A twin for Dotty, take two :)

See the results of this poll: Which do you prefer?

Respondents: 37 (This poll is closed)

• Dorothea and Genoveva (Dotty and Nova): 5 (14%)
  • Dorothea and Marigold (Dotty and Maggie): 19 (51%)
  • Dorothea and Minerva (Dotty and Minnie): 9 (24%)
  • Dorothea and Verity (Dotty and Verity): 4 (11%)

[name]Hi[/name] twinkle! Congratulations on the girls - that’s so exciting!

While I looove [name]Verity[/name] (it’s my daughter’s middle name), I think I love [name]Genoveva[/name] or [name]Marigold[/name] in the context of your family as a whole. You have such a fabulous style! I can’t wait for the final announcement :slight_smile:

Thoughts on “linking” 2nd middles: if you like [name]Alouette[/name] ([name]Lark[/name]), what about pairing it with Avocette (Avocet). It could also bring the “v” from [name]Genoveva[/name] into [name]Dorothea[/name]'s name. They may be too matchy, but thought I’d offer it up!

[name]Dorothea[/name] Aramina Avocette
[name]Genoveva[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Alouette[/name]

Good luck in the name search!

[name]Hi[/name], Twinkle! So happy to hear the great news about your twin girls!
I voted for [name]Dorothea[/name] and [name]Marigold[/name], [name]Dottie[/name] and [name]Maggie[/name] - adorable. [name]Love[/name] the bird name idea - [name]Alouette[/name] and [name]Paloma[/name], lark and dove.

[name]Dorothea[/name] nn [name]Dotty[/name] and [name]Marigold[/name] nn [name]Maggie[/name] - too cute!
Congrats on the twins!

[name]Dotty[/name] and [name]Maggie[/name] for sure. I’m a [name]Dorothy[/name] and my sister is a [name]Maggie[/name]. Although I go by my full name, it’s a good sibset!

I voted for [name]Dorothea[/name] & [name]Marigold[/name] ([name]Dotty[/name] & [name]Maggie[/name]), I do also love [name]Dotty[/name] and [name]Minnie[/name], One of my best friends is a [name]Minnie[/name], but she’s just a [name]Minnie[/name], there’s just somehting that I’m not quite sure of when it comes to [name]Minerva[/name]. I think [name]Dorothea[/name] and [name]Verity[/name] is also lovely and I like how if you went for that one, [name]Jasper[/name] wouldn’t be the only one with no nn. I don’t love [name]Dorothea[/name] and [name]Genoveva[/name] as much as the others and I feel like [name]Nova[/name] and [name]Dotty[/name] don’t really go that well, and to me, [name]Nova[/name] seems more like a word than a name, I love [name]Ginevra[/name] nn [name]Ginny[/name] though! I think [name]Dotty[/name] and [name]Ginny[/name] is super cute :slight_smile: All your children have such amazing names, and I don’t think you can really go wrong with your choices!

Good luck and congratulations :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name], Twinkle! Congrats on those twin girls! (I’m a twin - girl - so I’m pretty pumped up about this!)

With [name]Rosie[/name] and [name]Dotty[/name] (and [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Raphael[/name]), [name]Maggie[/name] is really the best nickname - hands down. [name]Minnie[/name] sounds like the cartoon character and [name]Nova[/name] reminds me of both the car and the TV program about science. Neither are as comfy and classic as [name]Rosie[/name] and [name]Dotty[/name], so I think [name]Maggie[/name] is really the only choice here! [name]Verity[/name] - though it is my favorite of your narrowed first names - doesn’t have the same feminine, glamorous sound. I think it is too different!

