A thankful SURPRISE!

You guys are too good!

@[name]Blade[/name]: Funny you shuold mention [name]Poesy[/name] because, she is actually my favorite variation of the name, but the feedback i have previously received on it wasn’t so positive. Interesting to hear your htoughts on [name]Maple[/name] and [name]Fable[/name] not fitting in with the family - thanks for the comments!

@watermellie: While I completely appreciate sibling matchiness, I don’t strive for it. We typically just go for names we love, instead of forcing ourselves to like names that we “should” pick. This was the case when naming [name]Wren[/name] & [name]Eloise[/name] - most people would say that they are completely different in style, but we love them so for us enough! Funny you should mention [name]Amity[/name], as that is one of [name]Wren[/name]'s middle names :slight_smile: And I do love [name]Lily[/name], but she is a tad popular, reminds me of another name i like though, [name]Lilias[/name].

@dayken95: thanks for your comments on the list. Really helpful to see other peoples thoughts on each name. From your suggestions, [name]Imogen[/name] sticks out with her nn [name]Mo[/name], and [name]Boheme[/name] is adorable but too tied to Girls Gone Child for me (yet for some reason, [name]Fable[/name] isnt!). I do really really love the nn [name]Bo[/name] though (see [name]Bowen[/name] on our boys list), what other girls names do you think we could use to get that uber fabulous nickname?

@ashthedreamer: greta to hear your opinions! I love [name]Georgia[/name], but she is far too popular in our neighborhood for me to use her! Its a shame really, shes a stunner!

@mara_lyn86: Thanks for going through each name - I really appreciate that. Isn’t [name]Nolie[/name] really cute? I just thought of that on the spot trying to think what a nn for [name]Noelle[/name] could be. So pretty and cute, huh? Your favorites list is pretty similar to mine :slight_smile:

@rollo: Thanks so much for the sweet comment. You also came up with some great combinations. I find myself attracted to [name]Gwyn[/name], [name]Remy[/name]. Trying to decide if i like [name]Gwyn[/name] or [name]Gwen[/name] better - hmm actually just typing that out made me realise the similarities of them both to [name]Wren[/name]. What do you think, too similar? And [name]Remy[/name] is probably too similar to [name]Rigby[/name] as well…hmm. At least I’m consistent! haha

@ottillie: thanks for letting me know your favorites - [name]Blythe[/name] really seems to be the most popular!

@leonielee - another score for [name]Blythe[/name]! She is seeming to be the favorite here !

I really find myself drawn towards [name]Phoebe[/name] recently. I have been looking for names that I can use the nn [name]Bee[/name] for, and i really really like [name]Phoebe[/name] nn [name]Bee[/name]. (Same reason why i like [name]Blythe[/name] nn [name]Bee[/name]). [name]Do[/name] you guys think she is too closely tied with the friends character? What about the nn [name]Bee[/name] if i already use the nn [name]Birdie[/name] for [name]Wren[/name]? Are [name]Birdie[/name] & [name]Bee[/name] too weird together, or cute?

Also, as i asked another poster, what are some other alternatives for the nn [name]Bo[/name] for a girl? We adore [name]Bowen[/name] nn [name]Bo[/name] for a little guy, but what about girl alternatives?

xo [name]Viv[/name]

I think [name]Maple[/name] goes well! [name]Wren[/name] is “nature” and was actually in my top three list.

[name]Just[/name] because we have two similar names we like, the other names I was considering were [name]Cecily[/name], [name]Violet[/name], [name]Penelope[/name] (nn [name]Poppy[/name]), [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Lila[/name].

Oooh @flashy09 - would love to hear your experience with [name]Maple[/name]. [name]How[/name] does it lead in the “real world”? Good feedback? Okay feedback? Negative feedback?

Also love [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Lila[/name], but too close to our nn for [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Lola[/name]! And [name]Sisley[/name] was on our long list for the [name]Sissy[/name]'s (ha! thats actually how they got their collective nn, since i loved [name]Sisley[/name] nn [name]Sissy[/name] so much, but didn’t end up using it!), which is very similar to [name]Cicely[/name].

xo [name]Viv[/name]

[name]How[/name] about [name]Bronte[/name] nn [name]Bo[/name]?

[name]Bronte[/name] nn [name]Bo[/name] - now that is absolutely killer! Wow! Thanks for that @names4real!

xo [name]Viv[/name]

Congrats on #5, Viv!

