A sister for Malachi

So my sister called me today with a dilemma. When her son, [name]Malachi[/name] [name]Joshua[/name], gets to be a wee bit older, she wants to start trying for baby number two, but what on earth do you name a sister to [name]Malachi[/name]? They have picked [name]Ezekiel[/name] [name]David[/name] for a boy, although they aren’t set in stone, since there is plenty of time, but [name]Malachi[/name] really is hard to pair a girl name with. They have a 3 syllable last name, that starts with an S (which means they don’t want to end with an S). They are not married to Biblical names, although they obviously like them. Her favorite girl name is [name]Cordelia[/name] nn [name]Lia[/name], but she isn’t sure that sounds right with [name]Malachi[/name]. Her new favorite is [name]Farah[/name], after her husband’s grandmother. It really doesn’t sound right with [name]Malachi[/name], but maybe for a middle name?

Anyway, just thought some of you might have some great ideas. They are named [name]Joshua[/name] [name]Philip[/name] and [name]Katrina[/name] [name]Ellen[/name]. [name]Josh[/name] tends to like more common names, while [name]Kat[/name] likes sort-of unusual but heard of.

[name]Zipporah[/name]! [name]Malachi[/name] and [name]Zipporah[/name] - perfection :smiley: (I adore [name]Malachi[/name], by the way.)

I do think [name]Cordelia[/name] could work, actually, especially if your sister and her family are in the US - [name]Cordelia[/name] has the vintage vibe while [name]Malachi[/name] has Biblical, but when I think in terms of US history vintage and Biblical naming styles tend to blend together a bit, going back to perhaps the days of the Civil War. [name]Malachi[/name] and [name]Cordelia[/name] - great 19th century siblings, and absolutely stunning now.

[name]Auburn[/name]

Dang [name]Auburn[/name]! I was about to say [name]Zipporah[/name]! Totally the most obvious match! Haha, seriously [name]Malachi[/name] and Zippporah would be awesome together!

I also agree with [name]Auburn[/name] about [name]Cordelia[/name]. I definitely think they work together. And I absolutely love [name]Cordelia[/name]. :slight_smile:

Thanks guys! [name]Zipporah[/name] is pretty cool. She texted me this morning to say that her husband brought up Alethiea, which I [name]LOVE[/name], and said “What about some form of [name]Honor[/name] – like [name]Honora[/name]?”, which she then asked me to spell for her (her tries were [name]Onora[/name], which isn’t bad, and Annaura, which is hideous <G>).

They aren’t even ttc yet, but I’m glad they are having fun!

I love [name]Aletheia[/name]!!! [name]Love[/name] the sound and the meaning. Would be definitely my choice. I think [name]Honor[/name] is a great name, too.

Ohh, I love [name]Cordelia[/name] and [name]Malachi[/name]! [name]Malachi[/name] is one of my favorite boy names.

Those [name]Honor[/name] names just aren’t classy, [name]IMO[/name]. I’ll always think of that scrubs episode ( Scrubs Turk Likes the Name 'Honor' - YouTube ) but [name]Alethea[/name] is beautiful. It might be a bit much next to [name]Malachi[/name], though. [name]Althea[/name] or just [name]Thea[/name] might work.

[name]How[/name] about:
[name]Malachi[/name] and [name]Jana[/name]
[name]Malachi[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Malachi[/name] and [name]Rebecca[/name]
[name]Malachi[/name] and [name]Rosa[/name]
[name]Malachi[/name] and [name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Malachi[/name] and [name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Malachi[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Malachi[/name] and [name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Malachi[/name] and [name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Malachi[/name] and [name]Corrine[/name]
[name]Malachi[/name] and [name]Nora[/name]
[name]Malachi[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Malachi[/name] and [name]Delia[/name]

[name]Malachi[/name] is a great name!

For a female usual biblical name here is what I came up with:

[name]Tamara[/name]
[name]Kelila[/name]
[name]Kira[/name]
[name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Nira[/name]
[name]Odelia[/name]
[name]Raanana[/name] (pn [name]Ra[/name]-na-na)
[name]Sela[/name]
[name]Aliyah[/name]
[name]Zara[/name]
[name]Zohara[/name]

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Malachi[/name] is one of the best boys names in the Bible. Here are some sister sibsets.

[name]Malachi[/name] & [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Malachi[/name] & [name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Malachi[/name] & [name]Agatha[/name]
[name]Malachi[/name] & [name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Malachi[/name] & [name]Dinah[/name]
[name]Malachi[/name] & [name]Elisheva[/name]
[name]Malachi[/name] & [name]Esther[/name]
[name]Malachi[/name] & [name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Malachi[/name] & [name]Eve[/name]
[name]Malachi[/name] & [name]Hadassah[/name]
[name]Malachi[/name] & [name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Malachi[/name] & [name]Hephzibah[/name]