Now, that leaves [name]Marigold[/name]. I have several issues with this name, as I have stated before. Firstly, I really hate marigolds! They smell pretty nasty and they are used to keep bunnies away - poor bunnies! Secondly, [name]Maggie[/name] isn’t the most natural choice for a nickname, and I see [name]Mari[/name] ([name]Mary[/name]) or [name]Margie[/name] being more natural - neither are as cute as [name]Maggie[/name], though, in my personal opinion. Thirdly - and finally - both [name]Ambrosia[/name] and [name]Dorothea[/name] are feminine, flowing, gorgeous Greek “real” names, while [name]Marigold[/name] seems abrupt and out of place - in that it is more of a word than your other kids’ names - in comparison. At least it does to me. (Not to mention, the marigold was regarded as the flower of the dead in pre-Hispanic Mexico. [name]Just[/name] saying.) I’m sorry to rant and rave against [name]Marigold[/name]…

Remind me again why [name]Magnolia[/name] got nixed? It seems like the natural choice here, no pun intended. 1) It gets you to [name]Maggie[/name], quite easily. 2) It has a lovely melodic, feminine sound that matches [name]Ambrosia[/name] and [name]Dorothea[/name]. 3) It is a nature name, like [name]Marigold[/name], and magnolia blossoms are absolutely beautiful! And, if you get sick of calling her [name]Maggie[/name] - or she doesn’t look like a [name]Maggie[/name] - there are always [name]Nola[/name] and [name]Lia[/name] as potential nicknames.

If you really hate [name]Magnolia[/name], but are still open to other options - besides the beloved [name]Marigold[/name] (which could always be a middle name!) - to get [name]Maggie[/name] as a nickname, here are my final suggestions:

Magalie - French - “pearl” [m(a)-ga-lie]
[name]Magdala[/name] - English - “of [name]Magdala[/name]”
Magdalia - English - “woman of [name]Magdala[/name]”
([name]Magnolia[/name] - French - “flower name”)

Okay, now that that portion of this commentary is complete, let’s move on to middle names! I’ve noticed that, with your other children, each child has a total of five syllables in his or her middle name combination ([name]Frances[/name] [name]Sofia[/name], [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Edmond[/name], & [name]Cyrus[/name] [name]Peregrine[/name]). I think you should strive to replicate this with [name]Dotty[/name] and “[name]Maggie[/name],” personally. You both like [name]Alouette[/name], and you are definitely using [name]Cecily[/name].

Are you pronouncing [name]Alouette[/name] as ah-lou-ette-ah or ah-lou-ette? I believe the first is the correct French pronunciation, as in the song about the skylark, which means you should look for a one-syllable final middle name for that sister, likely a form of [name]Maria[/name] (for your sister) - assuming you want to continue the naming pattern. For [name]Cecily[/name], she will need a two-syllable bird name to complete her middle name combination.

Okay, some two-syllable options for bird names:

[name]Eileen[/name] - Irish - “beautiful bird”
[name]Falcon[/name] - English - “hawk”
Ibis - Latin - “long-legged bird”
[name]Merel[/name] - Dutch - “blackbird” [merl] (or [name]Merle[/name], English)
[name]Raven[/name] - English - “blackbird”
[name]Sparrow[/name] - English - “finch”

[name]Just[/name] for kicks, some of my favorite bird names are [name]Calandra[/name] (Greek, “singing bird”) and [name]Wren[/name] (English, “small bird”).

Some flowers are Celandine, [name]Clover[/name], [name]Dianthe[/name], [name]Hyacinth[/name], [name]Jessamine[/name], [name]Lavender[/name], [name]Marigold[/name] (!), [name]Peony[/name], [name]Petunia[/name], and [name]Primrose[/name].

So, some names I might suggest are:

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Primrose[/name] and [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Hyacinth[/name] [name]Marie[/name]*
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] [name]Marie[/name] and [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Jessamine[/name] [name]Cecile[/name]

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Eileen[/name] and [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Merle[/name]*
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Raven[/name] and [name]Marigold[/name] [name]Alouette[/name] [name]May[/name]

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Prudence[/name] and [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] [name]May[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Verity[/name] [name]Cecile[/name] and [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Honor[/name] [name]Marianne[/name]*

Good luck, Twinkle!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Wow, Twinkle, congratulations on the twin girls!!! You’ve got many great name options on the table. I look forward to seeing what you choose!

Thank you all for your opinions so far (keep them coming!) and compliments :slight_smile:

And [name]Lemon[/name], thank you for your detailed reply - your posts are always so useful! I shall be looking through it in a minute.

