A thankful SURPRISE!

Okay, sorry - another one: [name]Lilith[/name]. You mentioned [name]Lilias[/name] earlier, I believe, but I find it close to [name]Eloise[/name], personally. [name]Wren[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], and [name]Lilith[/name] are way cool sissies! I know the name isn’t loved by all, but I just came across it in my patient charts and thought of you. [name]Lilith[/name] is a cool way to get to [name]Lil[/name], [name]Lilou[/name], and of course [name]Lily[/name] (though [name]Lili[/name] is perky!). And, even if I’d doesn’t technically mean “lily,” I think you could get away with [name]Fleur[/name] as a nickname. [name]Lilith[/name] [name]Taliesin[/name]. Looks chic.

PS I keep bringing it up, but I truly love [name]Scarlett[/name] for you. It’s like the perfect blend of classic and modern! Plus, my newfound nickname for it, [name]Scout[/name], is killing me. Why didn’t I think of this earlier!? I just love the name [name]Scarlett[/name]. For you, for me, for anyone!

[name]Lemon[/name]

These past couple of days have flown by. Sorry for not replying as promised.

The suggestion of [name]Phoebe[/name] nn [name]Bo[/name] is pretty genius! After further discussion with [name]Douglas[/name] though, we find “[name]Bo[/name]” too tied to our last pregnancy, same with [name]Bee[/name], so those names might be out (ie. [name]Phoebe[/name], [name]Bronte[/name] and [name]Blythe[/name] and maybe even [name]Bowen[/name]). Plus, I can’t get rid of the Birds and the Bees tie. [name]Don[/name]’t want to saddle my kids with that!

You always come up with great suggestions [name]Lemon[/name]. I can’t get over [name]Scarlett[/name] nn [name]Scout[/name] either! That is outstanding! I just can’t get past the “scar” beginning - it makes the name feel so violent to me :frowning: A shame really, since she really is beautiful. We had thought about [name]Mabel[/name] nn [name]Missy[/name], but doesn’t feel quite right. [name]Juliet[/name] has been on and off our list for a while too. [name]One[/name] name you sort of hit my heart with was [name]Gemma[/name]… As a little girl I had always thought that I would name a daughter [name]Emma[/name] NO.MATTER.WHAT. But then her popularity spiked. Maybe [name]Gemma[/name] is the answer to my young girls heart! [name]Gem[/name] is a stellar nickname, and I like that she sounds completely different from my other kids (in a unifying way if that makes sense). [name]Gemma[/name] [name]Taliesin[/name]. I like the ring of that! You’re also really good at talking me into names i never would have even thought of considering, ie. [name]Lilith[/name]. She does make for a pretty cool sissy to [name]Wren[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] doesn’t she? And [name]Fleur[/name] as a nickname? I mean, it doesn’t get much sweeter than that.

And oh my god Kaia_way and [name]Noelle[/name] nn [name]Nelly[/name]. What the what! [name]How[/name] did i miss that! My inner white girl gangsta emerging! [name]Love[/name] this! “thinking bout her, thinking bout me, thinking bout us, what we gonna be, open my eyes, it was only just a dream” - a quote to go up on the nursery wall? Haha just kidding. But not kidding about how much I love [name]Noelle[/name] nn [name]Nelly[/name] - lets see what [name]Doug[/name] says about this!

After talking with [name]Douglas[/name] more about names on the weekend, we narrowed down our list. He is really really favouring [name]Daphne[/name] right now, and so am I. But after these great suggestions lets see what he has to say! So our newer list looks something along the lines of (keep in mind it is ever changing):

[name]Daphne[/name] nn [name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Zoey[/name] nn Zippy
[name]Maple[/name] nn [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Noelle[/name] nn [name]Nelly[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name] nn [name]Gem[/name]
[name]Marlowe[/name] nn [name]Marley[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name] nn ?? (not [name]Bee[/name] - what else can she be?)

middles list: Bloom, [name]Blossom[/name], [name]Fleur[/name], [name]Madeline[/name], [name]Valentine[/name], [name]June[/name], [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Della[/name], [name]Barbara[/name], [name]Hart[/name], [name]York[/name]
([name]Douglas[/name] and I seem to be liking the combo of [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Madeline[/name] (Bloom/[name]Fleur[/name]/[name]June[/name]/[name]Hart[/name]/[name]York[/name]) [name]Taliesin[/name])

Thoughts on whether she should have a second middle name like her sissies, or one middle like her big bros (and keep the double for the twin connection)?

xo [name]Viv[/name]

