About the General Name Discussion category

This category is for name lovers to chat about all aspects of names and naming. Share your latest name sightings, dive into name data from around the world, discuss trends and predictions, and more!

1 Like

This is the only place I can do this bc I can’t message anyone personally, but @katinka this is [name_f]Joye[/name_f], my account JABuckley7 won’t let me log in and none of my posts have been transferred to this account.
I need help!!!

I will try again!

Thank you!!!

1 Like

Hi,

I really like weird names for reptiles like bearded dragon.
and
I would like to suggest you the name for bearded dragon is Forest Grump

I’d like to submit the name [name_f]Isela[/name_f] for name of the day. It’s my coworkers name and I’ve never met another [name_f]Isela[/name_f], and just think it’s lovely, although I can’t find any info on it anywhere other than it being a variation of [name_f]Isla[/name_f]. Wondering if there’s anymore history on the name!

Hi! This would go into the NOTD thread where everyone is free to post any name as their name of the day (or even multiple in one day, sometimes we’re indecisive :wink:)!

As for information on Isela, it’s actually an extremely common name where I live! I’m Latino and live in a very large Hispanic community, it’s super common as both a nickname (Marisela most the time for me) and a full name, I’ve never heard any connection with it to Isla. I’ve seen it spelled Ysela often too