Now, we have a new idea - how about a food theme for the middle names? I adore a cooking, and we already have an [name]Ambrosia[/name] (food of the gods), and so it would give all of our girls a loose theme. The wonderful [name]Lemon[/name] suggested [name]Kizzy[/name] to me on another thread (Hebrew name meaning cinnamon), and both DH and I adore it.

Are there any other pretty food names out there? I like [name]Ginger[/name], but I am a redhead, and I feel like it would be strange to give a child a name which could also describe their appearance …

And a little bit of news - as of today, [name]Rosie[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name] are officially our children! The adoption hearing passed without too much difficulty, and we have just returned from a celebratory meal with my sister’s family and my in-laws (and amongst us we had seven children under six, including four under two, so it was quite eventful!).

Congratulations, twinkle - on the news of the twin girls and on [name]Rosie[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name] officially becoming part of the ranks!

I voted for [name]Marigold[/name], but I agree with some of what lemon said - while [name]Maggie[/name] is perfection with twin [name]Dotty[/name] and big sister [name]Rosie[/name], [name]Marigold[/name] isn’t as flowing and feminine and frilly as [name]Ambrosia[/name] and [name]Dorothea[/name]. I would be on board with [name]Magnolia[/name] nn [name]Maggie[/name] for sure, but [name]Dorothea[/name] and [name]Magnolia[/name] do rhyme a tiny bit.

I like the idea of having a linking middle name. [name]How[/name] about:
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Marie[/name] [name]Sage[/name] and [name]Marigold[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Saffron[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Manon[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] and [name]Marigold[/name] [name]Cecile[/name] [name]Verity[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Maren[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Marigold[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] ([name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Madeleine[/name] are both types of desserts, like [name]Ambrosia[/name])
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Paloma[/name] and [name]Marigold[/name] [name]Mina[/name] [name]Alouette[/name]

Congratulations on [name]Rosie[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name]! [name]How[/name] very exciting and wonderful for you and your family! :slight_smile:

Can’t wait to hear your feedback on my lengthy - sorry - post, but I wanted to post a link with some spice names, as I think they are beautiful.

http://www.theepicentre.com/Spices/spiceref.html

It includes links about the spices themselves, from origin and uses, to preparation and storage! Neat stuff. Some of my favorites are:

[name]Angelica[/name]
[name]Anise[/name]
[name]Bay[/name] ([name]Leaf[/name])
[name]Cassia[/name]
[name]Ginger[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Lavender[/name]
[name]Myrtle[/name] ([name]Lemon[/name] [name]Myrtle[/name])
Lovage
[name]Poppy[/name] (Seed)
[name]Saffron[/name]
Sassafras
[name]Thyme[/name]

Are any of these appealing?

Also, if you want a strong connection to [name]Ambrosia[/name], the food of the gods, you could use Nectar, the drink of the gods. It is also believed that ambrosia was composed of honey, so [name]Honey[/name] could be cute. You could use two nickname-type names, [name]Honey[/name] and [name]Kizzy[/name], for each twin!

Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name]

Congratulations! I love your family and their names so much. [name]Dorothea[/name] is just lovely, so lets see if we can get her twin an equally lovely name.

[name]Genoveva[/name] nn [name]Nova[/name] - Not sure about this, especially [name]Nova[/name]. The other kids names are sort of sort and cute ([name]Dotty[/name], [name]Rosie[/name], [name]Raffy[/name]) whereas [name]Nova[/name] is more hard sounding and makes me think of spaceships and what not. I’m also not sure of the spelling of [name]Genoveva[/name]. Spelt like that I want to pronounce it [name]Jen[/name]-oh-veh-va which is a bit odd. I’ve never actually heard the name, only [name]Genovieve[/name].
[name]Marigold[/name] nn [name]Maggie[/name] - [name]Maggie[/name] fits perfectly altough [name]Marigold[/name] seems a little simplistic next to the more classic [name]Dorothea[/name]/[name]Jasper[/name] and the more unusual [name]Ambrosia[/name]/[name]Rapheal[/name]
[name]Minerva[/name] nn [name]Minnie[/name] - [name]Minnie[/name] is again cute (Although could be unusual is she grows to be very tall or not so skinny) but [name]Minerva[/name] seems a bit hard and austere next to the gentler names of your other children.
[name]Verity[/name] - A nickname may well develop itself over time as many do (something like Veri,Titi or [name]Tia[/name]) but I agree it might be nice for [name]Jasper[/name] to not be the only one without a nn. I really like this choice and it’s family connection. It has that little spark (with the V) that makes it stand alongside [name]Ambrosia[/name] and the classic feel to match [name]Dorothea[/name]/[name]Dotty[/name].

