Abner or Abram?

Hello, baby boy #3 is still nameless… I like [name]Abner[/name] and [name]Abram[/name] BUT out last name is [name]Amos[/name]. Thoughts and opinions please. His middle name will be [name]Kyle[/name]. His brothers are [name]Tobin[/name] [name]Grady[/name] and [name]Jude[/name] [name]Liam[/name]. [name]Maxim[/name] was also a short consideration but [name]Maxim[/name] [name]Amos[/name] kind of just sounds like [name]Maximus[/name]…

Thanks in advance!

I like both [name]Abner[/name] and [name]Abram[/name] BUT I don’t like them with the last name [name]Amos[/name]. I like [name]Maxim[/name] with [name]Amos[/name] though. Have you considered [name]Jonah[/name], [name]Canaan[/name], or [name]Zane[/name]?

I prefer [name]Abram[/name]

I’m not fond of the flat second syllable in [name]Abner[/name].

But I agree that neither really sounds great with [name]Amos[/name] as a last name.

What about:
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Bram[/name]
[name]Cole[/name]

I agree with kala_way-- the “ner” sound just kills [name]Abner[/name].

[name]Abram[/name] [name]Amos[/name] is kind of fun; I think the alliteration works.

Thoughts–

[name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Abdiel[/name]
[name]Adlai[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Boaz[/name]
[name]Cyrus[/name]
[name]Elon[/name]
[name]Ephraim[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Jared[/name]
[name]Jesse[/name]
[name]Kenan[/name]
[name]Malachi[/name]
[name]Reuben[/name]

[name]Abner[/name] [name]Amos[/name] makes me think of ‘ignoramus’. Definitely go with [name]Abram[/name].

Definitely [name]Abram[/name]. I don’t think that [name]Abner[/name] [name]Amos[/name] works very well, and [name]Abram[/name] is a better fit with [name]Tobin[/name] and [name]Jude[/name].

Another vote for [name]Abram[/name]. It’s the better fit with [name]Tobin[/name] and [name]Jude[/name], and honestly [name]Abner[/name] [name]Amos[/name] would be a bit unfortunate.

Yes, [name]Abram[/name] [name]Amos[/name].
[name]Abner[/name] [name]Amos[/name] sounds like “ignoramus.”

Although… [name]Abram[/name] and [name]Amos[/name] are both first names, very much in the same family - slightly Amish-sounding Biblical, simple and manly. I like the alliteration and I think [name]Abram[/name] [name]Amos[/name] is a fine name, but are there others that appeal to you?

I was going to vote for [name]Abner[/name] because [name]Abram[/name] sounds even more similar to [name]Amos[/name], but I guess the “ignoramus” thing changed my mind. If these are definitely the names you love most, [name]Abram[/name] is probably a better choice–a great name, if not for the surname [name]Amos[/name]. If you have some other name loves, I think I’d encourage you to choose something else. Though I see what you mean about [name]Maxim[/name], too…

[name]Do[/name] you like [name]Jotham[/name]? It’s another quirky Biblical name, very unusual, that I think would sound great with [name]Tobin[/name] and [name]Jude[/name] (I love their names, by the way) and pretty good with [name]Amos[/name]. [name]Jotham[/name] [name]Kyle[/name] [name]Amos[/name].

Best wishes!

I really like the [name]Bram[/name] and [name]Levi[/name] suggestions. [name]Abner[/name] and [name]Abram[/name] don’t flow very well with [name]Amos[/name]. What about [name]Maxwell[/name]?

Also [name]Maximo[/name] or [name]Maxton[/name]?

Have you considered the initials would be AKA? Not terrible, but not great.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Bram[/name] instead of [name]Abram[/name]?

Thanks for the suggestions. “Ignoramous” would not be nice to do to my child! Makes me laugh because my dad used that word. I do prefer [name]Abram[/name]!

I am just having the hardest time finding a name I love as much as [name]Tobin[/name] and [name]Jude[/name] and goes well with their names. Not to mention our last name is a first name fiasco.

I do like [name]Asher[/name] (love the meaning) but think if going with an “A” name, [name]Abram[/name] [name]Amos[/name] sounds better (even though kind of Amish-y) than [name]Asher[/name] [name]Amos[/name] ??? I also love [name]Ezra[/name] but husbands not a fan.

[name]Jotham[/name] isn’t bad but I would prefer to not have another "J’ name.

[name]Bram[/name] is cool but I feel like he needs a 2 syllable first name with the 1 syllable middle being [name]Kyle[/name].

I also could careless about the initials, as long as its not derogatory.

Thanks again… hopefully I can fall in love with something before he’s born!

[name]Asher[/name] [name]Amos[/name] sounds much better than [name]Abram[/name] [name]Amos[/name]. The two AM syllables are right next to each other, which sounds like a stutter. [name]Asher[/name] as a wonderful meaning and matches [name]Tobin[/name] and [name]Jude[/name] in flavor. I really like [name]Asher[/name] [name]Kyle[/name] [name]Amos[/name].