A sister for Lola! (with poll)

See the results of this poll: How would you name the little sister of Lola Meredith?

Respondents: 82 (This poll is closed)

• Clara: 9 (11%)
  • Judith: 2 (2%)
  • Mara: 1 (1%)
  • Matilda: 11 (13%)
  • Millie: 5 (6%)
  • Mira: 9 (11%)
  • Poppy: 23 (28%)
  • Scarlett: 22 (27%)

I’m not too familiar with Dutch pronunciation, so I’m sorry if any of them are off target!

[name]Zara[/name]
[name]Pia[/name]
[name]Nina[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Sabrina[/name]
[name]Coco[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]

Middles:
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name]

I think [name]Zara[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] or [name]Nina[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] would be perfect with [name]Lola[/name] [name]Meredith[/name]!

Thanks for the suggestions, oldsienna!

[name]Zara[/name]: although we like this name, we immediately identified with the famous clothing chain…
[name]Pia[/name]: not a fan of the name
[name]Nina[/name]: the name is too popular for us in our home country
[name]Clara[/name]: goes on the list! Not sure about the middle name though. Maybe [name]Clara[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] or [name]Clara[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]?
[name]Iris[/name]: we don’t like the name
[name]Matilda[/name]: goes on the list! What about [name]Lou[/name] as a middle name?
[name]Sabrina[/name]: don’t like the name
[name]Coco[/name]: same
[name]Poppy[/name]: goes on the list! And again not sure about a middle name that goes with [name]Poppy[/name].
[name]Eva[/name]: too popular in the US and in our home country

I love [name]Clara[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]! [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Lou[/name] is cute, but the “[name]Lou[/name]” does make me think of “loo” (toilet) when it’s said out loud. I’m Australian though so you might not have this problem where you live. [name]How[/name] about [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Louise[/name] or [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Lucia[/name]?

I like [name]Caroline[/name] as a middle with [name]Poppy[/name], as I think it really grounds the name, just like [name]Meredith[/name] grounds [name]Lola[/name]. What do you think about [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Catherine[/name], [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Helena[/name], or [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Renata[/name] (I’ve seen this name on the message boards a couple of times lately and I really like it!)?

[name]Hi[/name] oldsienna,
Thanks again for your kind reply. We’re currently living in New [name]York[/name], but most of our friends and families live in Belgium. That’s why we’re looking for an international name. You’re right that [name]Lou[/name] does sound like ‘loo’. In our home country we wouldn’t have that problem though. On the other hand, we don’t frequently use a middle name, so I guess it isn’t a big deal after all? [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Louise[/name] ([name]Louisa[/name]?) and [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Lucia[/name] are quite nice alternatives though! With [name]Poppy[/name] we would go with [name]Helena[/name] as middle name. Really like the sound of that.

What do you guys think about [name]Eleanor[/name] or [name]Judith[/name]?

up

I think it would be very cool to meet a little [name]Judith[/name]–you don’t hear that one very often (at least where I live). [name]Judith[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] is lovely. [name]Clara[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Louise[/name] are my other favorites from your list. Actually, [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] is very sweet too, so I think you can’t go wrong with any of these names!

Thank you for your comment, katybug! If you have any other suggestions, please go ahead.

I like both [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Judith[/name], though I slightly prefer [name]Eleanor[/name]. I’d be a bit worried that it’s quite unbalanced with [name]Lola[/name] though, being longer and clunkier. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Nora[/name], instead? [name]Lola[/name] [name]Meredith[/name] and [name]Nora[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] is a gorgeous sibset!

Of course, if you love [name]Eleanor[/name] then go for it. :slight_smile:

[name]Eleanor[/name] is my favorite girls’ name of all time, but I think she sounds too similar to [name]Lola[/name] to be her sister.

From your list, I like [name]Clara[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Judith[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] best!

I would like to suggest:

[name]Tessa[/name]

Maybe [name]Tessa[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] or [name]Tessa[/name] [name]Louise[/name]?

Off your list I think [name]Clara[/name] is best matched with [name]Lola[/name], followed by [name]Poppy[/name]. [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Judith[/name] feels a little to heavy along side [name]Lola[/name] imo. [name]Clara[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] are lovely.

Others you might like:
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Mara[/name]
[name]Greta[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Mira[/name]
[name]Petra[/name]
[name]Aria[/name]

I like [name]Eleanor[/name] but [name]Lola[/name] seems like it could be a nn for it, so I wouldn’t name sisters [name]Lola[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name]. I like pp’s idea of [name]Nora[/name] though.

[name]Clara[/name] - pretty name but gaining in popularity. Also, a little serious next to playful [name]Lola[/name]. [name]Clara[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] is a beautiful combo

[name]Poppy[/name] - really like it for you - [name]Poppy[/name] and [name]Lola[/name] are perfect sisters! [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] or [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] are pretty. I like [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] too.