For middle names, we will be using [name]Cecily[/name], for DH’s grandfather [name]Cecil[/name]. - [name]Cecily[/name] is very nice as is [name]Cecilia[/name] and there are a million [name]Maria[/name] variants that coudl be used too.

On top of that, I would quite like the twins to have a linking middle name - [name]Lovely[/name] idea. [name]Alouette[/name] is very pretty sounding.
[name]Bird[/name] names:
[name]Paloma[/name] - spanish for “dove/pigeon”
[name]Lark[/name]
[name]Lynette[/name] - [name]Bird[/name]
Maryl - songbird
[name]Meryl[/name] - Blackbird
[name]Phoenix[/name]
[name]Oriel[/name]
[name]Raleigh[/name] - [name]Field[/name] of birds
Sippora
[name]Sora[/name] - Chirping songbird
[name]Teal[/name]/[name]Teale[/name]/[name]Teela[/name]
[name]Tori[/name]
[name]Wren[/name]
[name]Robin[/name]

A couple of ideas:
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Verity[/name] [name]Marian[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Robin[/name]
[name]Minerva[/name] [name]Alouette[/name] [name]Raleigh[/name]

[name]Both[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] and [name]Magnolia[/name] are so pretty. I agree with [name]Lemon[/name] that some flowers such as marigolds have a strong smell, but even if the odor is a bit odd, I tend to appreciate it. I love the smell of sage for example.

Food Names

[name]Amandine[/name] - almond
[name]Apollonia[/name] - I think of apple when I hear this name.
[name]Artemis[/name] - see [name]Diana[/name]. [name]Artemis[/name] is the Greek goddess, [name]Diana[/name] is the equivalent [name]Roman[/name] goddess.
[name]Avalon[/name] - island of apples
[name]Berry[/name]
[name]Cerise[/name] - cherry
[name]Charlotte[/name] - there is some kind of dessert that has the word “charlotte” in it. Whenever I think of the name [name]Charlotte[/name], I think about the dessert. Unfortunately, I have a tendance to think of desserts often!
[name]Clementine[/name] - a tangerine
[name]Clove[/name]
[name]Diana[/name] - goddess of the hunt as well as the moon.
[name]Dulcie[/name]/[name]Dulciana[/name] - means “sweet”
[name]Eugenia[/name] - we used to have a eugenia berry bush.
[name]Evelyn[/name] - hazelnut
[name]Flavia[/name] - makes me think of the word “flavor”.
[name]Georgia[/name] - farmer
[name]Melia[/name] - means" honey" according to the website Behind the Name.
[name]Melina[/name] - quince
[name]Olive[/name]/[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Perry[/name] - pear tree
[name]Persephone[/name] - she ate six pomegranate seeds which caused her to have to live in the Underworld six months of the year.
[name]Pomme[/name] - apple
Pommeline - There used to be a poster on Nameberry named [name]Lola[/name] who was always talking about Pommeline. I think this is how she spelled it. It means apple.
[name]Plum[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Sage[/name]

I don’t really have any suggestions but I just wanted to say congratulations! That’s so exciting - twin girls and your finalized adoption!!