Darn! But, [name]Viv[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name] is so romantic! And cheery! And [name]Scout[/name] is such an awesome nickname! [name]Alas[/name], I understand (though I’m ridiculously bummed) why you’re nixing her. And [name]Lilith[/name], even though [name]Wren[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], and [name]Lilith[/name] or [name]Birdie[/name], [name]Lola[/name], and [name]Fleur[/name] are such cool sister names. [name]Glad[/name] you like [name]Gemma[/name]! It really is a zippy twist on [name]Emma[/name], and it feels kind of modern-[name]Brit[/name] to me, if that makes any sense. I also think [name]Gemma[/name] [name]Taliesin[/name] has a great ring, like you mentioned…

I’m iffy on adding another nature name, to be honest. And for [name]Marlowe[/name], first I think [name]Marlo[/name] looks more feminine, but your boys have surname names and it just feels off to give one to a girl in your case. Call me crazy! Another thing - you told me [name]Lucille[/name] felt too vintage for your taste, so what gives with [name]Blythe[/name]? She feels more vintage to me, and she doesn’t benefit from lacking a “now” nickname like [name]Lucy[/name]. On the other hand, as cute as she is, I wonder if [name]Zoey[/name] is too modern for your set! I mean, [name]Zoe[/name] isn’t a “modern” name, but she sure has hit her stride of late. [name]Daphne[/name] “[name]Daisy[/name]” is so darn cute. A natural sister to [name]Birdie[/name] and [name]Lola[/name], too. And then you’ve got [name]Noelle[/name], which I love and find hilarious for your white girl [name]Nelly[/name] rap comment. Ha! I might spell it [name]Nellie[/name] to match all the Es in [name]Noelle[/name]. My only concern is the similarity in [name]Elle[/name] sounds between [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Noelle[/name]. Rather prominent?

Not sure on middles yet. [name]One[/name] versus two, I mean. [name]How[/name] many of [name]Birdie[/name] and [name]Lola[/name]'s middle names honor people? I know [name]Wren[/name] works for [name]Lawrence[/name], but I can’t remember for [name]Lola[/name]! Also, remind me if you pronounce [name]Madeline[/name] with a “line,” sound, as I feel you need to with [name]Taliesin[/name] as a last name. So, my favorite first names are [name]Gemma[/name] and [name]Daphne[/name], and [name]Gemma[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] is lovely, as is [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Margaret[/name], or [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Margo[/name] or [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Margaretta[/name]! Pairing [name]Daphne[/name] with a [name]Margaret[/name] variant makes the [name]Daisy[/name] nickname even more appropriate. For a second middle name, I’d anchor [name]Gemma[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] with a stronger name like [name]Gemma[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] [name]York[/name], or switch it up with something like [name]Gemma[/name] [name]Fleur[/name] [name]Madeline[/name] or [name]Gemma[/name] [name]Dell[/name] Margeurite. For [name]Daphne[/name], I’d go sweeter, such as [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] Bloom, [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Margaretta[/name] [name]June[/name], or [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Margo[/name] [name]Blossom[/name].

Side note - it will be hard to match the sissies’ middles as they match so well together, with the two two-syllable C names and three-syllable ends-in-Y, emphasis on first syllable names. You could mimic this with something using [name]Margery[/name] as your [name]Margaret[/name] variant and another C name, perhaps related to family? [name]Douglas[/name] means “black water,” for example, and [name]Calder[/name] means “rocky water.” So [name]Gemma[/name] [name]Calder[/name] [name]Margery[/name] or [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Calder[/name] [name]Margery[/name] go a long way in matching WCA and ECB. Or, for something different, [name]Sable[/name] means “black,” and makes for a cool middle name with [name]Gemma[/name] and [name]Daphne[/name].

[name]Lemon[/name]

I was so nervous the first week after I named her [name]Maple[/name], but now I am so glad I did. People seem to geniunely love it and while it’s unique and uncommon, nobody raises an eyelid when her name is called at the Dr’s office or anything like that. So it’s not too “out there” in real life. It’s still fun to say and really does feel like a name. I think you should go for it, although I do like [name]Daphne[/name] as well and it was also on our list. Some others we had were [name]Florence[/name], [name]Iris[/name], and [name]Hazel[/name]. What about [name]Arbor[/name]? My gymboree teacher has daughter named that.

I’m glad you like [name]Nelly[/name] :slight_smile:

As a nn for [name]Blythe[/name], what about [name]Billy[/name]? I had a grandma with that name so it sounds fun to me!

[name]Noelle[/name] [name]Hart[/name] - love!

I like most of the [name]Daphne[/name] combos with the single syllable names
[name]Daphne[/name] Bloom
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Hart[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]June[/name]

Oh, gosh. I just realized I spelled [name]Marguerite[/name] wrong. My bad!

