A sister for Max and Ava

We have two wonderful kids now, [name]Max/name [name]Parker[/name], who is 9, and [name]Ava[/name] [name]Esme[/name]’, who is 7. (Named her [name]Esme[/name] loonnnnng before I started seeing it pop up everywhere!) We are now expecting a new baby in [name]April[/name], and I’m having a hard time finding a good “sister” name to go with my two. Our boys name has been selected, [name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]. These are the ones I/we are looking at:

[name]Marin[/name] [name]Irene[/name]
Marigny Ambrosine
[name]Ivey[/name] Ambrosine (or [name]Ivy[/name])
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Irene[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Sasha[/name]
[name]Dixie[/name] (DH hates this. But, incidentally, it’s his favorite beer…LOL)
[name]Vivi[/name] ([name]Vivienne[/name])

Are there any other suggestions? We still have a few more months. Also, we are from New Orleans, and were hoping to find a ‘[name]Louisiana[/name]’ name, even though we now live in NC. Our last name beings with ‘P.’

Thanks!
[name]Amy[/name]

[name]Love[/name], [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]! Excuse me while I go write that down…

[name]Marin[/name] [name]Irene[/name] - Not a big fan of [name]Marin[/name]. Maybe because I live in [name]Florida[/name], I automatically think “marine.”

Marigny Ambrosine - Is this pronounced marin-yee? If so, that’s pretty. But it seems way to exotic next to your other names.

[name]Ivey[/name] Ambrosine (or [name]Ivy[/name]) - I’d go with [name]Ivy[/name] out of the two. But I think [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Ava[/name] are just too close.

[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Irene[/name] - [name]Beatrice[/name] is one of my all-time favorites because I love the play Much [name]Ado[/name] About Nothing, but I just can’t see her here. She’s a little to 1900s for this group.

[name]Matilda[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]. Especially diggin’ [name]Tilda[/name] lately. Not the worst combo, not quite the best either. Maybe it’s a little too old lady cool than the hip [name]Max[/name] and [name]Ava[/name].

[name]Lily[/name] - This would be a great combo. I hear it’s popular now, though.

[name]Lila[/name] - Style-wise it’s a good fit. Not good if [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Lila[/name] ending in the same sound bothers you.

[name]Sasha[/name] - Seems a little too sassy next to [name]Max[/name] and [name]Ava[/name].

[name]Dixie[/name] (DH hates this. But, incidentally, it’s his favorite beer…LOL) - I personally have always had a soft spot for [name]Dixie[/name]. Though again, I can’t really see it with the more traditional [name]Max[/name] and [name]Ava[/name].

[name]Vivi[/name] ([name]Vivienne[/name]) - This would work, it’s a beautiful name. The echoing V’s in [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Vivi[/name] could be nice without being to matchy-matchy. This would also be a great way to hint at those New Orleans roots.

Some more options:

[name]Max[/name], [name]Ava[/name] & [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Max[/name], [name]Ava[/name] & [name]Evelyn[/name] nn. [name]Evie[/name]
[name]Max[/name], [name]Ava[/name] & [name]Helen[/name]
[name]Max[/name], [name]Ava[/name] & [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Max[/name], [name]Ava[/name] & [name]Julia[/name]
[name]Max[/name], [name]Ava[/name] & [name]Olive[/name]
[name]Max[/name], [name]Ava[/name] & [name]Simone[/name]

Would [name]Belle[/name] qualify as a [name]Louisiana[/name] name?

Otherwise [name]Louisa[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Mabel[/name], [name]Delphine[/name], [name]Tallulah[/name], [name]Stephanie[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name], [name]Victoria[/name], [name]Regina[/name].

[name]Matilda[/name] is a gorgeous name

I don’t think that [name]Marin[/name] goes with [name]Ava[/name] and it is a little too close to [name]Max[/name].

Although I feel it is a little unsubstantial would [name]Mignon[/name] be any good?

Also [name]Georgia[/name], [name]Evelyn[/name], [name]Lucille[/name], [name]Rose[/name].

Ambrosine sounds fanciful if you want a stand out name [name]Arabella[/name] would be beautiful.

Also [name]Allegra[/name] but you may not want 2 daughters with their names starting with an A.

I dislike [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Ivey[/name] is all wrong.

[name]Adeline[/name], [name]Adele[/name], [name]Annabelle[/name]

Nice to see [name]Irene[/name] in mn spot, but the style is very different to [name]Ava[/name].