I love Phoebe (Bee), and think people will get over the Friends connection. So, not a big deal. Also really love Holland or Hollis (Holly), I think Holland feels a bit more feminine. Maple (mae) is really sweet and think she would easily fit in with your well named family.
Bronte (Bo) is fantastic!! I love Bronte!!!

I love Cabot, from your boy’s list!

thanks @labmama!

[name]Happy[/name] to see a thumbs up for [name]Phoebe[/name] nn [name]Bee[/name]. She is super sweet and I am really falling for her. Only qualm with her actually is the nn [name]Bee[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you think having a [name]Birdie[/name] and a [name]Bee[/name] is too weird? You know, the Birds and the Bees, or the fact that they both fly etc. I just can’t decide if i’m okay with this or not. But [name]Pheobe[/name] reminds me alot of [name]Daphne[/name] which i have completely fallen for as well. I don’t mind the nn [name]Dee[/name] (its just not spectacular), and [name]Daffy[/name] is too ducky. Hmm, well actually would Duckie be a sweet nickname? Actually that is really really cute! [name]Daphne[/name] nn Duckie (at least for family use), kinda loving it!
Anyways, glad you love [name]Holland[/name] as well - I love how modern she looks and sounds, but we have absolutely no association with the [name]Holland[/name] region, so it seems a bit silly for us to use.
And isn’t @names4real suggestion of [name]Bronte[/name] nn [name]Bo[/name] super!! She went straight on the list :slight_smile:

[name]Rigby[/name], [name]Miller[/name], [name]Wren[/name], [name]Eloise[/name] & [name]Phoebe[/name] - [name]Rig[/name], [name]Mills[/name], [name]Birdie[/name], [name]Lola[/name] & [name]Bee[/name]
[name]Rigby[/name], [name]Miller[/name], [name]Wren[/name], [name]Eloise[/name] & [name]Daphne[/name] - [name]Rig[/name], [name]Mills[/name], [name]Birdie[/name], [name]Lola[/name] & [name]Dee[/name]/Duckie
[name]Rigby[/name], [name]Miller[/name], [name]Wren[/name], [name]Eloise[/name] & [name]Bronte[/name] - [name]Rig[/name], [name]Mills[/name], [name]Birdie[/name], [name]Lola[/name] & [name]Bo[/name]

…those are the names running through my mind right now

thoughts? remarks? positive or negative, i want to hear them!

xo [name]Viv[/name]

You’re welcome. I’m glad you liked it. I saw [name]Bowen[/name] nn [name]Bo[/name] on your list for boys, but I think you could also call [name]Cabot[/name] [name]Bo[/name] too.

What about [name]Dae[/name]/[name]Day[/name] for a nickname for [name]Daphne[/name]? I love the name [name]Daphne[/name] too and I think that’s what I would call her. You could even stretch it out to [name]Daisy[/name]. [name]Birdie[/name], [name]Lola[/name], & [name]Daisy[/name] (okay, I love that) I think Duckie is a cute at home nickname, but you already have a [name]Birdie[/name].

Yes, I too like the idea of [name]Cabot[/name] nn [name]Bo[/name], i also don’t mind [name]Cab[/name] though. SO much easier for me to like little guy names rather than girls.

xo [name]Viv[/name]

Viv, wow! Congratulations!

Hm. Off your list, my favorites are Zara and Hollis, for sure. Well, actually just Zara because I think she’s got the right snap to blend nature Wren and vintage Eloise! Love her.

Coming to mind is Olive, for that Liv or Livy nickname. Sure, it’s close to Viv, but Liv, like Viv, means “life,” which is a cute connection, right?! I also like Zola, which is a literary surname - right up your alley. I know it sounds like Eloise’s nickname, but I’d probably call her Zo or Zoe, which also, conveniently, means “life.” Zenobia is literary and means “life of Zeus,” so it’s got a cool connection! Maybe as a middle name, though? It’s a lot of name our front, even if Bee is a cute nickname. Others I like for you are:

Adele - Del, Dela
Amabel - Mae, Belle
Beatrix - Bea, Bebe, Trix
Bijou - Bee, Bebe, Jewel
Blossom - Bee, Bebe
Brigitte - Brie, Bridge, Bee, Bebe
Cora - Coco
Coraline - Coco, Cora
Celeste - Cece, Celie
Faith - Fae, Fate
Fable - Fae, Belle (Still think it works with your set!)
Georgia - Gig, Gia, Georgie (Just saw this was too popular, but still love it. Georgina works, too!)
Ingrid - Ina
Juliet - Jules, Jet
Juniper - June, Junie, Peri
Jessamine - Jess, Jessa, Sam, Sammie, Mini, Mina
Lucille - Lu, Lulu, Lula, Lucie, Cici, Celie
Philippa - Pippa, Pip, Pippi
Sylvie - Silly, Vivi [vee-vee]
Sigrid - Siggy, Ziggy
Zora - Zo, Zoe, Ora