[name]Judith[/name] - too serious and old-sounding to me

[name]Matilda[/name] - one of my favorite names ever since I read [name]Roald[/name] Dahl’s book but I don’t really like it with [name]Lola[/name]. What about [name]Tilda[/name]?

I love [name]Lola[/name] sososo much!! So much, that it is probably at the top of my list right now. The second name (or well…nickname really but it works as a name too) on my list is [name]Milly[/name] and i think it works perfectly for you! [name]Lola[/name] & [name]Milly[/name] - perfection!

If you wanted a longer name, i saw someone suggested [name]Matilda[/name] which could work as a full name for [name]Milly[/name], or my personal favorites [name]Camille[/name] or [name]Romilly[/name]!

[name]Hope[/name] this helps!

[name]Hi[/name]! Since [name]Lola[/name] is spunky and has a modern, carefree, sensual feel, I think [name]Poppy[/name] matches it best from the choices on your list. [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Helena[/name] is gorgeous! I truly love the other names on your list but feel they are a bit too traditional and stuff to go with first name [name]Lola[/name], which originated as a nn for [name]Dolores[/name]. For example, instead of [name]Judith[/name] I think [name]Juno[/name] or [name]June[/name] would be a better fit, [name]Cleo[/name] instead of [name]Clara[/name], etc. [name]Poppy[/name] and [name]Lola[/name] are adorable together. I also like how they have different endings and sounds.

Some suggestions, sorry for repeats:

[name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Jessamy[/name]/[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Neve[/name]
[name]Romy[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]
[name]Polly[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name] (may-v)
[name]Esme[/name] (ez-mae)
[name]Maisie[/name]
[name]Nico[/name]
[name]Sasha[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Margot[/name]/[name]Margo[/name]
[name]Dara[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Zora[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]/[name]Amabel[/name]
[name]Mamie[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]May[/name]/[name]Mae[/name]

[name]Love[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Helena[/name]!! [name]Tess[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Eden[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] are a couple other suggestions.

Well, my grandmother’s name was [name]Lola[/name] and she had a sister named [name]Eleanor[/name], so this seems a natural sibling set to me!!

[name]Eleanor[/name] is a lovely name on it’s own and has lots of beautiful nicknames.

I think [name]Poppy[/name] goes great with [name]Lola[/name]! Although, all of your choices are great. I love [name]Helena[/name] too, but to me it sounds like a first name. [name]How[/name] about…

[name]Poppy[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]

Thanks a lot for your comments and suggestions!

Oldsienna, that’s my fear too, [name]Eleanor[/name] (and [name]Judith[/name] for that matter) are totally different names than [name]Lola[/name]. I know they will not be see as a ‘set’ most of their lives, but still… I like [name]Nora[/name], but it’s a bit too popular in Belgium and maybe it’s not that different from [name]Lola[/name]?

[name]Garnet[/name], we don’t really like the name [name]Tessa[/name], but thanks for the suggestion anyhow!

Missalice, thanks for your suggestions! [name]Mara[/name] and [name]Mira[/name] are on our list! What do you suggest as a middle name? We were thinking about [name]Mara[/name]/[name]Mira[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]? And we like [name]Freya[/name] too, but one of my best friends is called [name]Freya[/name].

Gwensmom, I always have the feeling that [name]Tilda[/name] is not a real name, like it’s missing something (but maybe that’s just me…)

Asophie1, [name]Milly[/name] is great, but I think I prefer it as [name]Millie[/name]. Not sure about a middle name to go with [name]Millie[/name] though.

Kashed22, I really like [name]Scarlett[/name] from your list, but again not sure about a middle name though.

Onelove19, thank you for your suggestions, but we have a very short last name, so a one-syllable name like [name]Tess[/name] is unfortunately not an option. We don’t like the name [name]Eden[/name] that much.

Belatrix, so cool your grandmother’s name was [name]Lola[/name]. Was it her nickname or truly her first name?

caty_beth89, thanks for your suggestions on a middle name with [name]Poppy[/name]. We really like [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]/Josphine or [name]Matilda[/name].

[name]Hi[/name]! So glad you like [name]Scarlett[/name]. I think there is a myriad of middle names to go with it. With a 2 syl 1st name and short ln I would focus on a 3 or 4 syllable mn like you did with [name]Meredith[/name]. I included some of the classic mn’s you have been considering. It may also be neat to use a welsh mn to tie her in with her sister. I think [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Guinevere[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Gwendolen[/name] are very pretty.

Here is a huge list have fun!
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Amelie[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Angelica[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Antonia[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Diana[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Dorothea[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Estrella[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Eugenie[/name] (eu zhay nee)
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Jemima[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Jessamy[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Keziah[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Leonora[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Louella[/name]/[name]Louisa[/name]/[name]Lucinda[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Madeline[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Mirabel[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Paloma[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Romilly[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Theodora[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Wilhelmina[/name]/[name]Willamina[/name]