Also, another name idea: [name]Isabeau[/name], with cute nicknames like sassy [name]Izzy[/name] or cool [name]Beau[/name] ([name]Bo[/name]). You could probably get away with chic [name]Bebe[/name] - as “be” is in the name, or another one of my favorite perky nicknames, [name]Ibby[/name]. I like [name]Isabeau[/name] [name]Madeline[/name] [name]Hart[/name] or [name]Isabeau[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name] (for [name]Margaret[/name]).

[name]Lemon[/name]

Okay so moment of peace in the house.

Need to pop in to say that [name]Douglas[/name] came upon an AWESOME name today and I needed to share! [name]Thisbe[/name]! [name]Thisbe[/name]! [name]Thisbe[/name]! And the plethora of nicknames: Tizzy, Zibby, [name]Bee[/name], [name]Theo[/name], [name]Izzy[/name], [name]Ibby[/name]. I mean what! Go [name]Douglas[/name], go [name]Douglas[/name]! Might be my favorite name yet. [name]Rigby[/name], [name]Miller[/name], [name]Wren[/name], [name]Eloise[/name] & [name]Thisbe[/name]. I mean, she might me slightly close to [name]Rigby[/name] since they share the same ending, but I might not mind that considering this will definitely be our last (snip, snip!), and it might a sweet tie that our first born and last born share something in common. [name]Thisbe[/name] [name]Taliesin[/name]. Aliteration, but not. I’m in love!

[name]Will[/name] come back later with replies to you [name]Lemon[/name], [name]Kaia[/name] & Flashy when I can catch a few moments. [name]Just[/name] couldn’t wait to share this new name with you guys!

[name]Thisbe[/name]! YES!

xoxo [name]Viv[/name]

I’ve been following peripherally but I think [name]Thisbe[/name] is a good choice for you. Its 6 letters are like [name]Miller[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] (you seem to favor shorter, 2-syllable names, save [name]Wren[/name]). It’s a quirky classical choice, and also the play-within-a-play in Midsummer [name]Night[/name]'s [name]Dream[/name]. Great nicknames as well.

[name]Thisbe[/name] is a great name. Go hubby for finding such a good one! Any mn ideas for that little gem?

Wow! [name]Douglas[/name] is getting creative! Where did he stumble on this one? I’m having a hard time because this is the same reason I didn’t love [name]Phoebe[/name] for you, and [name]Thisbe[/name] is way closer to [name]Rigby[/name] than even [name]Phoebe[/name]. So, yea…hm.

[name]Thisbe[/name] reminded me of another name I love for you - [name]Thea[/name]. I can’t decide if I prefer [THEE-a] or [[name]TAY[/name]-a]. I think Tizzy works for a nickname, or [name]Tay[/name], if you go with that pronunciation, or why not something like [name]Tipper[/name] or Tippi?

Also, a few more ideas I think work with [name]Rigby[/name], [name]Miller[/name], [name]Wren[/name], and [name]Eloise[/name] (in the spirit of [name]Thisbe[/name]):

[name]Calla[/name] - [name]Callie[/name], [name]Allie[/name], [name]Alla[/name], [name]Lil[/name], [name]Lily[/name], [name]Cece[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name]* - [name]Cassie[/name], [name]Cass[/name], [name]Cinnamon[/name]
[name]Cora[/name] - [name]Coco[/name], [name]Ora[/name], [name]Cori[/name]
[name]Hera[/name] - [name]Queenie[/name] (queen of the gods!), [name]Hettie[/name]
*[name]Ianthe[/name] [ee-AN-the, it means “purple flower”] - [name]Annie[/name], [name]Fleur[/name]
*[name]Leda[/name] [[name]LAY[/name]-da or [name]LEE[/name]-da] - Lady, [name]Happy[/name] (it means “happy”), [name]Eda[/name], [name]Lea[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name] - [name]Ly[/name], [name]Lyre[/name], [name]Lettie[/name]
*[name]Petal[/name] - [name]Pippi[/name], [name]Peta[/name]
[name]Zita[/name] - Zippy, [name]Zuzu[/name]

I marked my faves with stars. (I didn’t mark it, but I do think [name]Hera[/name] “[name]Queenie[/name]” [name]Taliesin[/name] is fun. I’m just having a hard time separating [name]Hera[/name], a child, from [name]Hera[/name], queen of the gods. I like [name]Leda[/name] and her perky “Lady” and “[name]Happy[/name]” nicknames. And [name]Petal[/name] is just cool when you consider unusual nature names, and with a classic like [name]Margaret[/name], it could be striking. [name]Ianthe[/name] is unusual, for sure, but I like the way it looks and sounds, personally. [name]Cassia[/name] is just lovely, through and through - I know a woman called [name]Cinnamon[/name], but [name]Cassia[/name] is more usable, if you ask me.) Talk to you later!

[name]Lemon[/name]