PS My favorite on your boy’s list is still Cabot! Love, love, love it. It’s perfect. However you pronounce it, of course. [CAB-et] or [ca-BO] - Cab and Beau are cool nicknames! Also like Barrett and Bayard.

Lemon

Viv - I may not find my way back very soon, so if I don’t and you are curious about why I don’t reply back, just send me a private message.

[name]Cab[/name] is a cool nickname too.

Yes, boy names are easier for me too. I hardly ever mess with my boy name list, but the girls are always changing.

Sorry, back with a few more, [name]Viv[/name]…

Also, [name]Phoebe[/name] is on my own list and is one of my favorite names ever, but I’m bothered by [name]Phoebe[/name] with [name]Rigby[/name], considering both have the “bee” sound. Also, [name]Birdie[/name] and [name]Bee[/name], even if separated by [name]Lola[/name] in the nickname family chain, maybe aren’t the most ideal sisters. So, I’d be wary, even though I love the name.

With [name]Rigby[/name], [name]Miller[/name], [name]Wren[/name], and [name]Eloise[/name], maybe try:

[name]Lilac[/name] - [name]Lil[/name], [name]Lila[/name], [name]Lilou[/name]
[name]Althea[/name] - [name]Alla[/name], [name]Ali[/name], [name]Thea[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name]*
[name]Leona[/name] - [name]Lee[/name], [name]Leelee[/name], [name]Lea[/name], [name]Ona[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name] - [name]Peri[/name]
[name]Junia[/name] - [name]June[/name], [name]Junie[/name], Junebug
[name]India[/name] - [name]Indie[/name], [name]Didi[/name], [name]Dia[/name]
[name]Garnet[/name] - [name]Gigi[/name], [name]Nettie[/name], [name]Red[/name], [name]Rosy[/name]
[name]Peridot[/name] - [name]Peri[/name], [name]Dotty[/name] (even if the -dot isn’t pronounced)

[name]Lemon[/name]

@names4real [name]Daisy[/name] could be really sweet for [name]Daphne[/name] - thanks! And im with you, [name]Birdie[/name], [name]Lola[/name] & [name]Daisy[/name] do make a stellar pairing :slight_smile:

@lemon So happy to hear from you - I was actually going to send you a private message but then here you are. Yay :slight_smile: I think you’re the first to show love for [name]Zara[/name]. I still love her, and i think it was actually your suggestion of Zippy as a nn during the last pregnancy - and it has stick with me ever since! [name]Liv[/name] is absolutely still one of my favorites, but i just can’t do it with my name. I actually kind of love your suggestion of [name]Zoe[/name] though. Although much more common then our other choices, she is just so full of life and zip i might need to bring her up to [name]Douglas[/name]. Im actually a fan of the spelling [name]Zoey[/name], but I like the simplicity of [name]Zoe[/name] as well. [name]Zoey[/name] [name]Taliesin[/name] nn Zippy, how sweet is that?! As for your other suggestion, I want to love [name]Adele[/name] but too tied to the singer for me, [name]Blossom[/name] is a serious contender for a middle name, [name]Cora[/name] is sweet (will have to seek [name]Douglas[/name]’ opinion), and I like [name]Lucy[/name]/[name]Lucie[/name] (especially the Beatles reference - but a small enough reference that having a [name]Rigby[/name] & [name]Lucy[/name] doesn’t flash that connection in your face), and [name]India[/name] is stunning stunning stunning + love the nn [name]Indie[/name], honestly i kind of love [name]Indiana[/name] as well. Once again you have given us lots to think about. Thanks so much lemon :slight_smile:

xo [name]Viv[/name]

You have gotten so many great suggestions, I just want to chime in and say I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name] for you. I don’t think [name]Bee[/name] is too much with [name]Birdie[/name] and I just think [name]Phoebe[/name] balances [name]Wren[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] perfectly. [name]One[/name] two and three syllables :). She’s classic and timeless but spunky and modern too. I also love [name]Daphne[/name] for the same reasons, just personally like [name]Phoebe[/name] a tad more. [name]Bronte[/name] is beautiful but I don’t love her quite as much as the others.

