Abram or Arlo

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you like the name [name_m]Abram[/name_m] or [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] better? The middle name would be [name_u]James[/name_u] for either one. [name_m]Abram[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] or [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u].

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Golly, I really like them both. [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] [name_m]Jame[/name_m] flows nicer, because [name_m]AbraM[/name_m] [name_u]JaMes[/name_u] repeats that ‘m’ sound. It’s really nota big deal. I’m just being nit-picky. I just love the nn [name_u]Ari[/name_u] (my cat’s name!), so that gives [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] the slight edge. Although [name_m]Abram[/name_m] nn [name_m]Abe[/name_m] is charming too. [name_m]Abram[/name_m] is more interesting these days, so I think that ultimately gets my vote. [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] isn’t popular, but it’s climbing the charts a bit. I don’t see [name_m]Abram[/name_m] becoming at all trendy in the same way as [name_u]Arlo[/name_u].

In conclusion, I’m no help since I quite like them both. However, [name_m]Abram[/name_m] is less expected, so that probably would end up getting my vote.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

They have completely different vibes to me. [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] feels more modern and [name_m]Abram[/name_m] is more vintage. I like them both but I think I slightly prefer [name_m]Abram[/name_m] more. I would use the nn [name_m]Bram[/name_m]. If you still can’t decide maybe go with whichever one sounds better when your surname?

I think with middle name [name_u]James[/name_u], I prefer [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]

I prefer [name_u]Arlo[/name_u], especially with mn [name_u]James[/name_u]. Either is a fine pick though.

I much prefer [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] and it’s great with [name_u]James[/name_u] as a middle.

I love [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]! [name_m]Abram[/name_m] just makes me think of [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] :confused: though you do have the positive connection w [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m]. I can see people confusing it for [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] and calling him that name by accident.

[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]

[name_m]Abram[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] is my pick

Definitely Arlo

I prefer Abram but I like Arlo too

I like them both. I think [name_m]Abram[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] flows a bit better (I actually like the repeating long A and echoed M sounds). I like the nickname options of [name_m]Abe[/name_m] or [name_m]Bram[/name_m] (who knows which your kid will prefer). [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] feels trendier while [name_m]Abram[/name_m] feels vintage.

I much prefer [name_m]Abram[/name_m]! [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] is a bit too trendy for my taste.

[name_f]My[/name_f] vote goes to [name_u]Arlo[/name_u].

Funny - my brother’s name is [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Abram[/name_m]! I think both [name_m]Abram[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] and [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] are very nice, but I think I agree that the flow is better with [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u].

Continuing the discussion from [name_m]Abram[/name_m] or [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]:

Thanks for all the input! We are leaning toward [name_m]Abram[/name_m] because we prefer vintage over trendy. I have another question for you…

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you prefer [name_m]Abram[/name_m] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] over [name_m]Abram[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]? [name_f]My[/name_f] husband mentioned [name_m]Abram[/name_m] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] as an alternative and I wanted to get some more opinions!

[name_m]Abram[/name_m] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] is so handsome! I had [name_u]Lee[/name_u] in a combo awhile back ([name_m]Judah[/name_m] [name_u]Lee[/name_u]). It works great with [name_m]Abram[/name_m]! I think I prefer it to [name_m]Abram[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u], but they are both nice!

Personally, I prefer [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] to [name_m]Abram[/name_m], and I think [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] is a great combo! But, if you’re leaning towards [name_m]Abram[/name_m] (a lovely choice!), then I’d go with that. [name_m]Even[/name_m] if you’re hesitant about the flow, remember that you probably won’t be calling him by his first and middle name together all that often. I like [name_m]Abram[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] as it is (I don’t find the repeated ‘m’ sound bothersome, especially not since the ‘a’ sounds are different), and I prefer it to [name_m]Abram[/name_m] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] ([name_u]Lee[/name_u]’s just a name I’ve never been fond of, personally).

I prefer [name_m]Abram[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u], very handsome! [name_u]Lee[/name_u] just doesn’t have the same solid, timeless feel that [name_u]James[/name_u] has to me.