A Sophia Replacement?

Sophia is one of the most common names for a girl that became super popular in the early 2000s. It’s been lingering for quite a long time now, do you guys think it’s it’s going out of style? If so, write a girl name that you think will be the new “[name_f]Sophia[/name_f]” in a couple of years.

My ideas:

Harper
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Bree[/name_f] (or [name_f]Brie[/name_f])
[name_u]Reagan[/name_u]

1 Like

I don’t know if either will reach #1, but I can see [name_f]Luna[/name_f] and [name_f]Mila[/name_f] continuing to grow in popularity, at least for a few more years!

I also think your guess of [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] is a good one!

1 Like

I can definitely see [name_f]Luna[/name_f] or [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]!!

3 Likes

I do think it’ll eventually fall out of style, but it’s probably still going to remain in the top 50 for at least 10+ more years. Maybe when all the [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]’s have children, it’ll finally fall out of style lol. I think [name_f]Luna[/name_f], [name_u]Nova[/name_u]/Nora, and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] will start becoming more and more popular.

1 Like

Olivia. :joy:

Clara. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] has the same romantic, lively, sweet, cross-cultural, Latin appeal of [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]. She’s racing up the popularity charts and could easily see [name_f]Clara[/name_f] replacing [name_f]Sophia[/name_f].

Other candidates:

Luna
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]

All those are already really popular tho…

2 Likes

Definitely [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] could replace [name_f]Sophia[/name_f].

Ophelia
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]

I don’t think [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] will go out of style for a while yet

Sophia’s popularity data is interesting, since [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_u]Loren[/name_u] was a super famous actress in the 1960s, but the name itself didn’t get popular among the general public until the 1990s.

I think [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] is a good pick for a replacement, because it has a cross-cultural appeal like [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]. I would also suggest [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]. Also, I think [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] / [name_f]Silvia[/name_f] is one to watch as a vintage revival.

Aurora, I think.

I think [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] will never truly go out of style. I think [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] will remain relatively well used and won’t be a fast fashion name like [name_u]Hunter[/name_u] is in the U.K. [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] is a pretty choice & her popularity is understandable.

I think a new fast fashion name will be [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] I think she’ll suddenly become really popular than fall out of fashion like [name_u]Hunter[/name_u] did.

I think a new [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] could be [name_f]Clara[/name_f] she is in use and has a very classic Latinate sound similar to [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]. She’s elegant and appears to be increasing in popularity.