Absolutely no name!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Ya’ll!

I’m currently 20 weeks pregnant with my fourth and first girl! This little one was quite unexpected as we were all done after our third.
Without meaning to, their names all start with L. [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Liam[/name_m] and [name_u]Logan[/name_u].
I have scoured the internet, books, TV shows, even [name_m]Street[/name_m] signs to find a name for this little girl.
[name_m]Even[/name_m] without sticking with the L theme I cannot find ONE name I like.! It’s starting to worry me a bit. I figured once we found out the sex it would just snap into place like the last one. But there’s nothing I even remotely like!
I’m not sure what to do here… Any thoughts?

Have someone else name her for you? :slight_smile:

Gosh, if you’ve searched high and low already and still haven’t found anything it’s going to be hard to suggest anything. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you want to stick to the “L” trend – since it’s the first girl, you could easily break it based on that alone. Can you give any names you like, even if you don’t love 'em, just to give an idea?

With only the L to go on:
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]
[name_f]Liesel[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]
[name_f]Luella[/name_f]
[name_f]Leda[/name_f]
[name_f]Lark[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]

Any of those you like/love/hate?

Congratulations on your first girl!!! (i’m kind of jealous but don’t tell my hubby) :slight_smile:

[name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Liam[/name_m], [name_u]Logan[/name_u], and…

[name_f]Lacey[/name_f]
[name_u]Leighton[/name_u]
[name_f]Lainey[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f] (might be a little too popular right now)
[name_f]Layla[/name_f]
[name_u]Leland[/name_u]
[name_u]Lindsay[/name_u]
[name_u]Lane[/name_u]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] < love it love it love it with the siblings names!!!

You could also give her names with adorable L nicknames:

Olivia (Liv/Livvy)
Elizabeth (Lizzy/Libby)
Alexandra/Alexis (Lexi)

Hope this helps!

Well I wish I knew what L names you vetoed! But here goes:

[name_f]Leela[/name_f]
[name_f]Lola[/name_f]
[name_f]Lena[/name_f]
[name_f]Lana[/name_f]
[name_f]Layla[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyla[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lara[/name_f]
[name_f]Lissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Louella[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_u]Lexi[/name_u]
[name_m]Landen[/name_m]
Lisbon
[name_f]Lordes[/name_f]
[name_m]Lincoln[/name_m]
[name_f]Leona[/name_f]
[name_f]Lea[/name_f]
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f]
[name_f]Lillia[/name_f]
[name_f]Libby[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilo[/name_f]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f]/[name_f]Livia[/name_f]
Lachlin
[name_u]Lake[/name_u]
[name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_u]Lyric[/name_u]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]
[name_f]Lark[/name_f]
[name_u]Lane[/name_u]

Have you had any thoughts on her middle?

If you’re hating all the names you see, maybe you just need to take a break from it for a little while. Then you can come back to the search fresh. Or just find some names you don’t completely hate and just test drive them. They might grow on you.

I will suggest [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f]. You have [name_f]Lu[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], Cinni, [name_f]Cinda[/name_f]… lots of choices.

I suspect you feel like you should do an L name but you are burned out on them. So to inspire you
I say don’t look at any two syllable L names. Maybe make a list of a nice name from every letter of the alphabet
except L.

Good luck!

Thanks for your help everyone!
Middle name is definitely [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] after my mother. I am not 100% opposed to going off the L theme but worry she will feel left out.

The names currently on our possibility list are:
[name_f]Lacey[/name_f]
[name_u]Laney[/name_u]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Layla[/name_f]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]

I loved lacey and my husband hates it. Now I am wondering how it works on an adult?
He loves [name_u]Laney[/name_u] but I’ve been working it around in my head and can’t get into it.
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is probably the only one I even remotely like but it reminds us a lot of [name_m]Lucas[/name_m].
Pregnancy goes by so fast… And I’m already half way done. I hate to think I will be just picking any old name cause of the time crunch!

I can recommend [name_f]Leah[/name_f] (my name pronounced [name_u]Lee[/name_u]-yah). I also like the [name_m]Lay[/name_m]-ah pronunciation and spelling [name_f]Leia[/name_f]. It has seen me through all stages of life and suited me at all ages. [name_f]Leah[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] is also very pretty.

[name_f]EDIT[/name_f]: [name_m]Lay[/name_m]-ah pronunciation would probably be better with [name_m]Liam[/name_m].

I’m going to echo the pp who suggested [name_f]Leah[/name_f] (lay-ah) for you. Fits beautifully wit the boys.

I like [name_f]Lena[/name_f] (lay-nah) for you. It’s similar to [name_u]Laney[/name_u] without the cutesie factor.

What about [name_u]Delaney[/name_u] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] and you call her [name_u]Laney[/name_u]? I love the suggestion of [name_f]Leah[/name_f]! [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is so adorable…it is perhaps too rhymey with [name_m]Lucas[/name_m]…but if you love it, I think it could be pulled off.

