/name]:slight_smile:

• [name]Charlie[/name]

Of the names that you are considering, I think [name]Mira[/name] is the best. [name]Layla[/name] and [name]Mira[/name] sound lovely together.

The only other name that sprang to mind was [name]Amara[/name]. [name]Layla[/name] and [name]Amara[/name]…nice!

I like [name]Layla[/name] and [name]Mira[/name]!

Here’s a few other ideas:
[name]Layla[/name] and [name]June[/name]
[name]Layla[/name] and [name]Maren[/name]
[name]Layla[/name] and [name]Astra[/name]
[name]Layla[/name] and [name]Neve[/name]
[name]Layla[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Layla[/name] and [name]Aura[/name]

Good luck!

Definitely [name]Mira[/name]!

Thanks so much for the suggestions - lemon, I do plan on pronouncing [name]Cassia[/name] cass-ia (not cash-ia). But I agree, I think I have it narrowed down to [name]Mira[/name] and [name]Cassia[/name]. [name]How[/name] will I choose?!?!

You should pick [name]Mira[/name] because [name]Cassia[/name] has these pronunciation issues, and also runs the risk of being transformed into [name]Cassie[/name] which is not so pretty.

[name]Layla[/name] and [name]Mira[/name]!