A sister for Marshall & Donovan

Hello!

I have 17m old twin boys ([name_m]Marshall[/name_m] [name_m]Gordon[/name_m] & [name_m]Donovan[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]) and we are expecting baby sister this [name_u]July[/name_u]. We’ve narrowed it down to two choices and I’m looking for opinions:

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]

or

[name_f]Summer[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]

Any opinions? I’m leaning towards [name_f]Iris[/name_f], and of course DH prefers [name_f]Summer[/name_f].

Hands down [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]. I love [name_f]Iris[/name_f] with your boys.

I prefer [name_f]Iris[/name_f]. But both are pretty. Congratulations!

I think [name_f]Summer[/name_f] fits better.

I think [name_f]Iris[/name_f] is lovely and goes with your sons’ names!

I feel like [name_f]Summer[/name_f] bridges the gap a little better. But I feel like both will work absolutely fine, just go with the one you love the most!

I love both, but considering [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] and [name_m]Donovan[/name_m], I think I would vote [name_f]Summer[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f].

Here’s another vote for [name_f]Iris[/name_f]. [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] is a beautiful name! I prefer [name_f]Iris[/name_f] and think it is more compatible with with brother names.

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] is really pretty.

I absolutely love the name [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], but I think [name_f]Summer[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] fits a bit better with [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] and [name_m]Donovan[/name_m] (great names, btw!).

I prefer [name_f]Iris[/name_f] the both are lovely. Maybe you could do [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Summer[/name_f] or [name_f]Summer[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f]??

I think [name_f]Iris[/name_f] fits better with the two boys names. [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] and [name_m]Donovan[/name_m] are both vintage, as is [name_f]Iris[/name_f].

[name_f]Susan[/name_f]

[name_f]Iris[/name_f], no contest for me.

I love the name [name_f]Iris[/name_f], but with your boys name I would say [name_f]Summer[/name_f] fits best :slight_smile:

Thank you for your thoughts! I prefer [name_f]Iris[/name_f] as a name independently, but I think [name_f]Summer[/name_f] works better with our boys names. We haven’t made a final decision yet but I think she’s likely going to be [name_f]Summer[/name_f].

[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] in the middle continues a theme we have with our boys middle names: [name_m]Gordon[/name_m] after [name_m]Gord[/name_m] Downie of the Tragically Hip, [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] after [name_m]Tom[/name_m] [name_m]Thompson[/name_m] a Canadian painter and a nod to the Hip song Three Pistols. [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] is another Hip song :slight_smile:

Congratulations!

[name_f]Summer[/name_f] does fit very nicely into your family. However, I find [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] absolutely enchanting and think it goes just fine with your boys’ names.

I really like both [name_f]Iris[/name_f] & [name_f]Summer[/name_f]; for me [name_f]Iris[/name_f] fits better w/[name_m]Marshall[/name_m] & [name_m]Donovan[/name_m].

I like [name_f]Summer[/name_f] much better than [name_f]Iris[/name_f] especially for a [name_u]July[/name_u] baby!
I only know one [name_f]Iris[/name_f] and the name was chosen because she was a spring baby, [name_f]April[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f].