I don’t think you have to stick with the L theme for your daughter. Since she’ll be the only girl, you could say that you wanted something different for her to help her stand out from her brothers. Considering that your boys are named [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Liam[/name_m], and [name_u]Logan[/name_u], I think it’s going to be hard to find a girl’s name that doesn’t sound too similar to at least one of those names. I’m going to suggest some names that don’t start with an L and feel similar to your boys’ names stylistically.

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Keira[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Brenna[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Britta[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Abigail[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] (I know it starts with an L, but I love it.)
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Nola[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Nina[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Natalie[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]

Anything appeal?

[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] & [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] are my favorite L names :slight_smile:

[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]

If not L name
[name_u]Harper[/name_u] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Kerra[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_u]Everly[/name_u] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Aliza[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
Good luck u will find the one soon :slight_smile: hope this helps!

I think [name_f]Lena[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] sounds pretty! There is a teenage girl in my church with that exact first and middle name, but she says it “[name_u]LEE[/name_u]-na,” which I think is more intuitive.
[name_f]Leah[/name_f] is too close to [name_m]Liam[/name_m] when said aloud.
If you don’t care for [name_u]Laney[/name_u], how about [name_f]Lynnette[/name_f] or [name_f]Linnet[/name_f]? I had a friend in college named [name_f]Lynette[/name_f] and it was a very lovely name for her.
Or:
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Layla[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Lola[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_u]Lexie[/name_u] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_u]Landry[/name_u] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]- perhaps not feminine enough?
[name_f]Laretta[/name_f]/[name_f]Loretta[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorna[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_u]Larkin[/name_u] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Leona[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]- means “strong as a liness”…I’ve been crushing on this one lately!
[name_f]Lianna[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]- very pretty next to all those boys’ names!
[name_f]Liberty[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]- a gorgeous combo… and relatively fresh! Familiar but not too popular.
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f]/[name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]- [name_f]Lily[/name_f] just sounds pretty with everything.
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]- classically elegant.
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]- “[name_f]Lori[/name_f]”
[name_f]Luned[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_u]Lyric[/name_u] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
My other suggestion is to revisit any girls’ names you and your husband may have considered for previous pregnancies. Good luck!

I agree with others that it is perfectly fine to break with the “L” pattern. I know a family with 3 J names and one S name on their youngest. The most important thing is that you love the name. You daughter will take her cue from you!

PS [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Isla[/name_f]? I think it sounds lovely with the boys’ names… [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_m]Liam[/name_m], [name_u]Logan[/name_u], and [name_f]Isla[/name_f]… [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]. Very modern and feminine!

I was going to suggest [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] and I see someone just did :slight_smile: sounds really cute.

Well, names are so important that you really don’t want to just settle, but I understand the “namer’s block”!

Here are some that might work?!:

[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Leelee[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_u]Lee[/name_u] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_u]Lonnie[/name_u] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] (I really like this one for some reason, it’s different in a cool way! It also reminds me of both [name_f]Lacey[/name_f] and [name_u]Laney[/name_u]!)
[name_f]Layla[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_u]Lynn[/name_u] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Leona[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Linda[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorraine[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Lana[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] (I love [name_f]Lana[/name_f]!)

Here are my personal favorites, maybe you can draw inspiration from these:

[name_u]Cheyenne[/name_u]
[name_u]Ainsley[/name_u]
[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_f]Giselle[/name_f]
[name_f]Lana[/name_f]

With your sons’ name, I would go with another traditional/modern type name. [name_m]How[/name_m] about:

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f]
[name_f]Mila[/name_f]
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]

Someone suggested [name_u]Delaney[/name_u], but like you I’m not completely sold on the [name_u]Laney[/name_u] name. [name_f]Delaina[/name_f]/Delana/Delena can be called [name_f]Laina[/name_f]/[name_f]Lana[/name_f]/[name_f]Lena[/name_f]; I kind of like the sound of [name_f]Delaina[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f].

You could also go with [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], and call her [name_f]Lilah[/name_f].
Or [name_f]Delia[/name_f] with the nickname [name_f]Lia[/name_f].
OR you could do [name_f]Elaina[/name_f]/[name_f]Eliana[/name_f]/[name_f]Ella[/name_f]/[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]/[name_f]Ellena[/name_f]/[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]; they each have the [name_f]ELL[/name_f] sound just as your other’s do, without actually joining the L train! Plus they each have several nickname possibilities.

Someone also mentioned [name_f]Laurel[/name_f], which is so cute! If that’s too adventurous, you could always go with [name_f]Laura[/name_f]/[name_f]Lora[/name_f].

[name_f]Delaina[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Elaina[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliana[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Ellena[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Lora[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]

I love your kids’ names! If I had a boy and a girl today, they would probably be [name_u]Logan[/name_u] and [name_f]Lila[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Lila[/name_f], [name_f]Leila[/name_f], and [name_f]Lola[/name_f]. . . .

If you wanted to break the L theme but not go too far from it, maybe [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], or [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], or [name_f]Eliana[/name_f], or something else with a prominent L sound? I think the suggestion of [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is lovely, too.