Abramson?

WDYT? I love [name]Abram[/name] & [name]Abraham[/name], and also [name]Anderson[/name] so Abramson seems to be perfect for me…

I really like it but I’m not sure whether I like it enough to add it to my list.

What do you think? Does it sound a little too ‘try hard’ or made up?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

[name]Just[/name] no. Why the -son? It makes it sound so trendy and ridiculous. [name]Abram[/name] is perfect on its own, [name]Abraham[/name] is lovely too, if a bit biblical. Leave the -son out of it!

Strikes me as unnecessarily complicated. Unless Abramson was an actual surname used within a family and later repurposed as a given name within that family, I’d stick with [name]Abram[/name] or [name]Abraham[/name].

Yeah I thought the -son would make it pretty trendy. I guess it was the idea of it that appealed to me, because I like [name]Abram[/name]/[name]Abraham[/name] and [name]Anderson[/name] so much.

I saw it on another website so the thought of it being ‘made up’ didnt really come to me until I typed it out. Thanks for the feedback! :slight_smile:

[name]Bear[/name] in mind lots of baby name websites make up crap. Including meanings. They may say “[name]Nevaeh[/name]” means “beautiful butterfly” because people who bother to look up the meaning of their kid’s name probably want it to have a good one. So instead of [name]Cameron[/name] meaning “crooked nose” they might change it to “distinguished man” or something like that. There’s always a bias!

If it was a family surname I wouldn’t have an issue with it. Since it isn’t, I would stick with [name]Abram[/name].

I don’t like it. To me it just looks made up and silly. I think it’s also quite hard to say because it not a name that I’ve heard before.

I wouldn’t say it necessary “looks” made up, but my main problem with it is that it’s pretty awkward to say.

OK, so the more I say it, the more I dislike it…it’s weird how that happens.

I keep hearing [name]Branson[/name] when I say it, like [name]Richard[/name] [name]Branson[/name].

I appreciate all of the feedback :slight_smile:

ditto, Abramson is a legitimate surname, so it’s not made up. But it’s kind of awkward to say. Though if you really loved it, I don’t think it’s that bad. I mean I find [name]Aurora[/name] awkward to say as well but there are many people who love that name…

Oh, thank God I’m not the only one. [name]Aurora[/name] looks pretty on paper, but every time my tongue tries to say it, I wind up saying…um, other words afterwards that are inappropriate for repetition in a family friendly forum. :wink:

I agree with [name]Aurora[/name]! I find it difficult to say after a while, and I see why Abramson is a problem - the more I say it, the more I say it wrong!

Yes, legitimate SURNAME. Not every surname needs to be a firstname. [name]Just[/name] look at Cockburn.

I find it hard to say.

I agree, not all surnames need to be first names, and surnames as first names aren’t everyone’s style.