The [name]Lily[/name]'s are nice but very popular and go well with [name]Ava[/name].

I lOVE viv!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Viv[/name] and [name]Vivi[/name] but i like the spelling [name]Vivian[/name] more.
[name]Nora[/name]?
also have a soft spot for [name]Clover[/name] (my grandmothers name)?
[name]Louisa[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Louise[/name]?
I think [name]Elizabeth[/name] is a fitting middle name.
As well as something like [name]Rose[/name], all classic.

[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Irene[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Sasha[/name] (although I’m not sure how well it goes with [name]Ava[/name]…maybe as a nn for [name]Alexandra[/name]?)

What about [name]Nola[/name] as a middle name? [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Nola[/name], [name]Lily[/name] [name]Nola[/name] or [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Nola[/name]…?
[name]Amy[/name]

What terrific, thoughtful replies! Thank you so much! I was really feeling like I was grasping at straws, not being sure if the names I liked made any sense with the rest of our family names.

I went over the list (and over, and over, and over) with DH, and we really felt drawn to a few new ones from your great suggestions. We love [name]Louisa[/name] (I always loved [name]Little[/name] Women…), and [name]Olive[/name]. We have an aquaintance that named their daughter “[name]Olive[/name] [name]Nola[/name]” – she was born after [name]Katrina[/name]. We thought it was really sweet, considering.

The mn [name]Irene[/name] is a must for us. It was my grandmother’s name. Ambrosine was an old Cajun name DH found and loved. Our new list now:

[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Irene[/name]
[name]Olive[/name] [name]Irene[/name]
[name]Lily[/name] [name]Irene[/name]

As sad as I am to let [name]Marin[/name] and Marigny go, I have also been worried about both names (either the association with [name]Marine[/name], or the name being mispronounced). Although, I did just realize that if we went with [name]Louisa[/name] or [name]Lily[/name], the initials would be LIP. LOL…can’t have it all, I guess.

What about [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Irene[/name]? I think it flows better than [name]Lily[/name] [name]Irene[/name], and [name]Lucy[/name] is adorable with [name]Max[/name] and [name]Ava[/name]! [name]Olive[/name] seems too unique with the semi-traditional, semi-hip names you have already chosen, and [name]Louisa[/name] seems a bit stuffy (though pretty) next to [name]Ava[/name]. I vote [name]Lucy[/name]!

[name]Lemon[/name] you are right [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Irene[/name] sounds great, the other suggestions didn’t seem to flow as well.

If you prefer a longer name just use [name]Lucinda[/name], but if it were me I would stay with [name]Lucy[/name].

[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Irene[/name] is a great fit! I’d say that’d be my first pick and [name]Olive[/name] my second.

Let’s hope that the poster is as enthusiastic as you and rollo! :slight_smile:

[name]How[/name] about [name]Max[/name], [name]Ava[/name], and [name]Ruby[/name]

[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Irene[/name] makes a great name

[name]Max[/name], [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Lily[/name] sounds perfect!

I do like [name]Lucy[/name], but one of our friends has a [name]Lucy[/name]. She is almost 8, so there would be no weird playdates with 2 lucy’s. Hmmm… I’m going to think about it! Didn’t even consider that one. DH is loving [name]Lily[/name]. His name? [name]Lyell[/name]. Too close? Or sweet? I go back and forth. That, and lily is #28 nationally. Not sure about NC. Have yet to meet a little [name]Lily[/name] here.

[name]Ava[/name] told my mom on the phone what she thought the names were. She is determined the girls name is [name]Ivy[/name] Ambrosine. I thought I was gonna die. :wink: good thing she was wrong…!

Although, forgot to mention, [name]Ava[/name] told my [name]MIL[/name] that the baby’s names were [name]Harry[/name] and [name]Hermione[/name], and [name]MIL[/name] believed her! LOL [name]Said[/name]
they were weird, but whatever we wanted…I know somewhere in LA, there is a blanket being monogrammed with [name]Hermione[/name]!

I think that [name]Lily[/name] is the name that would fit best with [name]Max[/name] and [name]Ava[/name]. I also like [name]Lia[/name] or [name]Zoe[/name]… I think that it shouldn’t be a too long name…

Curious to know how [name]Max[/name] and Avas Sibling is going to be called…