A sister for Luna (poll)

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Would love some help with my new longlist :slight_smile:

• Aurora
  • Sunday
  • Maia
  • Autumn
  • Wren
  • Ines
  • Juniper
  • Juno
  • Ottilie
  • Aster
  • Thea
  • Indigo
  • Noa
0 voters
Summary

Blockquote

Blockquote

1 Like

I wanted to pick more than two T^T
I voted [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_f]Maia[/name_f], but I also really like [name_u]Juniper[/name_u].

I wanted to vote for most of these names, But I finally chose [name_f]Ines[/name_f] and [name_f]Sunday[/name_f]. [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] doesn’t specifically match [name_f]Luna[/name_f] but [name_f]Ines[/name_f] [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] is beautiful!

Thank you! Having the hardest time deciding…love all three of these as well!

Oh [name_f]Ines[/name_f] [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] is dreamy, thank you. I really wish I could use all these names!

I tried to vote for about six :sweat_smile: such good choices!

some more detailed thoughts if you want them

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] - love this, it’s themey with [name_f]Luna[/name_f] but honestly I don’t mind it
[name_f]Ines[/name_f] - don’t feel strongly one way or the other
[name_f]Maia[/name_f] - same as above
[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] - really like this name, it’s incredibly popular where I live but it does sound really smart with [name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Sunday[/name_f] - love the shared letters without being rhymey! Sweet way to connect them
[name_f]Thea[/name_f] - gives me autumnal cosy imagery which works really well with the night sky imagery of [name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u] - probably my favourite with [name_f]Luna[/name_f] tbh, absolutely 10/10. Both short and evocative nature names without being too ‘word-y’ - [name_f]Luna[/name_f] and [name_u]Wren[/name_u] ahh just such an amazing pair
[name_u]Aster[/name_u] - I feel like if I met sisters [name_f]Luna[/name_f] and [name_u]Aster[/name_u] I’d be confused over whether I’d misheard/misspelled [name_f]Astra[/name_f]? Otherwise it has nice floral but not frilly vibes
[name_f]Autumn[/name_f] - really like this with [name_f]Luna[/name_f]!
[name_u]Indigo[/name_u] - together they give off quite a hippie vibe
[name_u]Juno[/name_u] - strongly dislike as a pair with [name_f]Luna[/name_f], too similar
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] - same as [name_u]Juno[/name_u], the repeated sound is too rhymey which is a shame as it’s really nice
[name_u]Noa[/name_u] - no strong feelings, I don’t love it

Thank you, this is so helpful! I wanted to try and avoid a popular name, but I realised quite a few of the unique ones I like from the first time around are now working their way up the charts! I love [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], was worried it was too themed, but the NN [name_u]Rory[/name_u] is so sweet. [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] I didn’t realise was so popular, but that’s good to know. Again I think [name_u]Ottie[/name_u] or [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] would be cute nicknames. I always envisioned another short name going with [name_f]Luna[/name_f] (like Wren!), but I do love those slightly longer names too.
I do think [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] and [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] are both really sweet too. It’s going to be very hard to choose :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Oh I agree, [name_u]Rory[/name_u] and [name_f]Luna[/name_f] / [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] and [name_f]Luna[/name_f] are both super cute! It depends where you are with [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f], I’m in the U.K. and it’s the current top girl name in [name_u]London[/name_u] I think, but doesn’t rank in [name_u]America[/name_u] (yet!).

Also, just realised the ‘moon and sun’ connection with [name_f]Luna[/name_f] and [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] and I feel like it should make me dislike the pairing but actually I just like it more :see_no_evil:

[name_f]Thea[/name_f] and [name_f]Maia[/name_f] feel right :slight_smile:

That actually hadn’t occurred to be either, although it does make me like it more too :white_heart:
We had [name_f]Soleil[/name_f] on the list as a potential middle, but it would depend on what first name we end up going with.

[name_u]Rory[/name_u] and [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] both do sound good with [name_f]Luna[/name_f], and I had no idea [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] was no. 1 in the UK. Thank you!

Both short and sweet goddess names :slight_smile:
I was worried they are both becoming a little popular, but I do really like them!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Maia[/name_f]. It’s on my own list spelled [name_f]Maya[/name_f]. I also picked [name_f]Autumn[/name_f]. I think both go well with [name_f]Luna[/name_f].

Thank you :slight_smile:
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you pronounce [name_f]Maya[/name_f] the same as [name_f]Maia[/name_f]?

I’ve voted [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] , not on your list but I like [name_f]Iris[/name_f] with [name_f]Luna[/name_f].

Both have the sky connection too :full_moon::rainbow:

[name_f]Luna[/name_f], [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] and [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] as a sister set would make me swoon! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Yes!

i really like [name_f]Thea[/name_f], [name_u]Noa[/name_u], [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] and [name_f]Maia[/name_f] with [name_f]Luna[/name_f]

Oh I love these three together!!

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like