I do love [name]Lemon[/name]'s suggestion of [name]Magnolia[/name], I think it’s gorgeous, and I love the nickname [name]Maggie[/name] too (I voted for [name]Marigold[/name] but much prefer [name]Magnolia[/name]). I also love [name]Susan[/name]'s suggestions of Appolina and [name]Eugenia[/name]. I can really see these two with your other children :slight_smile:

Haha, [name]Lemon[/name] - it is a lucky think that we don’t live in pre-Hispanic Mexico, then! Thank you for your concerns; actually, none of those things really bother DH and I, other than [name]Marigold[/name]'s seeming less feminine that [name]Dorothea[/name] and [name]Ambrosia[/name] … but the light [name]Mari[/name] to us actually makes it seem as feminine, and we would quite like to avoid another -ia ending (plus, DH just won’t go for [name]Magnolia[/name]).

We think we are almost settled on [name]Marigold[/name]; we keep coming back to it, and I can just see us with a little [name]Marigold[/name] …

As for the food names, we both adore [name]Juniper[/name]! DH likes the suggestion of [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Madaleine[/name], too; neither are my favourite, but they are growing on me since the dessert connection was pointed out :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for that link, [name]Lemon[/name], I loved looking through it, and never apologise for such helpful, detailed posts!

We also like [name]Pomona[/name] (apple) - thank you [name]Susan[/name] for suggesting Pommeline, as it reminded me of this old favourite!

As [name]Marigold[/name] would honour my sister, we have a spare middle name to play with. As I was looking at our list of combinations, though, I noticed that we have used [name]Dorothea[/name], an inversion of [name]Jasper[/name]'s mn [name]Theodore[/name], and food names as well as a flower name, all of which tie in with [name]Ambrosia[/name] nn [name]Rosie[/name] … so what about [name]Raphael[/name]? [name]Gabriella[/name], the other feminised archangels name, does not particularly appeal to me, however you already know that DH and I like [name]Alouette[/name] - perhaps a connection to [name]Raffy[/name]'s mn [name]Peregrine[/name] (falcon)?

So here are some possible combinations :
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Cecily[/name]
and
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Kizzy[/name] [name]Alouette[/name]

or

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Kizzy[/name] [name]Alouette[/name]
and
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Pomona[/name] [name]Cecily[/name]

or

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Alouette[/name]
and
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name].

I have to say, the first is my favourite at the minute … Nns are still [name]Dotty[/name] and [name]Maggie[/name], of course :slight_smile:

What are your thoughts?

Thank you all once again!

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Cecily[/name]
and
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Kizzy[/name] [name]Alouette[/name]

or

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Kizzy[/name] [name]Alouette[/name]
and
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Pomona[/name] [name]Cecily[/name]

or

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Alouette[/name]
and
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name].

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] is my favourite of the options you’ve put there. I think the problem with more is [name]Alouette[/name]. It’s a lovely name but it’s hard to fit it in with some of your name choices. I’m also not sure of [name]Kizzy[/name]. It’s nice enough but feels so much like a nickname and doesn’t feel to me like it matches the more classic feel of the other names you’ve chosen. According to Nameberry it means [name]Cassia[/name] Tree and was commonly used as a slave name. There are lots of variants though like [name]Keziah[/name] (the original form) or [name]Kessie[/name] (which also means chubby baby.lol), [name]Ketzi[/name], [name]Ketzia[/name]…

I like how your other childrens names often seem to have links to things you like or family names.
[name]Dorothea[/name] has the same letters as [name]Theodore[/name].
[name]Alouette[/name] is a bird name like [name]Peregrine[/name].
[name]Marigold[/name] for your sister/flower name like [name]Rosie[/name].
[name]Juniper[/name] is a flower name too.

[name]How[/name] about…
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Alouette[/name] [name]Cecile[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Alouette[/name] [name]Keziah[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Kessie[/name] [name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Kessie[/name] [name]Pomona[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Ketzi[/name] [name]Charlotta[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Ketzi[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Kizzy[/name] [name]Pomona[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Keziah[/name]

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] (just to say it does work well)
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Ketzi[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Madeline[/name] [name]Kaziah[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Pomona[/name] [name]Cecile[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Kizzy[/name] [name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Kizzy[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Kaziah[/name]
[name]Dorthea[/name] [name]Alouette[/name] [name]Cecile[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Alouette[/name] [name]Pomona[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Kessie[/name] [name]Pomona[/name]

That’s all the variants I could thnk of that flow alright. I think [name]Kizzy[/name] only really works next to [name]Juniper[/name] because they boht have a certain spark as opposed to the other names which are more gentle, soft and flowing.

