Absolutely no name!

I second the [name_f]Leona[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] suggestion!

What about something like [name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] or [name_f]Alana[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]? They don’t start with “L”, but the “L” sound is very noticeable when the name is said out loud.

My favorite “L” name is [name_f]Leonie[/name_f]. I also think you could get away with something that has a strong “L” in it, without starting with “L”. Like:
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Nell[/name_f]
[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]
[name_f]Alana[/name_f]
[name_f]Alicia[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]

I happen to love [name_u]Laney[/name_u]. I also love [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Leona[/name_f], [name_f]Lenora[/name_f],[name_f]Lydia[/name_f], and [name_f]Lilith[/name_f].

I am absolutely overwhelmed with the outpouring of support and suggestions!
My greatest appreciation to all!
I am going to read and reread all suggestions and mull things over!
Thank you all!

Ooooooo! I would like to compliment you on going with [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] for a middle name – it is so beautiful, ancient, strong and for whatever reason, underused! Would you consider going with [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] or [name_f]Ruthie[/name_f] as a first name? [name_f]Ruthie[/name_f] is so spunky and smart!

Like some of the other posts suggested, I don’t think you are required to go with a name that starts with L. Perhaps you want her to fit in with her siblings, which makes sense. But since you have all boys, I think it would be totally OK to jump to another letter for a sister and pick something elegant and super feminine. Go with your gut!

My favorite from the suggested names is [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]. I kid you not: I have it on my own list!

I love the name [name_u]Lanie[/name_u], too, but I am probably a bit biased – one of my all-time favorite students is named [name_u]Lanie[/name_u], although her spelling is [name_f]Lainie[/name_f]. She is 14 and it fits her well. She is super smart and excels at gymnastics.

Other possibilities:
[name_f]Lilia[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] – I have been crushing on [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] for a long time, but my husband is not a fan. It’s different, but not weird. It is also exotic, strong and so sweet.

[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] – This name makes me think of [name_f]Laura[/name_f] Ingalls [name_m]Wilder[/name_m], but I don’t think that is a bad thing!

[name_f]Lana[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] or [name_f]Lanna[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]: I have loved this name since high school. You have two pronunciation options: LAWN-uh or like Lann-uh.

I like [name_f]Leah[/name_f], but I fear she would spend her life correcting people that her name is pronounced [name_m]LAY[/name_m]-uh, not [name_u]LEE[/name_u]-uh.

Über-feminine options include [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] or [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Lacey[/name_f], but it makes me think of 80s babies who are now moms.

[name_f]Larissa[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]?
[name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]?
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]?
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]?
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]?
[name_f]Lilianna[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]?
[name_f]Libby[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]?

Oh … And, I love [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]! You can’t go wrong there.

Best of luck and congratulations! Please be sure to post your daughter’s name in birth announcements after she arrives! [name_m]How[/name_m] exciting!