A

What do you think of these names together as a sibset?
[name]Adah[/name]
[name]Aine[/name] (Pronounced like [name]Anya[/name])
[name]Alana[/name]
[name]Aria[/name]

[name]Adah[/name] and [name]Aria[/name] have always been favorites of mine and I’ve always like [name]Alana[/name]/[name]Alanna[/name]/[name]Alannah[/name], but recently I’ve started to like [name]Aine[/name]. I like [name]Anya[/name] as well but I think that [name]Aine[/name] is more elegant and beautiful.

What do you think?

All are beautiful names.
[name]Aine[/name]/[name]Anya[/name]/[name]Anja[/name] is a favorite of mine, but I think you could run into a lot of problems with pronunciation by spelling it [name]Aine[/name]. I agree that it is an elegant spelling, but I fear people will not know what to do with it.

My two faves are [name]Aria[/name] and [name]Adah[/name] (or [name]Aria[/name] and [name]Aine[/name]/[name]Anya[/name])

The names together as a sibset are way too A heavy for me.

[name]Adah[/name]: [name]Adah[/name]'s just lovely, elegant and refined.
[name]Aine[/name] (Pronounced like [name]Anya[/name]): I like [name]Anya[/name] better. [name]Aine[/name] is asking to be butchered. Plus, [name]Aine[/name] just looks awkward.
[name]Alana[/name]: Very pretty. I really like [name]Lana[/name] though but probably because of the iconic [name]Lana[/name] [name]Turner[/name].
[name]Aria[/name]: Second favorite off the list after [name]Adah[/name].

I like [name]Anya[/name] too but my mom suggested [name]Aine[/name]. I agree about pronounciation; I think she would constantly be saying “Like [name]Anya[/name]”. I don’t know…
Any more thoughts?

I agree with a previous poster. The names all together are “A -heavy” - I think because they are all short names, they feel closer/more related. That’s just my thought.

They are all really pretty names, but I think, unless you want an A theme (nothing wrong w/ that at all, I just think you might need to vary the length/syllable flow of some of them so they don’t seem so matchy or rhymey) you might consider other similar names – like [name]Lana[/name] as someone suggested for [name]Alana[/name]. Or [name]Elena[/name]/[name]Elana[/name]

I too love A names: [name]Adah[/name], [name]Ambrosia[/name], [name]Andromeda[/name] ([name]Andie[/name]), [name]Appoline[/name], [name]Anneliese[/name], [name]Arleen[/name], [name]Adeline[/name]. [name]Arlette[/name], [name]Audra[/name], [name]Ashlyn[/name], [name]Anouk[/name], [name]Aurora[/name], [name]Aurelia[/name], [name]Afton[/name], [name]Alisa[/name] … to name a few. But I don’t think I’ll use two that are similar. Think about twin names. You would never do [name]Jack[/name] & [name]James[/name], but you might do [name]Cody[/name] & [name]Cedric[/name].

Of your list, I like [name]Adah[/name] the most. [name]How[/name] about:

[name]Adah[/name] & [name]Arleen[/name]
[name]Adah[/name] & [name]Afton[/name] (using the short and long vowel sounds to make it sound less matchy)
[name]Adah[/name] & [name]Audra[/name]
[name]Adah[/name] & [name]Amber[/name]
[name]Adah[/name] & [name]Appoline[/name]
[name]Adah[/name] & [name]Amalie[/name]
[name]Adah[/name] & [name]Annie[/name]

Give us an update… what are you thinking?

[name]Stephanie[/name]

Other [name]Anya[/name] spellings you may like…[name]Anja[/name] or [name]Annia[/name] (pronounced slightly differently, more like [name]Annie[/name]-uh I think).

I wouldn’t do [name]Aine[/name] although I can see why you like it because on first reading it I said “Ayne” and I think a lot of teachers, doctors office receptionists etc may have a similar problem!

I love [name]Anya[/name] though :slight_smile: And [name]Aria[/name], I’ve always had a soft spot for [name]Alana[/name] (I like it spelt [name]Alannah[/name]) but I hate that there are so many different variations of it in the top 1000 name charts, meaning it’s actually a little more popular than it seems.

[name]Adah[/name]'s not my style and seems old next to the other girls.

I think having all “A” names in a sibset is hard to get right though. A lot of A names ([name]Aria[/name] particularly) sound very vowely and airy and it make the names hard to say together, maybe having some “stronger” sounding A names in there would help like [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Angeline[/name], [name]Adele[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Allegra[/name] etc

As of now, [name]Adah[/name] and [name]Aria[/name] are definites for future children, though I have a long way to go (I’m 14). I like both [name]Aine[/name] and [name]Alana[/name] a lot, but the pronounciation of [name]Aine[/name] does bother me and [name]Alana[/name] is kinda popular. I’m still not sure but I have a long time to decide! Thanks for your input!