I do love [name]Zara[/name], [name]Viv[/name]. I think she’s cool as a cucumber, but oh-so-striking. And, who could resist sassy Zippy?! [name]Zoe[/name] is lovely, though. And, the meaning! [name]Zoey[/name] is nice, as is [name]Zoie[/name]. I’m not sure I’d push it to [name]Zooey[/name], though, as in Deschanel. I think [name]Zoe[/name] can be a nickname for so many, though, from [name]Zola[/name] to [name]Zora[/name] to, yes, [name]Zenobia[/name].

Consider [name]Cora[/name]. I see why you can’t use [name]Liv[/name], even though I adore [name]Olive[/name]! [name]Lucie[/name] is oh-so-sweet, and I don’t think the [name]Rigby[/name] thing with the Beatles is that significant. [name]Lucille[/name] certainly gives you the charm you’re after! [name]Lucille[/name] [name]Taliesin[/name], aw! Isn’t [name]India[/name] gorgeous?! [name]India[/name] [name]Taliesin[/name] is such a strong name. And, wow, [name]Indie[/name]! As for [name]Indiana[/name], I once told my mom awhile back I wanted two dogs named [name]Indiana[/name] and Kentucky - I live in Ohio - so I could call them [name]Indie[/name] and [name]Tuck[/name]. Ha!

I really want you to like [name]Junia[/name]! [name]Junia[/name] [name]Taliesin[/name] is so pretty, and I love [name]Birdie[/name], [name]Lola[/name], and Junebug, or [name]Junie[/name]. Hm. I also almost brought back [name]Tula[/name], because the name works so well with [name]Wren[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name], but I thought you’d say [name]Tula[/name] [name]Taliesin[/name] was too much. I even thought of a silly nickname - Tutu. Ha! I still like it, though…

Talk to you later, Miss [name]Viv[/name]!

PS As for [name]Daphne[/name], I prefer it over [name]Phoebe[/name] for you, even though I think [name]Phoebe[/name] is way sassier. But, you were talking about using [name]Daisy[/name] as a nickname, which reminded me that [name]Daisy[/name] can be used as a nickname for simple [name]Pearl[/name]! Because [name]Daisy[/name] means “pearl,” if you didn’t know. And, of course, [name]Daisy[/name] works for [name]Margaret[/name] or any of her variants, which also mean “pearl,” as the daisy was the sign of [name]Santa[/name] [name]Margherita[/name]! I think I spelled that right. So, [name]Margarethe[/name], [name]Margarita[/name], [name]Margo[/name], [name]Margot[/name], [name]Margery[/name], [name]Marjorie[/name], [name]Megan[/name], [name]Peggy[/name], [name]Rita[/name], etc. But, because I have issues with [name]Miller[/name] and another M name, I’d suggest jaunty short form [name]Greta[/name]. [name]Wren[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], and [name]Greta[/name] all have strong “eh” sounds, which is cool to connect them as sissies! [name]Greta[/name] could be [name]Gigi[/name], [name]Grey[/name], [name]Pearl[/name], or [name]Daisy[/name].

@loulou - I am seriously loving [name]Phoebe[/name] too with my kiddos - i have to really consider the pros and cons of having a [name]Birdie[/name] & [name]Bee[/name]. I agree with you that [name]Daphne[/name] is just as perfect as [name]Phoebe[/name] for the same reasons, which is why she is slightly higher on my list than [name]Phoebe[/name] because i don’t run into the [name]Birdie[/name]/[name]Bee[/name] problem!

@lemon - I for sure would not push it to [name]Zooey[/name] - it seems extreme to me! If i went with [name]Lucy[/name] it would just be [name]Lucy[/name], and not [name]Lucille[/name] - i feel [name]Lucille[/name] is too vintage for us. I don’t know if i’d use [name]Junia[/name], but [name]June[/name] is defo on the list for middle names. Not in love with any of the [name]Margaret[/name] variations, unfortunately!

