Abe?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Nameberries,

I love the name [name_m]Abe[/name_m], but I’m not sold on [name_m]Abraham[/name_m], [name_m]Abram[/name_m], or [name_m]Abel[/name_m]. They are all a bit too biblical and don’t quite jive with my first born, [name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]. I’m also reticient to go just with [name_m]Abe[/name_m] as his full name since I’m sure people will always ask what it’s short for. Any suggestions or alternatives?

I really like [name_m]Abner[/name_m], and don’t think it’s a stretch to nickname [name_m]Abe[/name_m].

Otherwise, [name_m]Abelard[/name_m] is preferable to [name_m]Abel[/name_m], [name_f]IMO[/name_f].

I think [name_m]Abel[/name_m] or [name_m]Abram[/name_m] would be great with [name_u]Owen[/name_u], actually. All of the [name_m]Ab[/name_m]- names I found had Biblical or Arabic origins, which I don’t think is what you’re looking for. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_m]Jabin[/name_m]? It’s Biblical too but sounds very modern.

[name_m]How[/name_m] about
[name_u]Abbott[/name_u]
[name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]
[name_m]Cabel[/name_m]
[name_m]Fabien[/name_m]
[name_m]Gable[/name_m]
Laben

What about [name_m]Albert[/name_m]? It has the letters A, B and E in that order, and doesn’t really have a default nickname so people wouldn’t automatically shorten it to something other than [name_m]Abe[/name_m].