A sister for Rosemary Aline

[name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] and [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] are all absolutely stunning with [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I love [name_f]Florence[/name_f] nn [name_f]Flora[/name_f] but a close family relative used it for her dog :weary::rage::joy: I also love [name_f]Georgia[/name_f], but I think if I I ever had another girl using that would def rule out [name_f]Carolina[/name_f] as a possibility! I had not even considered [name_f]Annelise[/name_f] but after feeling it out today I feel like it’s a strong contender now! [name_m]Even[/name_m] my husband really likes it.

Luckily I don’t live in one of the Carolinas! I am in the south though, but I don’t think it’s too strong of a connection. [name_f]Carolina[/name_f] is definitely first on my list. It honors a close family member- my husband’s grandmother, and the baby is due within 10 days of her birthday, so it might just be meant to be. I love [name_f]Carolina[/name_f] [name_f]Elodie[/name_f]! Thanks for the input!

1 Like

Thank you! [name_f]Aline[/name_f] was my great grandmother’s name, and her maiden name was [name_u]Roux[/name_u], so definitely a [name_u]French[/name_u] origin for us.

I am really loving [name_f]Annelise[/name_f]. I love that it sounds double barreled but I don’t have to worry about the awkward hyphen situation on paperwork… similar to [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] now that I think about it. And I think [name_f]Annie[/name_f] would be a precious nickname. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband really likes it now too. When we were looking at the origin of it, he pointed out that the “[name_f]Lise[/name_f]” origin of [name_f]Annelise[/name_f] comes from [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], which is the name of his aunt, so it would actually be subtle honor name in a way. Thank you for the suggestion! I also forgot about [name_f]Susannah[/name_f], I need to think on that one as well.

1 Like

Thank you! [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] was actually my original pick for my first daughter before I got pregnant. For some reason [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] just suddenly spoke to us about midway through. I think I’m a little hesitant about it because [name_f]Stella[/name_f] is becoming so popular that I’m not sure I want to go that route with a potential nickname.

I do really like [name_f]Helena[/name_f] but my BFF is considering [name_f]Helen[/name_f] for her next girl.

Also- completely forgot that [name_f]Adele[/name_f] is a family name on my husband’s side. I need to at that one to my list! I’m thinking a potential middle name. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks! For some reason I don’t like the inevitable nickname [name_f]Addie[/name_f]. If I could guarantee she was always called [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], it would def be a top contender!

Thank you! I would love to use the name [name_f]Clara[/name_f] honestly, if only a relatively close friend had not used it a few years ago. It was the name of the grandmother who I stayed with daily as a young child and it would mean a lot to my family if I used it. I’m liking it as a middle name option but finding it hard to find first names that it goes well with. [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] seems to flow the best! Thanks!

Ahhh [name_f]Carolina[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Carolina[/name_f] [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] are definitely going on the short list now. Thanks!

I love [name_f]Carolina[/name_f]

1 Like

So I was loving the nn [name_u]Angel[/name_u] and then today my husband tells me he doesn’t like it :weary: I’m going to have to work on that one with him bc I agree, [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] and [name_f]Angeline[/name_f] sound darling together!

1 Like

You have a lot of good options! I really like [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] with [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] if you don’t mind not using a family name.

Evangeline [name_f]Clara[/name_f] nn [name_f]Evie[/name_f] or [name_f]Lina[/name_f]
[name_f]Carolina[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] nn [name_u]Caro[/name_u] or [name_f]Lina[/name_f]
[name_f]Carolina[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] nn [name_f]Cece[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Angeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Annamarie[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Camilla[/name_f] [name_f]Angeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]

1 Like

I love [name_f]Carolina[/name_f], [name_f]Cecelia[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f]-[name_f]Clara[/name_f], and [name_f]Anna[/name_f]-[name_u]Marie[/name_u]! All of those would be beautiful with the middle name [name_f]Clara[/name_f] or [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]:

Anna-[name_u]Marie[/name_u] [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Carolina[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecelia[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]-[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]

What about:

Amelia
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]

LMK what you think!!

1 Like

I also dislike that nickname
I know 2 [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]’s and they only go by the full name So didn’t think of that nn!

1 Like

I like [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]/Cecelia as well! I’m ok with not using a family name for one of the names, I would just need to use a family name for the middle name in this case. I prefer two syllable middle names I think. I wish [name_f]Cecelia[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] flowed nicely but it’s just not working for me. I just love the nickname [name_f]Cece[/name_f]!

Thank you for the suggestions! I think my favorite from the list is [name_f]Anna[/name_f]-[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]. I do love [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] but I worry it is too popular where I live, and I love [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]) but I worry it’s too trendy here as well. I also worry about “[name_f]Rosie[/name_f] and [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]” being too cliche/obviously floral, even though deep down I love it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] is a nice classic and I thought of the nickname [name_f]Mimi[/name_f] with that, but [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] is a currently-used close family friend’s name and I think they may be using [name_f]Mimi[/name_f] one day. [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and [name_f]Florence[/name_f] are lovely but they are actually dog names in our family. I think I will mull over [name_f]Anna[/name_f]-[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] for a bit and see if I can get past the high maintenance of a hyphen :joy: thanks!

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] family is big on nicknames, so I know they will inevitably happen, so I have to think of all those possibilities beforehand :joy:

Wow! That’s great taste in dog names! :dog:

1 Like

Haha I know, right? Slightly annoyed they used them on dogs :roll_eyes:

Hi all, I’m back :joy: Was wondering if I could get some thoughts on the name [name_f]Mirabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] to go with [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_f]Aline[/name_f]? [name_f]Clara[/name_f] being the family name but also the “belle” in [name_f]Mirabelle[/name_f] being a nod to my mother “[name_f]Belinda[/name_f].” I’m thinking “[name_f]Belle[/name_f]” as a nickname. Are the sounds “[name_f]Mira[/name_f]” and “[name_f]Mary[/name_f]” too close to each other?

1 Like

As a [name_f]Carolina[/name_f] (Car-oh-lee-nuh) just thought I’d pitch in to say the name is always pronounced as Car-oh-line-ah by Americans. Sometimes people don’t even know how to spell it when I talk over the phone and I have to say like [name_u]North[/name_u]/South [name_f]Carolina[/name_f].

I also get asked sometimes if I have any relation to the actual states (even though I’m based in Mexico) or the usual are you [name_u]North[/name_u] or [name_u]South[/name_u] [name_f]Carolina[/name_f]? Pretty innocent jokes tbh but it happens

Oh and also sometimes if I say it too fast it comes off as [name_f]Catalina[/name_f]. I do get tired of correcting people occasionally and I’ve gone by [name_f]Catalina[/name_f] :joy:

2 Likes