A theme <3

Hello all… This is my first post here. I’ve been lurking for awhile trying to get ideas on my own… but I keep going back and forth so I thought I’d post for opinions and help! :]

I have four children currently, and am due with baby #5 [unknown gender at this time] in February.
Our current children’s names are [name_f]Amaya[/name_f] [8], [name_u]Ayden[/name_u] [7], [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] [5] and [name_u]Ainsley[/name_u] [2].
Since we want to continue the A theme it seems, we are needing ideas for boys and girls that would go with this sibset. Our last name is D _ _ t _ n.

We have a few ideas currently. [name_m]Asher[/name_m], for a boy. [name_f]Alivia[/name_f] [I like, but keep going back and forth!] and [name_f]Alice[/name_f] for a girl. [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is a family name… and we are being pushed to use it. I do like it…However, the lady it is in honor of HATED her name, so I don’t know if that’s the way I want to honor her. She went by [name_f]Mary[/name_f]. My middle name, and my mother’s is [name_f]Marie[/name_f]… so I thought maybe I could honor her AND my mom with the MIDDLE name [name_f]Maren[/name_f]. What do you think? That is, IF I can ever decide on a first. [name_f]Alivia[/name_f] [name_f]Maren[/name_f] is cute, but again, I’m just not 100% on [name_f]Alivia[/name_f].

My hormones are driving me crazy and I’ve been wracking my brain constantly. So much so that it hurts. Lol.

[u]SO, how do YOU think [name_m]Asher[/name_m] fits with our other children’s names… and what are your opinions on [name_f]Alivia[/name_f]/[name_f]Alice[/name_f]? and [name_f]Maren[/name_f] as a MIDDLE?

Would you use a name to honor someone even if you don’t [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] it, or if the person HATED it?

Any other suggestions for names? [/u]

Thank you in advance. Phew…

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to Nameberry. I think [name_m]Asher[/name_m] fits great with your other kids and I really like [name_f]Alivia[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f]. Others you may like are

[name_f]Alexa[/name_f]/ [name_u]Alexis[/name_u]
[name_f]Alyssa[/name_f]
[name_f]Autumn[/name_f]
[name_f]Arianna[/name_f]
[name_f]Alanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Arielle[/name_f]/ [name_f]Ariella[/name_f]
[name_f]Ava[/name_f]
[name_u]Avery[/name_u]
[name_f]Anabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Annika[/name_f]
[name_u]Addison[/name_u]
[name_f]Adriana[/name_f]
[name_f]Aaliyah[/name_f]
[name_f]Amerie[/name_f]
[name_f]Amalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Athena[/name_f]

Are [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] and [name_u]Ainsley[/name_u] boys or girls? To me that would make a difference on the girls’ name front, but I think [name_m]Asher[/name_m] works for a boy regardless.

[name_m]Both[/name_m] are girls :]
Full names are [name_f]Amaya[/name_f] [name_f]Nicole[/name_f], [name_u]Ayden[/name_u] [name_m]Wayne[/name_m], [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] [name_f]Paige[/name_f], and [name_u]Ainsley[/name_u] [name_f]Danae[/name_f].

Right now possible girls names, as of today…
[name_f]Alivia[/name_f] is out, down to [name_f]Alice[/name_f] as a first, [name_f]Maren[/name_f] as a middle if I find a good A name to go with it…

AND TODAY, I thought of [name_f]Aliyah[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f].
[name_u]Ali[/name_u]- Would honor husband’s grandma.
Y in first name would be like my other children’s names.
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] ends in E, which all the other kids’ middles names do as well.

Thoughts?

[name_f]Aliyah[/name_f] sounds better with your children’s names than [name_f]Alice[/name_f]. I prefer [name_f]Aliyah[/name_f] and I love the nickname [name_u]Ali[/name_u].

I think [name_f]Aliyah[/name_f] fits really well with your other children’s names. I think [name_f]Alice[/name_f] would stick out. I think [name_m]Asher[/name_m] is nice but all the other names have a Y in them so if you wanted to continue with that what about [name_m]Anthony[/name_m], [name_u]Austyn[/name_u], [name_u]Avery[/name_u], [name_u]Ashtyn[/name_u] or [name_u]Andy[/name_u]?

I have thought a lot about [name_m]Asher[/name_m], and the non existing Y in the name with my husband since I posted, his middle name would also not end in E like the others do… but I don’t think that’s something we really are picky about right now. Like nothing that would be enough to make us change it. Others have brought that up, too on here, and I’ve thought about it myself a lot. Especially since our girls name fits with both the Y and E theme and A name.
He brought up a good point, and that was before we had our last two girls, [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] and [name_u]Ainsley[/name_u], that we had [name_m]Asher[/name_m] picked out. If either of them would have been a boy, that would have been there name, and we have never changed it. It was just a given when we got pregnant. And we especially love it with the middle name combo, for my grandpa who passed when I was pregnant with my 5 year old daughter. I know that it’s somewhat popular on message boards etc, but being from a small town in Oklahoma, it is not popular here.

I really think [name_f]Alice[/name_f] would stick out, too. I mean, I think it’s cute, but it’s not our naming style. That’s where I thought of [name_f]Aliyah[/name_f] yesterday, and how the nn would be for us, [name_u]Ali[/name_u]… that it would be something for her, without being a name she didn’t like when she was alive. Also [name_f]Grace[/name_f] reminded me of her a lot. I think she’d like it also.
His grandma raised him too, so we’re honoring two very important people in our lives. That’s why it’s easy to think of ideas, but hard to stick with some, we just want them perfect, if you will… and want to make family happy as well. It’s tough. Let me tell you. :confused:

OKAY, we have final names, for a boy and girl…
I 100% appreciate everyone’s help. For all the insights,
and opinions. It made our choices so much more clear,
which is something that was driving me up the wall for
months now. [[name_m]Just[/name_m] a few more weeks until the BIG ultrasound!]

[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_u]Ellis[/name_u], and [name_f]Aliyah[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]… <3

Thanks again berries, for everything!!
I’ll stick around, and I hope to help some ladies
as I’ve been helped! Woo!

I think [name_f]Aliyah[/name_f] goes better with your other names than [name_f]Alice[/name_f] both in terms of style and appearence. There’s also the Welsh version of [name_f]Alice[/name_f], which is [name_f]Alys[/name_f] - said the same but has the Y in while still being a legitimate spelling of the name.

Other A names with Ys in:

[name_f]Alyson[/name_f]
[name_u]Avery[/name_u] - could use for boy or girl, though with unisex names for two of your girls I think I like it better on a girl for you.
[name_f]Ayla[/name_f]
[name_f]Aryana[/name_f]/[name_f]Aryanna[/name_f] (alternative spelling of [name_f]Arianna[/name_f])

Aryen (Phonetic spelling of the Dutch boys’ name [name_m]Arjen[/name_m] - ARR-yen)

I think Feberin’s covered all the other ones I could think of.