A sister for Wolf Benedikt

Please use these names only!

Adele, Amalie, Edith, Erika, Frida, Friederike, Irma, Isolde, Caroline, Lina, Osline, Wilhelmina, Greta / Gretta, Alice, Anneliese, Betta, Cecilia, Dorothea / Dörthe, Elisabeth, Elise, Elsa, Eva, Franziska, Irene, Josephine / Josefina, Jutta, Klara / Clara, Northilda / Northilde, Mathilda / Mathilde, Eleonora / Leonore, Lisbeth, Lotte, Marianne / Marianna, Maria / Marie, Pauline, Sophie, Ottilie, Margot, Lucie, Marta, Thea, Rita, Maja, e Lydia.

Context: Character is born in the 1910s of Germany and from an old family that used to be small nobility but now is still a good Catholic family.

Osline Fransiska

I’m not sure how “correct” you want the names to be, however, in some cases the -a ending didn’t show up until much later in [name_u]Germany[/name_u] (Josefina, [name_f]Eleonora[/name_f], [name_f]Marianna[/name_f], [name_f]Mathilda[/name_f], Cecilia).
Keeping that in mind and because short names where all the rage at the time, I’d go with…

[name_u]Wolf[/name_u] [name_m]Benedikt[/name_m] & [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] / [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Mathilde[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_u]Wolf[/name_u] [name_m]Benedikt[/name_m] and [name_f]Klara[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] or [name_u]Maria[/name_u] [name_f]Luise[/name_f]

I wonder what was more used, [name_f]Clara[/name_f] or [name_f]Klara[/name_f]?

1 Like

Likely both, sometimes even by the same people (literacy wasn’t super great at the time), however, if your character is an aristocrat, I think [name_f]Clara[/name_f] would be used as it’s the Latin spelling.

2 Likes

Oh! That is interesting. Again, sorry if I ask, was [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] used as this spelling? And would [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Liselotte[/name_f] or [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Lisbeth[/name_f] work realistically?

1 Like

[name_f]Isolde[/name_f] Marianne!!

1 Like

[name_m]Benedict[/name_m] would have been in use, definitely.
[name_f]Lisbeth[/name_f] would have likely been used as a nickname rather than a full name whereas [name_f]Lieselotte[/name_f] only gained usage in the 1910s and was popular during the 1920s; so a very uncommon choice for a girl born between 1890 and 1910.
However, it would make sense if the character had family members called [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] which the parents wanted to honour with the name.

2 Likes

[name_f]Franziska[/name_f] Osline

[name_f]Marta[/name_f] [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]

[name_f]Greta[/name_f] [name_f]Amelie[/name_f]

[name_f]Frida[/name_f] [name_f]Mathilde[/name_f]

Eva Mathilde

[name_f]Elsa[/name_f] [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]

greta leonore