I voted for [name]Verity[/name] because I love the nn’s of [name]Dotty[/name] and [name]Vera[/name].

[quote=“twinkle”]Haha, [name]Lemon[/name] - it is a lucky think that we don’t live in pre-Hispanic Mexico, then! Thank you for your concerns; actually, none of those things really bother DH and I, other than [name]Marigold[/name]'s seeming less feminine that [name]Dorothea[/name] and [name]Ambrosia[/name] … but the light [name]Mari[/name] to us actually makes it seem as feminine, and we would quite like to avoid another -ia ending (plus, DH just won’t go for [name]Magnolia[/name]).

We think we are almost settled on [name]Marigold[/name]; we keep coming back to it, and I can just see us with a little [name]Marigold[/name] …

As for the food names, we both adore [name]Juniper[/name]! DH likes the suggestion of [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Madaleine[/name], too; neither are my favourite, but they are growing on me since the dessert connection was pointed out :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for that link, [name]Lemon[/name], I loved looking through it, and never apologise for such helpful, detailed posts!

We also like [name]Pomona[/name] (apple) - thank you [name]Susan[/name] for suggesting Pommeline, as it reminded me of this old favourite!

As [name]Marigold[/name] would honour my sister, we have a spare middle name to play with. As I was looking at our list of combinations, though, I noticed that we have used [name]Dorothea[/name], an inversion of [name]Jasper[/name]'s mn [name]Theodore[/name], and food names as well as a flower name, all of which tie in with [name]Ambrosia[/name] nn [name]Rosie[/name] … so what about [name]Raphael[/name]? [name]Gabriella[/name], the other feminised archangels name, does not particularly appeal to me, however you already know that DH and I like [name]Alouette[/name] - perhaps a connection to [name]Raffy[/name]'s mn [name]Peregrine[/name] (falcon)?

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] - love beyond all reason!
and
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Kizzy[/name] [name]Alouette[/name] - love, I am really falling for [name]Marigold[/name]!

or

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Kizzy[/name] [name]Alouette[/name] - pretty!
and
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Pomona[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] - I’m sure this is pretty, but I have a personal problem with [name]Pomona[/name]. There is a very smoggy and kind of boring city named [name]Pomona[/name] east of L.A. But I’m sure [name]Pomona[/name] sounds lovely and exotic if you don’t live anywhere near [name]Pomona[/name], [name]CA[/name].

or

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Alouette[/name] - love, I really love [name]Alouette[/name]! So cute!
and
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]. love so much!

I have to say, the first is my favourite at the minute … Nns are still [name]Dotty[/name] and [name]Maggie[/name], of course :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] nns [name]Dotty[/name] and [name]Maggie[/name]!

What are your thoughts?

Thank you all once again!

As whole names I like [name]Dorothea[/name] and [name]Marigold[/name] best together. I voted for them as a pair. However if only considering nn’s then [name]Dotty[/name] and [name]Minnie[/name] would get my vote. I think [name]Minnie[/name] is a very sweet nn but I’m not fond of [name]Minerva[/name].

twinkle, this is so fun! You and DH have such exotic taste in names and really take time to weigh all the implications - and with twins and two middle names I’m so glad that I get to see so much of your decision making process!
My favorite pair so far is:
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Alouette[/name] and [name]Marigold[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]

I love the dessert connection between the twins and with big sister [name]Ambrosia[/name]. I also don’t really like [name]Kizzy[/name] and [name]Pomona[/name] as real names as much - they don’t feel as grounded as [name]Frances[/name], [name]Sofia[/name], [name]Theodore[/name] (well that’s all the middles I can remember right now). To me, [name]Dorothea[/name] and [name]Marigold[/name] are fanciful and creative. But there’s something about form over substance, so if [name]Madeleine[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] are not your favorites, if they don’t really speak to you, then I don’t think you should choose them just because of the dessert connection.