A Unique Boys Name

I can’t possibly find any boy names to fall in love with. Perhaps I’m drawn to soft, girls names that scream sparkly and adventuress, for I have no trouble finding names and combinations for them. Yet with boys I don’t love any enough to ever use them as first. For example, I love the name [name_m]Lysander[/name_m], but only as a middle. It’s a handsome name, but I just don’t love it enough to use it for my future son’s first name. At this point I could use any suggestions. I’m Irish and love Irish boys names, so feel free to suggest those (Though I do believe I have almost all of them for my middle names :)) But I’ll take any rare, [name_u]Unique[/name_u] or even classical names.

I definitely think it’s harder to find a unique, usable boys name.

I personally love the name Chael. I think it might have Irish roots, but I’m not completely sure.

I like it pronounced with a “ch” sound, though I know some people may pronounce it like “kale”

[name_m]Timothy[/name_m] sounds soft and lovely to me.

[name_m]Chester[/name_m] soft and cuddly.

[name_m]Gideon[/name_m] soft sounding.

[name_m]Clarence[/name_m].

[name_m]Clement[/name_m], happy meaning too.

[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] or [name_m]Davian[/name_m]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u] or [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
[name_m]Malachi[/name_m] or [name_m]Quinlan[/name_m]
[name_m]Quentin[/name_m] or [name_m]Adrian[/name_m]
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u] or [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m]
[name_m]Marshall[/name_m] or [name_u]Rylan[/name_u]/[name_m]Ryland[/name_m]
[name_m]Kylan[/name_m] or [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Ian[/name_m] or [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m]
[name_m]Tobin[/name_m] or [name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_m]Tobiah[/name_m] or [name_m]Josiah[/name_m]
[name_u]Paxton[/name_u] or [name_m]Braxton[/name_m]
[name_m]Lennox[/name_m] nn [name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] or [name_m]Bennett[/name_m]
[name_m]Nikolai[/name_m] or [name_u]Kai[/name_u]
[name_u]Seth[/name_u] or [name_m]Jeffrey[/name_m]
[name_m]Alaric[/name_m] or [name_m]Audric[/name_m]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m] or [name_m]Stetson[/name_m]
[name_u]Shaun[/name_u] or [name_m]Matteo[/name_m]
[name_m]Mathias[/name_m] or [name_m]Landon[/name_m]
[name_u]Leighton[/name_u] or [name_m]Zachariah[/name_m] nn rye

A lot of the names on my list seem like they match your criteria. I currently have a [name_m]Liam[/name_m] and a [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] (boy, nickname for [name_u]James[/name_u]). I’m expecting another boy now and am in the process of finding a name that sounds nice with the older brothers’ names. And we have an Irish last name. These are the names I’m considering that might fit with what you want:

[name_u]Alden[/name_u] (English- old, wise friend, #774)
[name_m]Brian[/name_m] (Irish- strong, virtuous, honorable- #139)
[name_m]Caelan[/name_m] (Scottish variation of [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]- people of victory- #?)
[name_m]Cormac[/name_m] (Irish- charioteer- #?)
[name_m]Declan[/name_m] (Irish- man of prayer- #143)
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u] ([name_m]Welch[/name_m]- benevolent- #621)
[name_m]Ephraim[/name_m] (Hebrew- fruitful, fertile, productive- #?)
[name_u]Francis[/name_u] (Latin- Frenchman/free man- #593)
[name_u]Gael[/name_u] (Welsh- wild- #146)
[name_u]Hartley[/name_u] (English- stag meadow- #?)
[name_m]Nolan[/name_m] (Irish- champion- #88)
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u] (Welsh- ardor- #476)
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [[name_m]Wes[/name_m]] (English- western meadow- #155)

Good luck!

[name_f]Felicia[/name_f], Chael is a cute name, but it sounds very similar to my brothers name and I don’t think I could use it because of that reason. Thank you very much for the suggestion though!

[name_u]Leslie[/name_u], you named a few people in my family actually! And while I see [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] a lot on the nameberry forums, I’ve never actually met one. I love the name meaning for [name_m]Clement[/name_m], especially because name meanings are just as important as the name to me, but I just don’t think I love the name.

[name_u]Ashley[/name_u] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f], you named quite a few on my list! I love a lot of you suggestions, I’ll name the ones that are my very favorite. [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m], [name_m]Malachi[/name_m], [name_m]Tobias[/name_m], [name_m]Lennox[/name_m] (and I love [name_m]Leo[/name_m], so that was a bonus to me!) [name_m]Nikolai[/name_m], and though I love [name_u]Kai[/name_u], I don’t think I could name my son that since it’s my nickname.

lla16run, congratulations on your pregnancy! And your sons names are absolutly handsome! a few of the names that stood out to me were [name_u]Ellis[/name_u], [name_m]Ephraim[/name_m], [name_u]Gael[/name_u], and [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]. [name_m]Caelan[/name_m] is a gorgeous name as well. :slight_smile:

Galahad
[name_m]Merlin[/name_m]
[name_m]Apollo[/name_m]
Mercutio
[name_m]Thor[/name_m]
[name_m]Odin[/name_m]

One idea that came to me was [name_u]Artemis[/name_u], though a Greek [name_f]Goddess[/name_f], the name is used as a boys name in the book [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] Fowl.
If you are looking for unique, look to literature. There are tons of unique names. I would also try [name_u]Baby[/name_u] name genie first name generator, put in that beautiful middle name and see what comes out. You may be surprised.

Sorceress, I adore [name_m]Merlin[/name_m], but I don’t possibly ever see myself using it, to me, it’s one of those names that will always be attached to a strong character. I do love [name_m]Apollo[/name_m]!

Scurbro, I love [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] for a boy! But I grew up reading [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] Fowl so I’m biased upon the name. I actually got a lot of my favorite names from books (Such as [name_m]Edmund[/name_m], [name_f]Arwen[/name_f], Etc.) But [name_u]Baby[/name_u] name genie is a new one, I will have to look that up! Thank you!