I will come back with a revised list later tonight once [name]Douglas[/name] and I have had a chance to talk.

xo [name]Viv[/name]

Hm. [name]Just[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] - okay. I’d suggest [name]Lucienne[/name], but she’s too close to [name]Wren[/name], and [name]Lucia[/name] seems off in the set. [name]Lucinda[/name]? Hey, more ideas! What about [name]Aria[/name], [name]Aurora[/name], [name]Clara[/name], [name]Gemma[/name], [name]Harlow[/name], [name]Lena[/name], or [name]Scarlett[/name]? Nicknames? Um, [name]Ari[/name], [name]Ara[/name], [name]Aura[/name], [name]Rory[/name], [name]Clare[/name], [name]Clarie[/name], [name]Cece[/name], [name]Gem[/name], [name]Gigi[/name], [name]Happy[/name], [name]Lolo[/name] (tough with [name]Lola[/name]!), [name]Leni[/name], [name]Leelee[/name], [name]Lee[/name], Lightbulb (ha!), [name]Carly[/name], or [name]Lettie[/name]?

[name]Lemon[/name]

PS I don’t mean “[name]Just[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] - okay.” in a bad way. It just seems like it needs to be kicked up a notch to me is all. Sorry!

This may be too much of a stretch for you but I saw the suggestion on another thread and thought I’d pass it along to you… It was to use the nn [name]Bo[/name] for [name]Phoebe[/name]. Surprised I didn’t think of it before but when I read it, I immediately thought of you and your love for both [name]Phoebe[/name] and [name]Bo[/name] and not being able to use the nn [name]Bee[/name]. Like I said, maybe too much of a stretch but it does actually make sense with the b and the o in there!Wish I could remember what thread it was :/. Anyway, good luck!

[name]Viv[/name],

I’ve been thinking and I really like an -a, -o, -l, or -t name for you guys. There are so many -a names that would be cute, like vintage [name]Cora[/name] and [name]Clara[/name] or something zesty like [name]Aria[/name] or [name]Gemma[/name]. The -o names are less prevalent, and [name]Juno[/name] comes to mind. But she’s fairly bold. Speaking of, I’d consider [name]Arlo[/name] for a boy! For -l names, vintage [name]Hazel[/name] and [name]Mabel[/name] (another M!) are fab, but also [name]Sibyl[/name], [name]Averil[/name], [name]Pearl[/name], [name]Arabelle[/name], etc. Or, what about a -t name like sassy [name]Scarlett[/name], nature-y [name]Linnet[/name], sweet [name]Rosette[/name], or pretty [name]Juliet[/name]? You get nicknames from [name]Coco[/name], [name]Clarie[/name], [name]Ari[/name], [name]Junie[/name], [name]Zela[/name], [name]Mae[/name], [name]Belle[/name], [name]Scout[/name] (for [name]Scarlett[/name]), [name]Lin[/name], [name]Lina[/name], [name]Rosey[/name], [name]Jules[/name], [name]Jet[/name], and I forgot [name]Gem[/name] for [name]Gemma[/name] and [name]Daisy[/name] for [name]Pearl[/name] and [name]Avi[/name] for [name]Averil[/name] (or even [name]Vera[/name] for short)!

[name]Lemon[/name]

[name]Carys[/name] nn Rys? pronounced like [name]Reese[/name]
[name]Mavis[/name] nn [name]Mae[/name] - I know a little [name]Mavis[/name], totally fits her. [name]Lovely[/name] name
[name]Juliet[/name] nn [name]Jet[/name] - I love the nn [name]Jet[/name]!
[name]June[/name] (middle) - what about [name]Junia[/name]?
[name]Noelle[/name] nn [name]Nola[/name]? [name]Nolie[/name]? - [name]Noelle[/name] is one of my favorite names! Also [name]Noella[/name]? [name]Elle[/name]? but my favorite nickname is [name]Nelly[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] - [name]Bee[/name] - cute!
[name]Fable[/name] - [name]Fae[/name] - very nice!
[name]Story[/name] - [name]Story[/name] could also be short for [name]Christabel[/name], though I don’t know that it fits your sibset
[name]Daphne[/name] - [name]Daffy[/name] or [name]Dee[/name] - [name]Daffy[/name] is cute!
[name]Marlowe[/name] nn [name]Marley[/name] - I know a [name]Marlow[/name] who’s in her teens now, lovely name, sister to [name]Griffin[/name] (girl) who goes by [name]Fina[/name]
[name]Maple[/name] nn [name]Mae[/name] - very pretty
[name]Hollis[/name] nn Holl/[name]Holly[/name] - I love [name]Holly[/name], but only so so on [name]Hollis[/name]

others:
[name]Starla[/name]
[name]Artemis[/name] nn [name]Missy[/name]
[name]Verity[/name] nn [name]Trudy[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] nn [name]Fee[/name]